Alien Covenant Review Roundup

Started by Darkness, May 07, 2017, 03:38:05 AM

Author
Alien Covenant Review Roundup (Read 122,674 times)

newagescamartist

Quote from: Robopadna on May 10, 2017, 12:32:43 AM
Quote from: newagescamartist on May 10, 2017, 12:01:26 AM
Very unprofessional. Pathetic.

He's being honest and he didn't say anything terrible.

Sure, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to trash on the movie before it's even released is bad form. IMO.

Enoch

Enoch

Indeed. I must agree despite the fact that I respect Wayne and his work.

Robopadna

Robopadna

Quote from: newagescamartist on May 10, 2017, 01:04:48 AM

Sure, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to trash on the movie before it's even released is bad form. IMO.

It's released isn't it?  Who cares overall?  Your opinion but it won't make a bit of difference.

newagescamartist

Quote from: Robopadna on May 10, 2017, 01:11:17 AM

It's released isn't it?  Who cares overall?  Your opinion but it won't make a bit of difference.

When did it release?

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

It's good to see the Alien fan base hasn't dropped to rabid levels of their comic book counterparts. Imagine if he said that about a Marvel or DC film, he would have been ripped to shreds on twitter.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Wayne seems to be a nice guy but average cinematography? Cannot believe it. Ghost in the shell better than Covenant?

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

The cinematography in Ghost in the Shell is not 'better'... and there's his qualification right there in that comment. GITS hardly has a real landscape or set to capture... It has all the cinematography of a dead fish.

900SL

900SL

This earlier (pre-premiere) comment from the Guardian may turn out to be on the nail:

'But the abiding sense here is that the new movie is suffering from the same lack of a clear flightpath that saw Fincher virtually disown Alien 3 and helped make Jean-Pierre Jeunet's Alien: Resurrection a perennial source of the entirely wrong sort of horror. Once again it is film-making by numbers, as if the venerable space saga is being produced by a studio offshoot of Weyland-Yutani, the evil corporation that's usually at the heart of everything rotten in the Alien universe. And as long-term acolytes will know all too well, it never ends positively when the men in suits have ultimate control of the mission'

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/22/ridley-scott-alien-covenant-reboot-script-filming-troubles

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Godzillakuj94 on May 09, 2017, 05:11:14 PM
For those who have seen it, are there any scenes with practical aliens? Or are they all CG in the final product?

The only thing that really stood out to me as being practical was a
Spoiler
close-up of the Alien head with the inner-jaw in motion.
[close]

Stargazer

Stargazer

Yeah I'd understand if he was negative to the storytelling and stuff but I cannot ever see a Ridley Scott film having poor cinematography and set designs.

No matter what your opinions are on the quality of his films, all them are absolutely beautiful to look at

juxtapose

juxtapose

maybe some of Wayne's work got cut and it upset him and now his taking it out on the film. .cause his criticism has nothing to do with the story. .at least so far. .

900SL

900SL

I went online to reserve tickets for the opening days screening here, and was suprised to see that the cinemas screenings were only 10% booked..

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Robopadna on May 10, 2017, 01:11:17 AM

Aye. I don't know what you guys are reading but the guy is just sharing his opinion of the film. He's entitled to do that and it's not like he's throwing insults at Ridley or demanding he be sacrificed at the alter. He saw the film. I've seen the film. Other's have seen the film. The embargo is done with, we can talk about our opinions of it. Chill out.

Gazz

Gazz

It's certainly poor form/ considered unprofessional from an industry perspective.

From the perspective of everyone else, it's fair game.

El Diablo

El Diablo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2017, 07:48:32 AM
Quote from: Godzillakuj94 on May 09, 2017, 05:11:14 PM
For those who have seen it, are there any scenes with practical aliens? Or are they all CG in the final product?

The only thing that really stood out to me as being practical was a
Spoiler
close-up of the Alien head with the inner-jaw in motion.
[close]

At the very first screening I attended in October it was stated before the film began that there would be unfinished creature effects, and that whatever practical work seen would act as a placeholder for digital re-creation.
Spoiler
I saw stunt suits and a creepy full size Neomorph for just a handful of seconds, which looked great (both cuts I saw had different close-ups and angles). The shot you see in the TV spot of the Neomorph standing silently before lunging forward with its mouth open was originally performed by a costumed actor with an animatronic head.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed