In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,512 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jul 20, 2020, 01:00:10 PM
I thought Georgia's covid response was bad but damn what is going on in Florida?

I'm not sure. What's frustrating to me is per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, all states have to report all deaths that tested positive for COVID-19 as a COVID-19 fatality. So all those asymptomatic people who die of kidney disease? COVID-19 death. Heart Attack? COVID-19 death. Car accident? COVID-19 death. I just wish this data was better defined, because important policy decisions are being made against these numbers. I just think we need clearest information not just in Florida but every state do we can interpret and make the best decisions to keep the wellness of the public safe, feel safe and be properly informed.

SiL

SiL

The closest I can find for that is they wanted states to list probable deaths from COVID-19 - not as confirmed cases, but specifically as ones where there was uncertainty but COVID-19 may have been a factor - so they could get more accurate reporting information.

The ICD code for coronavirus deaths specifically says it should only be listed as cause of death if it was known or strongly suspected to be the cause of death, not just for shits and giggles.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Jul 20, 2020, 09:22:23 PM
The closest I can find for that is they wanted states to list probable deaths from COVID-19 - not as confirmed cases, but specifically as ones where there was uncertainty but COVID-19 may have been a factor - so they could get more accurate reporting information.

The ICD code for coronavirus deaths specifically says it should only be listed as cause of death if it was known or strongly suspected to be the cause of death, not just for shits and giggles.

SiL, yes, it's questioned on the reporting questionnaire, yes, gathered data to be compiled and analyzed, yes, but it's still being reported as a COVID19 positive death now because conclusions are ambiguous, with its data to be investigated and disected at a later date

SiL

SiL

Except the problem the CDC is was having with data is states WEREN'T reporting probable cases, only confirmed cases, which was affecting their data.

Not that it matters now they've been removed from handling the COVID-19 data.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SiL on Jul 20, 2020, 09:50:38 PM
Not that it matters now they've been removed from handling the CHICKS-19 data.

CHICKS-19?

Local Trouble

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Except the problem the CDC is was having with data is states WEREN'T reporting probable cases, only confirmed cases, which was affecting their data.

Some can say they were reporting improbable cases too:

• DeSantis also wants the Department of Health to identify COVID-19 fatalities that may have been wrongly identified.

An Orange County man died in a motorcycle accident, but health officials listed him as a COVID-19 death. DeSantis said that frustrated family members whose loved ones succumbed to complications from COVID-19 who now face questions about the validity of the state's official COVID-19 death toll.

Per requirements from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, state departments of health report all deaths among people who have the virus as a COVID-19 fatality.

"I think CDC was like, well, instead of us parsing this and trying to figure out, why not just include it and maybe go back and parse it later," DeSantis said. "So I understand why they did it, but I think sometimes people see that and they get a little bit frustrated and they wonder, OK, come on, that's not really what should be there."
    https://floridapolitics.com/archives/350571-ron-desantis-raises-concerns-about-impossible-covid-19-positives

Though when we both get down to the brass tax, we both want the same thing, reliable data our leaders can make informed decisions against for the public good.  :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 20, 2020, 10:27:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDxtWMmW490

Any video title starting with "Drippy Sweaty" probably belongs in the politics thread versus 'In the News', Local.   :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 20, 2020, 09:54:12 PM
Not that it matters now they've been removed from handling the CHICKS-19 data.

CHICKS-19?
Spring break baby.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

So, are any of us cool with what's going on in Oregon?  Or does this not belong here because it's political?

QuoteState and local authorities, who did not ask for federal help, are awaiting a ruling in a federal lawsuit filed late last week by state Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum. She said in court papers that masked federal officers have arrested people off the street, far from the courthouse, with no probable cause — and whisked them away in unmarked cars.

https://apnews.com/597b63c1ddf52ef57a5eccfaa67b8a94

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 14, 2020, 05:58:44 PM
A good start would be to stop ridiculing people for wearing masks and social distancing.  That might help.

But maybe that's a uniquely American phenomenon.

No, no - it's not.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 21, 2020, 02:19:03 AM
So, are any of us cool with what's going on in Oregon?  Or does this not belong here because it's political?

QuoteState and local authorities, who did not ask for federal help, are awaiting a ruling in a federal lawsuit filed late last week by state Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum. She said in court papers that masked federal officers have arrested people off the street, far from the courthouse, with no probable cause — and whisked them away in unmarked cars.

It's news and it's political and it's entirely expected.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Did you just say that?   :P  Your first post was an ideological opinion based YouTube video equivalent to a Sean Hannity or Rachel Maddow. Your second post was a news article and definitely belongs here!

kwisatz

kwisatz

Spoiler

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed