panzytuio

panzytuio

PREDATORS! They are just to BAD ASS!

Bevo2506

Bevo2506

Predators do have the upperhand for newer and better technology

Predboy

Predboy

Oh please, we all know preds have the upper hand in everything, you alien fanboys just don't want to admit it. ::)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

You know, there was a thread for that... fun times.  :)

panzytuio

panzytuio

But then the whole way aliens work is pretty cool too.

Skinner

Skinner

Predators don,t need their plasma caster to kill an alien. Although I will admit the need some kind of weapon.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

It's certainly much less of a gamble if he's got a caster.

SM

SM

And Boots Of Escaping.

Skinner

Skinner

Quote from: MadassAlex on Dec 02, 2009, 12:07:38 AM
It's certainly much less of a gamble if he's got a caster.
Definitely true.

dread7154

dread7154

After seeing the Pred from P1 take down Arny in a fist fight and then take a log to the head like a champ and laugh as he lay dying, then witnessing the pred in P2 take several shotgun blasts to the torso and still manage to get up and continue the fight, I decided I'm a pred guy.. Sure aliens can get limbs chopped off and keep going, but thats cause they're too stupid to feel pain.. Preds just shrug it off. On top of that, the music from P2 as the pred approaches King Willie and when you first see the skull collection, awesome. My biggest problem with preds is that in recent media (primarily the movies), they've become less badass; in AVP, the first two preds got killed off like nothing; sure the celtic/heavy/alpha pred put up a fight but the xeno manaed to tackle and pin him, and the pred just TOOK the headbite... Scar managed to kill a few xenos, but most of those were with the plasmacaster, an auto aiming weapon, where's the honor? Then there was AVPR... I like how the one predalien managed to take down the entire ship.. Yes, they were caught off gaurd, but they're expert hunters, and there was an elder aboard, what happened there? Plus Wolf, who's supposed to be super badass was completely unaware of his surrounding most of the time and could have died on multiple occasion had the aliens just 'tailed' him... When I thin of preds, I think of the lone pred infiltrating an alien colony, killing everything in his path in search of the alien queen, the ultimate prey.. Aliens to me, have been strength in numbers.. In fact, look at starcraft, the basis for that was just AVP: The few but powerful protoss/preds, the infinite swarm zerg/xeno and the ones caught in the eye of the storm, the terrans/space marines/humans. In fact, if you watch the alien movies again, there's a trend... Defenless humans = 1 alien, armed and ready humans = lots of aliens. Unless of course you count AVP/AVPR....

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

A few points.

Aliens aren't dumb. Their intelligence is a matter of high contention here, but it's generally accepted that they're "pretty clever", in the words of James Cameron.

The basis for Starcraft was Warhammer 40,000.

As for Alien numbers, in ALIENS, there were four Marines left after the first battle. Out of fourteen. And they fought between two and ten Aliens in that battle. In ALIEN: Resurrection, almost fifty armed soldiers evacuated the vessel because six Aliens escaped. Even with a gun, your average military punter isn't really a match for a Xenomorph.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: MadassAlex on Dec 03, 2009, 12:26:31 AM
A few points.

Aliens aren't dumb. Their intelligence is a matter of high contention here, but it's generally accepted that they're "pretty clever", in the words of James Cameron.

As for Alien numbers, in ALIENS, there were four Marines left after the first battle. Out of fourteen. And they fought between two and ten Aliens in that battle. In ALIEN: Resurrection, almost fifty armed soldiers evacuated the vessel because six Aliens escaped. Even with a gun, your average military punter isn't really a match for a Xenomorph.

Amen, brotha'.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: MadassAlex on Dec 03, 2009, 12:26:31 AM

I don't doubt that, but playing the game shows you it reeks of Aliens.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

It reeks of Warhammer 40,000 even more.

The 'Zerg' are based off the 'Tyranids' of WH40k, which are a space-faring race of biomechanical aliens that consume their slain enemies and take advantage of their genetic data. Tyranids are famous for both their overwhelming planetary assaults and their ability to get close undetected, not to mention their unsurpassed ferocity in hand-to-hand combat.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I guess. But whenever I look at a Hydralisk, I think "Alien Warrior".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed