Aliens: Dark Descent

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Jun 09, 2022, 06:09:08 PM

Author
Aliens: Dark Descent (Read 57,178 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Wweyland on Dec 26, 2023, 08:22:55 PMAnyone else abuse the elevators for save points?
Oh shit, I never thought to do that.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Wweyland on Dec 26, 2023, 08:22:55 PMAnyone else abuse the elevators for save points?
I did  :D

Wweyland

Wweyland

I have managed to keep everyone alive with this "trick".
One marine did lose a limb though, but got a cool robotic replacement and returned to action :)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Well such a mission can be expensive, cost an arm and a leg... :laugh:  :laugh:

Wweyland

Wweyland

Seems it's just a cosmetic thing though, no harm done (despite time spent with the shrink).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Has anyone come across a way to get that specific injury on purpose?

razeak

razeak

Great moment: My squad was desperately trying to get to an elevator. The prompt came up and apparently an alien snatched my Sgt. Frost right at the door and I clicked the other floor as I realized he was taken. RIP lol.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Finally caved and picked this up, this style of game isnt usually my cup of tea.

Im on the dead hills mission and was killed off pretty quickly. On a console, the controls are not feeling very intuitive for me.

Really enjoying the story and authenticity here but not sure if I can hang with a game this difficult. May change to story mode and see how it goes.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Anyone name their Marines anything interesting? I recreated a few characters from Aliens Infestation, Fireteam Elite, AVP 2010, Alexa Woods, Miller "NatGeo" and Verheiden "Versus" from AVP 2004.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 22, 2024, 11:59:35 AMFinally caved and picked this up, this style of game isnt usually my cup of tea.

Im on the dead hills mission and was killed off pretty quickly. On a console, the controls are not feeling very intuitive for me.

Really enjoying the story and authenticity here but not sure if I can hang with a game this difficult. May change to story mode and see how it goes.

Keep playing until you get the specializations for your marines, and don't leave missions until you are almost out of supplies/ammo.  The more you leave, the harder the game gets.  Specializations let you overcome various knockdowns, and take out sentries that alert other enemies. 

I enjoyed it.  I actually prefer it over FTE (itself which exceeded my expectations).  Not perfect, needs lots more polish, and hopefully a sequel (just like FTE) delivers a more capable product. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is much better than FTE, and the Aliens themselves are much more authentic than anything we have had in bloody ages, sure you can mow down dozens with the sentry turrets and other warfare implementations but at the same time one can destroy a squad.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I think FTE is meant to be more of a fun arcade-like shooter, with emphasis on gameplay over story. I enjoyed it a lot.
I think Dark descent may be more story driven.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't think either of them are particularly story driven.  Both to me have the early EU feel of darkhorse without much meat on the bones.  I think FTE is more fun to play, and Dark Descent is more immersive.   

Storywise, the best "recent" game has been Isolation.  It's just a shame about the gameplay. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Get good.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Finished this with all the marines surviving. Good times. Still have a lot of achievements to unlock though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed