Just re-watched AvP 2004.....

Started by Scott Conover, Sep 29, 2018, 05:01:22 PM

Author
Just re-watched AvP 2004..... (Read 33,835 times)

[cancerblack]

Yeah, people say it all the time, but I'm not feeling it as an argument.

Kradan

Kradan

I don't think Resurrection is a terrible movie. It's a "weird" one. When I'm in right state of mind I can get a lot of enjoyment out of it

Oh, and I like Newborn. I think he's cute

[cancerblack]

The Newborn is actually pretty impressive, and the hate it gets shows how effective it was imo.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 19, 2020, 09:05:03 PM
The Newborn is actually pretty impressive, and the hate it gets shows how effective it was imo.

Wait... wut?

#RevealThe39

;D

Kradan

Kradan

Do I really need to remind you of your love for AVPR ? I'm with CB on that one

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 19, 2020, 09:49:17 PM
Do I really need to remind you of your love for AVPR ? I'm with CB on that one

Yes, but not over Alien, Aliens, Alien 3... Prometheus even. :)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 19, 2020, 09:05:03 PM
Technically the thing is a God-damned marvel.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Dec 19, 2020, 10:31:28 PM
Technically the thing is a God-damned marvel.

Honestly curious, what makes the Newborn a technical marvel to you, compared to all the creature work you've seen up to that point?

Nightmare Asylum

I agree that the Newborn really is an absolutely impressive feat, technically speaking (and I'd argue design wise as well, as a repulsive medley of grotesque and strangely sympathetic); the actual animatronic itself is so damn expressive, very unlike anything else we had ever seen in the franchise prior to that point. Thematically, it's the final nail in the coffin, that one last abomination that brings together the "Perfect Organism" and the impurity of human evolution/experimentation. It's a thing that shouldn't exist, and won't for much longer, and that last little 'f**k you' (at least, as far in the timeline as the films have taken us) to humanity's ever-growing attempts to get their hands on this thing.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I truly want to see that movie you're describing. :)

Kradan

Kradan

I want to understand how AVPR is supposed to age like a fine wine

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Touché!  :D

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 19, 2020, 10:42:55 PM
Honestly curious, what makes the Newborn a technical marvel to you, compared to all the creature work you've seen up to that point?
How well it moves, how well the skin stretches and sags and draws over the musculature and skeleton, the performance they got out of it. It's one of the best animatronics put to screen.

SM

SM

Yeah the range of expressions they could perform. Was curious that ADIs Predators never had that level of believability.

SiL

SiL

Scar had plenty of range of expression -- arguably too much with some of his reactions in the film. It went into cartoon territory sometimes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed