Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,092 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I never thought it was bad (even seen it in a theater while on holiday at the beach back then), just choppy in the storyline and slowwwww character development aside from Dr. Grant.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Cat People (1982)

Cut out the clumsy references to the original film, and this would be nigh perfect.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 01, 2017, 01:12:52 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 01, 2017, 11:02:29 AMChild 44

:laugh: I did exactly the same with that and 44 Inch Chest.

Hahahaha

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Black Cat (1981)

Yep, Lucio's been on the cocaine again. :laugh:

Russ

Russ

Thor: The Dark World. I do like Marvel movies - they're charming and very entertaining. I have to say that the DC ones resonate more and are far more interesting, but every single Marvel one I've seen is great fun.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Free Fire aka Great Accents: The Movie

Really enjoyed this. Once again, Sharlto Copley's character was the unquestionable highlight, but all the characters were fun. If I had a critique, it's that a film that's basically one continuous shootout was a lot slower than I expected, but it was still a very entertaining movie.

Spoiler
Holy shit, when that dude got his head run over at the end. Genuinely shocked me without how hysterically nasty it was :laugh:
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

47 Metres Down
I really enjoyed this. Very tense, but The Shallows does just top it. Mandy Moore puts in a good performance and its nice to still see Matthew Modine doing something (Stranger Things included)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Last of the Mohicans - Director's Definitive Cut

Easily my favorite Michael Mann film. It just... works. The score, the characters, that f**king ending fight scene. It's glorious. Now if only we could a proper special edition with all of the cuts rounded up and loads of features. As long as it doesn't end up like Anchor Bay's release of Manhunter and give us two new cuts by accident. :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

I still love this film lol

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 05, 2017, 11:23:14 AM

"SHUT YOUR F**KING FACE UNCLE F**CKA"

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Prez on Aug 05, 2017, 01:00:18 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 05, 2017, 11:23:14 AM

"SHUT YOUR F**KING FACE UNCLE F**CKA"

Im Super, Thanks for asking

Scorpio

Scorpio

Spiderman:  Homecoming - this seemed more like an Avengers sequel than Spiderman. 
War for the Planet of the Apes - found this a bit long and drawn out.. only good character is Caeser.. but was not satisfying to me as a conclusion to this trilogy, or a prequel to the original.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 04, 2017, 09:46:35 PMThe Last of the Mohicans - Director's Definitive Cut

Easily my favorite Michael Mann film. It just... works. The score, the characters, that f**king ending fight scene. It's glorious.

Yeah, the end of that film is immense. Stirring, intense, emotional, and so God damn satisfying when the old dude batters Magua the hell to death :laugh:

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 04, 2017, 09:46:35 PMNow if only we could a proper special edition with all of the cuts rounded up and loads of features.

Yeah, I was really disappointed by this latest Blu-ray cut. It was barely different to the original theatrical version and the one genuinely interesting addition made in the previous director's cut (the bit where Heyward leads the British in action against the French at the fort) was taken out again even though it was a great scene.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 04, 2017, 09:46:35 PMAs long as it doesn't end up like Anchor Bay's release of Manhunter and give us two new cuts by accident. :laugh:

Lol. That led to so much confusion when I finally got the Blu-ray and realised I'd never been watching the actual theatrical version for so many years.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 05, 2017, 04:26:30 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 04, 2017, 09:46:35 PMThe Last of the Mohicans - Director's Definitive Cut

Easily my favorite Michael Mann film. It just... works. The score, the characters, that f**king ending fight scene. It's glorious.

Yeah, the end of that film is immense. Stirring, intense, emotional, and so God damn satisfying when the old dude batters Magua the hell to death :laugh:

And all with practically no dialogue.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 04, 2017, 09:46:35 PMNow if only we could a proper special edition with all of the cuts rounded up and loads of features.

Yeah, I was really disappointed by this latest Blu-ray cut. It was barely different to the original theatrical version and the one genuinely interesting addition made in the previous director's cut (the bit where Heyward leads the British in action against the French at the fort) was taken out again even though it was a great scene.

I've never actually seen that cut, since for years I only had the VHS tape.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 04, 2017, 09:46:35 PMAs long as it doesn't end up like Anchor Bay's release of Manhunter and give us two new cuts by accident. :laugh:

Lol. That led to so much confusion when I finally got the Blu-ray and realised I'd never been watching the actual theatrical version for so many years.

I can only imagine, as I only now about that from what I've. What a clusterf**k. :laugh:

The Dark Tower

Okay... this wasn't as bad as I was expecting based on the reviews and general buzz, but it still wasn't very good. Elba and McConnaughey are both very good for what they're given, and there are two scenes in particular that fire on all cylinders and really show how good this could have been. Aside from that, though, it's a thoroughly middle of the road, forgettable film, that plays things way too safe and moves way too quickly to really leave much of an impression.

Prez

Prez

Arrival

Finally got to watch this last night with the missus.

What a brilliant cerebal sci-fi. Had a massive Nolan-esque twist plot wise but was wonderfully written and acted.

Villeneuve keeps making great films (bodes well for Blade Runner 2049).

Wouldn't mind see him have a go at an Alien film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed