AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,425 times)

SM

SM

Yus.

Ghostface

Ghostface

What about Joker beating a teenage robin to death with a crowbar? Or shooting barbara gordan in the spine, then stripping her nude and taking pictures of her body for display? Have you never seen what killer croc does to his victims? Or zsasz? Aliens/Predator is gore from an outerworldly being. Batman is raw and visceral dealing with rape and murder. I'd pit that these are more damaging to young minds than a fiction parasite bursting through a chest.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Bats is more real, so I guess it could be argued it's more violent only because it's disturbing. But A/P is more in your face coz there's blood and guts flying everywhere.

Ghostface

Ghostface

In the battle for the cowl series we see blood flying as people get shot. Decapitations. Killer croc ate a young girl and many others. None of which was censored. Thats just one series i can think of off the top of my head.

SM

SM

And is a few brief snatches here and there across the course of 71 years, whereas Aliens comics have stack of gore in every series - sometimes in every issue; sometimes more than once.

As for Death in the Family, Robin's beating was all done out of frame.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Well true you're right. Overall Batman isn't as gory as AVP, though at times the themes are a lot darker. My original point is that if they can bring out a toyline based off these "gory" comics the same as they would a saturday morning cartoon show, and they can water down a R-rated franchise to a PG one, whats to stop them from marketing it towards kids. The statement was more tongue-in-cheek than anything, although clearly that was lost on this board.

SM

SM

Well since you never attempted to portray it as tongue-in-cheek I wouldn't complain too much.

Fox have attempted to market Alien to kids since it's inception.

Ghostface

Ghostface

precisely

chaosg30

chaosg30

I Cant Decide    ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :(

AvP had a WAAAY better story, and better lighting and camera, but lacked the effects technology of AVPR (AVP2)

AvPR (as i said above) had really amasing effects, but absaloutly crap storyline.

I cant decide
Plz reply and tell me wot i shood do!
thanx in advance

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Vote AvP.
'Ya'll make the Predator in your avatar happy.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Vote AvP-R

No reason really...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Coz it's win.

And here we, go.

SM

SM

"Win" is relative of course.

Ghostface

Ghostface

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Oct 14, 2010, 01:53:40 AM
"Win" is relative of course.

It's still win!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed