Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: The 'last thing you bought...
Last post by Prez - Today at 09:48:57 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Today at 12:31:54 PMManaged to pick this up on ebay.

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

To upgrade my aging 1060.

Having switched to Mac for the past 15 years (logical given the work I do) I have forgotten all about this kind of purchase. Hahaha. Graphics cards, sound cards... Memories.
Recreational Area / Re: What made you happy today?
Last post by Prez - Today at 09:47:11 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Today at 10:46:12 AMThat's the one with Cold Forge and Charybdis? Good read!

Yep + Prototype (which I haven't read yet). I've listened to White's previous books (via audiobook) but always wanted a physical copy. These collections are perfectly priced too.

Also today my son turns 27!! Hard to believe the little boy is not so little anymore. Proud dad. Very happy.
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by Xenomrph - Today at 09:39:29 PM
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Apr 30, 2024, 05:39:25 PM
Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Apr 29, 2024, 03:52:43 PMIt seems like they're going to discuss the films legacy through comics, video games, toys, etc. Which seems like some newish ground and something I'm kind of excited to see studied.
That rekindles a little bit of interest, but I'm still not paying what they're asking.

Hopefully they do a cheaper second run for us lowly fake fans who don't care about getting our names in the credits.
According to the CEO, they're not.

I mean, unless he's a filthy filthy liar preying on false FOMO...
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 08:52:55 PM
Came here for Prometheus stuff since AvPNews was finally dead. I'd sometimes browsed without registering prior to that though.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 08:48:16 PM
I brought a desk that was too small when I moved into this house. When I get another desk that'll fit an actual second monitor on it, I might look into getting a 4K monitor.
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 08:33:21 PM
I joined up in '09. Just for general chatting about the franchises, mostly, but also got caught up in early hype/rumors about the then-untitled Alien prequel that was due to be coming, and following news about Predators' upcoming release.

Didn't even see AVPR until some time in 2010, after I'd already been here a year, once it debuted on cable. And I haven't seen it since that one edited-for-TV viewing.
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Today at 05:34:41 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 02:46:51 AMHow do you guys feel if anything that It's related To the xenomorph, Came from a black hole.

The biomechanoids realm beyond the event horizon? :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWBkZ3bMSV0

Those sounds are unbelievable, they're awesome. But they're totally misleading. Not just cause there's no air to hear it. The sounds are "translated" to a frequency that the human ear can hear. All of the sounds from black holes and planets and stars etc. are so deep that we would never hear them IRL. You wouldn't even feel it in your bones. It's too deep and not that powerful... Those sounds are real as much as a chipmunk voice filter is my "real" voice if I had to make it higher just so an alien creature (that doesn't register low frequencies) could hear me.

Sorry to be the party pooper. I'm just that fun.
Predator Films / Re: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 08:17:52 PM
And based on Mike's comments from around the time this was announced, Dane DiLiegro was meeting with StudioGillis relatively recently (as per his Instagram stories at the time), so presumably both Dane and Alec Gillis will be back.
Next "update" should be the game coming to xbox, then later this year expect a dlc predator class, nothing more.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed