Vulhala

Quote from: deadmeat on Apr 14, 2009, 03:55:10 PM
End of conversation.

And yet it's not. Is it?  ;D

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

walterf

walterf

Definitely Predator. A large part of it is sentimental because when I was young I saw the first Predator and fell in love with it and then the sequel, etc. I never saw any of the Alien films til much later and had already developed my Pred obsession.

I just think the Predator is a cooler character, aesthetically and in concept. Aliens look way cool, but they also just seem like a big bug kinda creature and to me they don't have as much individuality as a Pred. To me, a Pred is more of a warrior and more calculating, more honorable. They have a code and technology and all kinds of wicked gadgets. In a way, they're more humanized, but that adds to the appeal. Plus, they're just cooler looking to me too.

Cetanu

Cetanu

Quote from: walterf on Apr 15, 2009, 10:32:14 PM
Definitely Predator. A large part of it is sentimental because when I was young I saw the first Predator and fell in love with it and then the sequel, etc. I never saw any of the Alien films til much later and had already developed my Pred obsession.

I just think the Predator is a cooler character, aesthetically and in concept. Aliens look way cool, but they also just seem like a big bug kinda creature and to me they don't have as much individuality as a Pred. To me, a Pred is more of a warrior and more calculating, more honorable. They have a code and technology and all kinds of wicked gadgets. In a way, they're more humanized, but that adds to the appeal. Plus, they're just cooler looking to me too.

^^ He/She/It (presumably he) has his mind on the Path of Truth. XD
Basically summed up me. :P

Master Chief

Master Chief

Let us hear your words though.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: Cetanu on Apr 16, 2009, 12:50:40 AM
Quote from: walterf on Apr 15, 2009, 10:32:14 PM

^^ He/She/It (presumably he) has his mind on the Path of Truth. XD
Basically summed up me. :P

Yeah, he said almost all the resons why I like predys better than penis-heads.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: deadmeat on Apr 16, 2009, 05:44:55 PM

How come your avatar is an Aliens character and there isn't 1 pic of a Pred in your sig then?  ;)

Cetanu

Cetanu

Quote from: Vulhala on Apr 16, 2009, 05:54:13 PM

How come your avatar is an Aliens character and there isn't 1 pic of a Pred in your sig then?  ;)

*gasp* Same question.

Yeah, walterf is psychic *wooooooooo*

Whaddya mean, Master Chief?

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: Vulhala on Apr 16, 2009, 05:54:13 PM

I'm too lazy to change them. ;)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Cetanu on Apr 16, 2009, 06:04:49 PM

I was just asking to hear why you liked the Predator, you know, instead of you just agreeing with walterf.

Cetanu

Cetanu

Quote from: Master Chief on Apr 16, 2009, 08:31:02 PM
Quote from: Cetanu on Apr 16, 2009, 06:04:49 PM

I was just asking to hear why you liked the Predator, you know, instead of you just agreeing with walterf.

Okay :)

Well, as a child I saw Predator first. It was strange 'cause it came on reeeeeally late (I was like six) and Mom told me it was about a giant lizard in the jungle. So I watched, Mom fell asleep, and then I fell in love with the Predator.

I liked how it was a single, stealthy hunter in the jungle with some awesome equipment. Then I saw P2. (Mind you, I'd seen some Aliens movies between, I liked them, too, just not as much). I loved the city theme and how I saw some more Predator equipment, but it wasn't as stealth-oriented. Predator still appeased me.

I knew AvP was coming to film. I had the games and whatnot. The design of the Predator was awe-inspiring, as was their culture, etc.

Good? ;D ;)

Master Chief

Master Chief

See, that wasn't so hard.  Yeah, it was good. 8)

Cetanu

Cetanu

Quote from: Master Chief on Apr 17, 2009, 03:17:27 PM
See, that wasn't so hard.  Yeah, it was good. 8)

Haha, thanks. It was so sentimental, I think I just cried a little. ;D

Chris P

Chris P

I saw ALIENS first when I was six at my grandparents house. In the day time. I didn't get it at first. Then I saw ALIEN on New Years of 03, I believe. Then I rented the others and was hooked on the Alien franchise.

Then, I saw PREADTOR on SPIKE TV, then I rented P2.

Around 4 months later AVP was said to be released soon and they had a news special on its developement. I went ape-shit. Safe to say. ;)

In my opninion, you shouldn't see AVP without seeing the originals first.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Chris P on Apr 17, 2009, 11:08:28 PM
In my opninion, you shouldn't see AVP without seeing the originals first.

Agreed. I saw Predator first, but only after hearing about AvP. Thing is, if you see AvP first, you'll like it but if you become a serious buff of either franchise, you'll realize how much it sucks later on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed