In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,621 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

A good start would be to stop ridiculing people for wearing masks and social distancing.  That might help.

But maybe that's a uniquely American phenomenon.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 14, 2020, 05:58:44 PM
A good start would be to stop ridiculing people for wearing masks and social distancing.  That might help.

Well, that doesn't happen here. Everyone are using mask or some kind of protection. Also it's an obligation use it in every place

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 14, 2020, 05:58:44 PM

Brazil too.

Quote from: aliens13 on Jul 14, 2020, 05:55:16 PM
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jul 14, 2020, 05:43:10 PM
Florida is really high, but if we shut down again many of our businesses will be unrecoverable.
That's a big problem that also happens here and I believe in all places. Is that the people need to work, the government shutdown everything but the taxes still happening every month. How they expect the people paids all? There are some people that it can, but the most of the people it can't.

Some places have offered tax relief while businesses are closed.  The US largely seems to be a basket case though due to a lack of leadership and a lot of people who put their own "freedom" ahead of other peoples lives.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: SM on Jul 14, 2020, 09:56:23 PM
Quote from: aliens13 on Jul 14, 2020, 05:55:16 PM
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jul 14, 2020, 05:43:10 PM
Florida is really high, but if we shut down again many of our businesses will be unrecoverable.
That's a big problem that also happens here and I believe in all places. Is that the people need to work, the government shutdown everything but the taxes still happening every month. How they expect the people paids all? There are some people that it can, but the most of the people it can't.

Some places have offered tax relief while businesses are closed.  The US largely seems to be a basket case though due to a lack of leadership and a lot of people who put their own "freedom" ahead of other peoples lives.

Part of it is many of the states being historically anti-big government, which is entrenched in history going back to our civil war.  A lot of states are just not on board with accepting anything from the federal government in exchange for making concessions in other areas.  It can get really messy.  I can't count how many times the fed has offered the states that I've lived in money to build passenger rails, for those states to turn them down!

Then you have states where the mayors are at odds with the governor (like in mine); so if the governor passes something, the mayors of these big cities won't enforce them.  Thankfully my community hasn't been hit that hard throughout this whole thing, but it's pretty rural out here...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

SM

SM

The first thing I thought was "Is he talking about those few people that had ebola?"

He really is thick as pig shit.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Even his ridiculous comb over looks more disheveled than usual.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Maybe he stopped combing right in the middle!?

Get well soon, Local!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm okay now, but last week I felt like I drank the Water of Life.

This next news story has relevance to both SM and Kimarhi in it:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/akzjee/cops-raid-melbourne-party-during-lockdown-after-guests-put-in-a-20-meal-order-with-kfc

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

SM busted at a party in Melbourne after ordering chicken from Kimarhi's state?

SM

SM

Nah I haven't got 20 mates.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

But you are aware that the colonel puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly, right?

SM

SM

I do - but it's a secret.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Nobody:

Me, trying to ignore the hellhole of my own country:

Lithuania may impose sanctions against Belarus - 1 day ago

QuoteThe government of Lithuania will discuss the possibility to introduce representatives of the Belarusian authorities to the blacklist for their role in repressions against the opposition and the media.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I thought Georgia's covid response was bad but damn what is going on in Florida?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed