Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,346 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Black Panther

Very good action/adventure film. Might be one of my favorite MCU films. :)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ninja III: The Domination
So bad its utterly brillant. Cannon at its "finest"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters

I liked this, although I would have liked to see more Toho monsters instead of generic designs and I'm not sure about giving Godzilla an electromagnetic shield like he's f**king Booker from Bioshock, though I suppose I should be happy he's not shooting lasers out his ass like in Shin. :laugh:

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

Easily my second favorite in the series after the original.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 18, 2018, 01:46:53 AMMission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

I'm a total assmuffin in that I love the first two and don't much care for anything after that.

Which I'm sure will get a rise out of... every other fan of the series :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Fast and The Furious 8
Just purely popcorn. Its fun, you don't have to think hard (Unless you're my stepmother lol). Bring on Number 9

Black Panther
Fantastic. One of the best Marvel movies to date for me. Perfect world building and the cast is spot on for me. And that soundtrack. Damn

GI Joe: Retalition
Enjoyable in places, although I would bring back some characters from the first one for a third one

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2018, 10:41:45 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 18, 2018, 01:46:53 AMMission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

I'm a total assmuffin in that I love the first two and don't much care for anything after that.

I love the first but can't stand 2. Between the crap story, Cruise playing Ethan like the world's biggest douche, and every single frame being grossly over stylized, it all falls apart for me.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

To be honest, I get the hate. I mostly like it because I'm such a big fan of John Woo. It's really watered-down, cut-to-pieces John Woo, but it has enough of his signature style that I still love it. I do wish we could see some kind of director's cut one day though; supposedly it was butchered by the studio, which is why so much of it makes so little sense.

To be honest, the only reason why I'm not huge on the ones since is it just feels like they all keep recycling the same scenes and plot points over and over.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

With every sequel, the title Misson Impossible loses more meaning. By now it's Misson Quite Difficult But Still Possible.

The Beyond (2017)
Not bad. Bit like a Arrival made fake documentary style.

Tragedy Girls (2017)
Not great but somewhat decent slasher.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Batman: Under the Red Hood

Easily the best in this line of animated films so far.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Better than Mask of the Phantasm?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 22, 2018, 11:26:20 AM
Better than Mask of the Phantasm?

That's a tough call, but probably not. I meant the line of movies that started with Superman: Doomsday.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Ah, gotcha!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2018, 10:41:45 AM

Really ? I think the first one is a real masterpiece in terms of suspense and directing, but i find the second one a little too "john woo-esque" for what the franchise is, even though it has some cool moments. The third one is the weakest in terms of directing IMO though, the fourth and fifth are great  ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 22, 2018, 03:18:39 PMReally ? I think the first one is a real masterpiece in terms of suspense and directing, but i find the second one a little too "john woo-esque" for what the franchise is, even though it has some cool moments.

If you check out my next post after the one you quoted, you'll see the John Woo angle is the reason I like it :)

As I said then, I get why fans of the series hate it, but as someone who isn't really a fan of the series, I love it.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 22, 2018, 03:22:26 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 22, 2018, 03:18:39 PMReally ? I think the first one is a real masterpiece in terms of suspense and directing, but i find the second one a little too "john woo-esque" for what the franchise is, even though it has some cool moments.

If you check out my next post after the one you quoted, you'll see the John Woo angle is the reason I like it :)

As I said then, I get why fans of the series hate it, but as someone who isn't really a fan of the series, I love it.

Ah sorry  ;D !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed