Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,434 times)

SM

SM

It wasn't memorable enough to register.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 23, 2010, 02:50:46 AM
I wouldn't call the music played during the opening ship sequence a rip-off.

Well, yeah, it kinda was. It sounded like a trailer track I had heard before.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Which one?

SiL

SiL

The music that opens the movie is taken from Mars, part of Holst's The Planets suite.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SiL on Mar 23, 2010, 11:12:00 AM
The music that opens the movie is taken from Mars, part of Holst's The Planets suite.

That, and it really reminds me of Gothic Power by X-RAY DOG. The main line of Gothic Power sounds pretty much the same as the main line of the opener for AVPR...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

AvP soundtrack is amazing! The main battle of the film (Grid Vs Celtic) is well highlighted by the music, as well as the flashback and the ending.

gamerstation151

gamerstation151

I love avp 1. I voted for it just because i enjoyed it more and the pred design was bulkier. And i preffer the flat headed aliens.

HitmonTom

HitmonTom

You are the first person I have ever seen who considers the bulky Preds in AvP a good thing.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

I didn't actually mind bulky Predators. Mainly because I doubt a skinny ass creature such as from Predator 2 would survive hand to hand if it didn't have the strength to throw it about.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What makes you think Pussyface was physically weak?

gamerstation151

gamerstation151

Quote from: #6.0 on Mar 22, 2010, 06:35:22 AM
just saying , avp did have a far better soundtrack.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 24, 2010, 04:45:31 PM
What makes you think Pussyface was physically weak?
I really don't want to start a new discussion here, but failure to lift a log, for example? You could say he was mortally wounded, though. But that ain't got no effect on the fact that Aliens can rip through steel doors, so IMO, Bulky Predators weren't that bad, since it gave them a reason to be actually hurling the Grid Alien around like Celtic did. Though I would of preferred a more Traditional Predator anyday.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well first of all, it was Anytime who was hit with the log, so you might want to re-watch the movies.  And ya, like you said he was half-way near dead so I doubt he had any strength left in him.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

In the 2 disc set of AvP Anderson says that the Predators are bulkier because the're fighting fookin aliens.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Mar 24, 2010, 04:41:32 PM
I didn't actually mind bulky Predators. Mainly because I doubt a skinny ass creature such as from Predator 2 would survive hand to hand if it didn't have the strength to throw it about.

Did you see that creatures trophy room?  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed