Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,343 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Doctor Mordrid

Not the greatest thing ever, but Jeffrey Combs made a for a good Doctor Strange knock off, and Brian "Shao Kahn" Thompson was a hilarious, over-the-top villain.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

After years of wanting to watch it, I finally watched Fire in the Sky last night as I was in the mood for something scary and saw NetFlix actually had it on. I'd always heard about it being a terrifying film and I'd seen clips of it but I just felt so underwhelmed. It was as if all the hype revolved around a single scene that does't take place until the last 10 minutes or so. Was so disappointed.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Exorcist II - The Heretic
OMG this was so bad, so bad. I could see what they were trying to do and it had a few intriguing concepts, but it ballses it up. I would like to read the original script before Boorman and Pallegrino decided to gangbang it to death

Wilderness
A good British Horror film. Only a few characters were likeable but i guess that was the point. Also no way would they allow Prisoners to travel around like that with ONE guard lol

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

(from Halloween, traditional viewings)

Halloween (1978)

All time classic. Never realized how much Jamie Lee Curtis looks exactly like my mother.  :o

Classic/10

Ernest Scared Stupid (1991)

Only until this year did I realize some of this movie's dialog is quite adult humor... A perfect family Halloween movie.

Classic/10

Night Of The Living Dead (1990)

Filmed literally less than 5 miles from my house, so it has a special spot. This version with Tony Todd is my favorite of the two, but the 1967 original has much more historical significance and has the better ending (well, not better, but yall know what I mean). I also know two people that were in this one as well.

Classic (for me anyways)/10

BTW, Kiramid:
Spoiler
I failed in being able to watch the last two COTC that I have. I will repay you by starting the Nightmare On Elm Street movies next October!
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 02, 2016, 01:14:51 PM
OMG this was so bad, so bad. I could see what they were trying to do and it had a few intriguing concepts, but it ballses it up. I would like to read the original script before Boorman and Pallegrino decided to gangbang it to death.

And this was after what those two tried to do to Lord of the Rings. :laugh:

Doctor Strange (2007)

This... kind of sucked. Mordo was hilarious, though. "Dormammu is using comatose children to make a gateway!" "Then obviously we must kill the children before he can cross it!" :laugh: This is when he is still technically in good guy mode.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 03, 2016, 02:39:31 AM
OMG this was so bad, so bad. I could see what they were trying to do and it had a few intriguing concepts, but it ballses it up. I would like to read the original script before Boorman and Pallegrino decided to gangbang it to death.

So they started all the Frodo and Sam memes then lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 03, 2016, 11:36:58 AM

Well in their version Gandalf beats the password to Moria out of Gimli's racial memory, and Frodo has sex with Galadriel, among other things.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Captain Fantastic (2016)

Viggo Mortensen rules!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 03, 2016, 01:28:14 PM

Well in their version Gandalf beats the password to Moria out of Gimli's racial memory, and Frodo has sex with Galadriel, among other things.

Sweet Jesus. Do you have a copy of this script? lol

Exorcist III - Theatrical Cut
Wish they'd kept the subtitle Legion for this, especially since that's the name of the book. They even use it in some of the trailers lol. This studio version is still great, This was actually the first Exorcist film i ever saw when i was a kid and some moments still shock me and make me jump, like the Hospital corridor and the home visit. I do like how they managed to work the interplay between Brad Dourif and Jason Miller as different versions of Patient X, especially since that wasnt the original plan, but they do manage to pull it off. George C. Scott puts in a great performance as Kinderman, going from angry to breaking down. I'm also surprised that Blatty hasnt done more directing work.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 04, 2016, 12:06:14 PM

Yeeeep. Scanned it myself. :)

QuoteExorcist III - Theatrical Cut
Wish they'd kept the subtitle Legion for this, especially since that's the name of the book. They even use it in some of the trailers lol. This studio version is still great, This was actually the first Exorcist film i ever saw when i was a kid and some moments still shock me and make me jump, like the Hospital corridor and the home visit. I do like how they managed to work the interplay between Brad Dourif and Jason Miller as different versions of Patient X, especially since that wasnt the original plan, but they do manage to pull it off. George C. Scott puts in a great performance as Kinderman, going from angry to breaking down. I'm also surprised that Blatty hasnt done more directing work.

The studio actually wanted to cut Dourif out of the film entirely, but Miller couldn't carry the role because of his alcoholism. And Blatty has only directed one other film, The Ninth Configuration. Interesting piece of work, to say the least.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 04, 2016, 02:19:31 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 04, 2016, 12:06:14 PM

Yeeeep. Scanned it myself. :)

Can you email it to me?

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 04, 2016, 02:19:31 PM
QuoteExorcist III - Theatrical Cut
Wish they'd kept the subtitle Legion for this, especially since that's the name of the book. They even use it in some of the trailers lol. This studio version is still great, This was actually the first Exorcist film i ever saw when i was a kid and some moments still shock me and make me jump, like the Hospital corridor and the home visit. I do like how they managed to work the interplay between Brad Douriff and Jason Miller as different versions of Patient X, especially since that wasnt the original plan, but they do manage to pull it off. George C. Scott puts in a great performance as Kinderman, going from angry to breaking down. I'm also surprised that Blatty hasnt done more directing work.

The studio actually wanted to cut Douriff out of the film entirely, but Miller couldn't carry the role because of his alcoholism. And Blatty has only directed one other film, The Ninth Configuration. Interesting piece of work, to say the least.

I remember reading that yeah. I'm glad they were able to keep Douriff's stuff, its just a powerhouse performance. Cant wait to get a copy of the Director's Cut to see just pure Douriff and all the other bits. Still a couple of plot holes at the end of the theatrical cut mind, like what happened to Nurse Allerton and the body of Father Morning (who least he didnt just show up, the studio actually gave him a few scenes by himself lol_

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 04, 2016, 02:35:06 PM
Can you email it to me?

Done.

QuoteI remember reading that yeah. I'm glad they were able to keep Douriff's stuff, its just a powerhouse performance. Cant wait to get a copy of the Director's Cut to see just pure Douriff and all the other bits. Still a couple of plot holes at the end of the theatrical cut mind, like what happened to Nurse Allerton and the body of Father Morning (who least he didnt just show up, the studio actually gave him a few scenes by himself lol_

Allerton isn't concluded in the other cut, either.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

The Thing 10/10

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Captain America: Civil War (2016) - 3/5

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance
Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx

f**king awesome flicks. The sheer amount of carnage is just insane.

Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart to Hades

Pretty good film, but the plot is a bit too meandering and has too many things going on.

Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart in Peril

Aside from a really awful subplot cum musical interlude, this was pretty damn awesome, with some genuinely interesting character development.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed