In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,592 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 15, 2021, 02:34:48 PM
Let em have it. It's time to come home.

I find the whole thing sad and disheartening to be honest, if they want to leave than fine because true only Afghanistan can sort it's own shit out... but did they have to royally f**k it up and throw all moral responsibility out the window while doing it to the point even Russia and China of all nations are like "What the f**k".

A whole lot of people being left behind to suffer and die after 20 years of promises just because the U.S got bored, it makes me feel like Canada and even other NATO members should of never got involved and sent soldiers over to die ultimately for nothing.

What pisses me off most though is the U.S insisting it's not a defeat or a Saigon because "we got bin Laden". 1. f**k off with that bullshit, the U.S lost and not only does Vietnam come to mind but the Crimean War comes to mind as an example of how pointless and wasteful the war ultimately was too. 2. The U.S really wants to tell people that over 200,000 lives lost over 20 years is an acceptable trade for 1 man?

Well that's a lot finally off my chest.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 15, 2021, 03:42:27 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 15, 2021, 03:14:55 AM
Probably just propaganda though.

Guessing this smartass remark is aimed at me.
Where was your comeback when I provided sources after you questioned me, Mr This Ought To Be Good?

SiL beat me to it.

Spoiler
I still think everyone should get vaccinated.
[close]

Fact check: Ivermectin is not a proven treatment for COVID-19

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 15, 2021, 05:27:35 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Aug 15, 2021, 02:34:48 PM
Let em have it. It's time to come home.

I find the whole thing sad and disheartening to be honest, if they want to leave than fine because true only Afghanistan can sort it's own shit out... but did they have to royally f**k it up and throw all moral responsibility out the window while doing it to the point even Russia and China of all nations are like "What the f**k".

A whole lot of people being left behind to suffer and die after 20 years of promises just because the U.S got bored, it makes me feel like Canada and even other NATO members should of never got involved and sent soldiers over to die ultimately for nothing.

What pisses me off most though is the U.S insisting it's not a defeat or a Saigon because "we got bin Laden". 1. f**k off with that bullshit, the U.S lost and not only does Vietnam come to mind but the Crimean War comes to mind as an example of how pointless and wasteful the war ultimately was too. 2. The U.S really wants to tell people that over 200,000 lives lost over 20 years is an acceptable trade for 1 man?

Well that's a lot finally off my chest.

It was always going to end that way.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The Taliban could always wait us out.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 15, 2021, 05:43:26 PM
It was always going to end that way.

Well I mean I was 10 in 2001 and a dumb teenager later on so pardon me if I never saw it that way.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 15, 2021, 05:46:54 PM
The Taliban could always wait us out.

There's no way to win over there. And there's honestly nothing to win.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

They have lots of opium.

Huggs

Huggs

Except for that.

I once heard the Taliban used to keep that reigned in.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

And now it's their cash cow.  They're also big into meth these days.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-55048147

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

only Afghanistan can sort it's own shit out...

It's cute that you think that's what will happen.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 15, 2021, 06:30:44 PM
only Afghanistan can sort it's own shit out...

It's cute that you think that's what will happen.

I don't really, but you think any foreign power can?

No.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

No, interventionism won't work, but "sorting their shit out" is not something they're interested in doing so....

Huggs

Huggs

Now we're fighting over Afganistan.

;D

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 15, 2021, 06:51:28 PM
No, interventionism won't work, but "sorting their shit out" is not something they're interested in doing so....

Yea I'm pretty aware the country is a shitshow, the point I'm making is that if there were to ever be change it can only come from within, never from outside.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed