Alien: Uncivil War coming in 2024.

Started by felix, Oct 17, 2023, 04:49:56 AM

Author
Alien: Uncivil War coming in 2024. (Read 7,982 times)

Corporal Hicks

Was just coming to share that. Interesting, we really don't get a lot of post-Resurrection books. Wonder if it takes the Rage War into account.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 19, 2024, 10:40:25 AMhttps://x.com/BrendanDeneen/status/1780995946744091051

Takes place after Resurrection.

Cool!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2024, 10:48:36 AMWas just coming to share that. Interesting, we really don't get a lot of post-Resurrection books. Wonder if it takes the Rage War into account.

I think Phalanx also takes place after Resurrection.

Pocok

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 19, 2024, 10:56:46 AMI think Phalanx also takes place after Resurrection.

Nah, its date is still unknown.

Still Collating...

I believe the author did give a timeline that was indeed after Resurrection. On a blog or somewhere, the history of Ategina. Need to find that...

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2024, 10:48:36 AMWonder if it takes the Rage War into account.

The AVP and Predator-linked books are not canon; only the Alien novel is.

SiL

SiL

None of it's canon.

Corporal Hicks

Which doesn't really work from a continuity POV. But things are constantly changing as to what is or isn't canon so I'd never be surprised to see them referenced.

Slutty Badger

Corporal Hicks

Slutty Badger

Woah yeah, I love the look of this! Finally, a story set during the time of the USM. I always though that that was a neglected time period.

Could be the first novel to get excited about in a while.

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: Pocok on Apr 26, 2024, 10:27:20 AM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 19, 2024, 10:56:46 AMI think Phalanx also takes place after Resurrection.

Nah, its date is still unknown.

I Believe Scott said in an interview that it takes place in the 25th century. Based on the math on the book, I came up with ~2554, long after Resurrection. This is based on the type of ship the NanShan was and the Zachariah model, who had a serial number almost identical to Walter's

Slutty Badger

Bit of an error, though - Peter Weyland did not found Weyland-Yutani.

Or is this one of those "unreliable narrator" things?

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/WorkingSamuels/status/1783912930414891397

This comment led me down a rabbit hole where I found out that Mrs. Yutani – the very same Mrs. Yutani from AVPR, at that – was at one point going to appear in The Predator, and that that film gave her the name Cullen, and that we now have Alien media acknowledging elements derived from AVPR/The Predator.

Wild...

SM

SM

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 26, 2024, 06:08:25 PMBit of an error, though - Peter Weyland did not found Weyland-Yutani.

Or is this one of those "unreliable narrator" things?

No.

Crew Expendable

Weyland-Yutani cultists. Wouldn't they just be Wal-Mart employees?  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed