In The News (Read 1,414,432 times)

Wlvscrclwlvs

Wlvscrclwlvs

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 26, 2020, 11:08:37 PM
We will see if corona can survive the heat like the flu cant

Haha Australia not hot enough for you 😂

Kradan

Kradan

Boards are finally closed here. I'm not jealous of people who happened to work or study abroad

First case of coronavirus in my region was reported yesterday. Now I'm f**king scared

Shinawi

Shinawi

There's an uprising in a Chinese city:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

My Korean is a little rusty Shinawi.  :)  What is the gist of it?

Shinawi

Shinawi

People in Hubei Province are upset at the police discriminating against them. And they don't trust their government. People in Hubei Province, (especially in Wuhan) had been living in fear during a long lockdown.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Thanks for the synopsis. It must be so, so rough to live there. I really feel for the Chinese people.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Teen Who Died of Covid-19 Was Denied Treatment Because He Didn't Have Health Insurance

Quote"He didn't have insurance, so they did not treat him," Parris said in a video posted to YouTube. The staff at the urgent care facility told the teen to try the emergency room at Antelope Valley (AV) Hospital, a public hospital in the area, according to the mayor.

"En route to AV Hospital, he went into cardiac arrest, when he got to AV hospital they were able to revive him and keep him alive for about six hours," Parris said. "But by the time he got there, it was too late."

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 27, 2020, 05:31:36 PM
Teen Who Died of Covid-19 Was Denied Treatment Because He Didn't Have Health Insurance

Quote"He didn't have insurance, so they did not treat him," Parris said in a video posted to YouTube. The staff at the urgent care facility told the teen to try the emergency room at Antelope Valley (AV) Hospital, a public hospital in the area, according to the mayor.

"En route to AV Hospital, he went into cardiac arrest, when he got to AV hospital they were able to revive him and keep him alive for about six hours," Parris said. "But by the time he got there, it was too late."

First, this poor child, this poor family. This is horrible and makes me terribly sad. All of this f*cking sucks.

Now trying to look at this with a calm head, without jumping to conclusions on limited information and making it politically charged, isn't an urgent care just a clinic, and like a doctors office, doesn't admit patients to beds but can do limited treatment like administer vaccines, treat colds and flus, maybe a few stitches? We're talking urgent care clinics, where many are not equipped to treat covid-19?  I.E. Wouldn't someone so severe, who needs to get on a respirator and be admitted to a room and be treated, wouldn't they be directed to go to a hospital anyway by a doctor's office or urgent care if they had insurance or not, in a place where insurance doesn't stop you from getting treatment?

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 27, 2020, 07:13:25 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 27, 2020, 05:31:36 PM

First, this poor child, this poor family. This is horrible and makes me terribly sad. All of this f*cking sucks.

Now trying to look at this with a calm head, without jumping to conclusions on limited information and making it politically charged, isn't an urgent care just a clinic, and like a doctors office, doesn't admit patients to beds but can do limited treatment like administer vaccines, treat colds and flus, maybe a few stitches? We're talking urgent care clinics, where many are not equipped to treat covid-19?  I.E. Wouldn't someone so severe, who needs to get on a respirator and be admitted to a room and be treated, wouldn't they be directed to go to a hospital anyway by a doctor's office or urgent care if they had insurance or not, in a place where insurance doesn't stop you from getting treatment?
Very sad. :(

You are correct.  They are limited on what they can do and treat.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Very sad news indeed  :(

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

So here in the UK, our Prime Minister has got it...and his main health minister too...as well as his top medical official now it seems...

Keep washing those hands everyone!  And stop touching your nostrils and rubbing your eyes after touching any outside surfaces.  And keep your distance from others when you HAVE to go out.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I.E. Wouldn't someone so severe, who needs to get on a respirator and be admitted to a room and be treated, wouldn't they be directed to go to a hospital anyway by a doctor's office or urgent care if they had insurance or not, in a place where insurance doesn't stop you from getting treatment?

No, if they were severe a free ambulance would transport them to the hospital, bypassing traffic where possible to speed up the transit and administering temporary aid on the way.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That would be downright un-American.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 27, 2020, 10:21:34 PM
I.E. Wouldn't someone so severe, who needs to get on a respirator and be admitted to a room and be treated, wouldn't they be directed to go to a hospital anyway by a doctor's office or urgent care if they had insurance or not, in a place where insurance doesn't stop you from getting treatment?

No, if they were severe a free ambulance would transport them to the hospital, bypassing traffic where possible to speed up the transit and administering temporary aid on the way.

Except ambulances don't require health insurance. One could have been called at anytime, even to pick the uninsured child up at home. This goes against the grain for some people, but let's just wait for the actual details to come out before we try to pigeonhole what happened shaped by our political leanings.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 27, 2020, 11:46:52 PMExcept ambulances don't require health insurance.

True.  They'll just send the entire bill directly to you after the fact.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed