SM

"globalism"

oh dear...

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: SM on Mar 16, 2020, 02:53:38 AM
"globalism"

oh dear...
I see through your lies King George you wicked wicked devil.

Huggs

Huggs

We do have a problem with relying on China for medications and medical supplies.

What we're dealing with isn't good, but damned if it isn't exposing a ton of flaws we need to fix, and it's going to make us better prepared for the next one. We're all going to learn a lot before it's over.

SiL

SiL

Agreed there. Over-reliance on outsourcing manufacturing to one place created a single point of failure that was doomed to fail eventually. This has just made the impact immediately obvious.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 16, 2020, 05:40:35 AM
Seriously anyone who says "good" to it is a moron.

Lel this.

Theres nothing good about a president who tries to get some sort of high ground via exclusive access to a life saving technology in an ongoing situation.

Thats just plain fascistic.

Wlvscrclwlvs

Wlvscrclwlvs

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Mar 16, 2020, 02:41:33 AM
Quote from: kwisatz on Mar 16, 2020, 12:15:25 AM
Did Trump really try to buy a german pharmaceutical company to develop a vaccine exclusively for the American market?

Human garbage --

Sorry

Spoiler
not
[close]

Good. Put the American people first. Hopefully this Coronavirus will put an end to globalism.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic haha

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Mar 15, 2020, 11:03:18 PMIt's pretty baffling that someone with access to all the information they could ever want would seriously ask 'what's all the fuss?'

I get why people would be scared.

I don't get why people are so scared by this when there are far more deadly things killing people every day and no one gives a shit. It's hypocrisy.

SiL

SiL

What every day mass killer is comparable to a new, unknown infectious disease ripping through countries across the world leaving thousands dead in its wake, with the only real preventive measure available to anyone to stay at home and avoid people?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Literally everyone dying is either elderly or already had health problems. If I was in either of those groups, I'd be scared... but then I'd also be scared of regular flu, because hundreds of thousands of elderly and infirm people die from that annually. The vast majority of people going out panic buying aren't in those groups.

By all accounts, China's already getting back on its feet. Big retailers here in the UK have said today their supply lines are already open again.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 16, 2020, 08:42:48 AM
Quote from: SM on Mar 15, 2020, 11:03:18 PMIt's pretty baffling that someone with access to all the information they could ever want would seriously ask 'what's all the fuss?'

I get why people would be scared.

I don't get why people are so scared by this when there are far more deadly things killing people every day and no one gives a shit. It's hypocrisy.

Because the mass-media has been covering coronavirus and not the flu. Most people are like sheep and they have herd-mentality.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 16, 2020, 09:46:23 AM
Literally everyone dying is either elderly or already had health problems.
You're literally wrong. At least 26 healthy individuals under the age of 40 have died so far, as of March 11. Significant increases of people under 60 needing hospitalisation are also being reported. Young and or healthy people who aren't getting hospitalised are usually spreading it to other people who may be at-risk.

"I'm young so I'll be fine so why are people worrying" is a selfish and myopic stance that really needs to stop.

QuoteI'd also be scared of regular flu, because hundreds of thousands of elderly and infirm people die from that annually.
Healthy young people also die of it. But that's a known disease, with vaccinations available, and an incredibly low mortality rate. It's less than one percent. Thousands of people die of the flu because tens of millions get infected. If COVID-19 hit those same numbers of infected, the death toll would be significantly higher. Even in healthy young people.

QuoteThe vast majority of people going out panic buying aren't in those groups.
Many of them are trying to prepare to self-isolate to not be a problem to others. Or because they fear isolation or quarantine will be mandatory.

QuoteBy all accounts, China's already getting back on its feet.
After tens of thousands of people died and they literally started welding people's doors shut to stop them going outside. Let's not make it sound like they all just carried on as usual.

So you still didn't answer my question --

QuoteWhat every day mass killer is comparable to a new, unknown infectious disease ripping through countries across the world leaving thousands dead in its wake, with the only real preventive measure available to anyone to stay at home and avoid people?

razeak

razeak

It isn't ebola, and it isn't harmless. I don't think the need for panic is there, but it's clearly capable of killing people that aren't older.

Something else to consider is if you are younger, make sure you stay away from your older parents, grandparents etc. so you don't give it to them.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 16, 2020, 05:45:06 AMWhat we're dealing with isn't good, but damned if it isn't exposing a ton of flaws we need to fix, and it's going to make us better prepared for the next one. We're all going to learn a lot before it's over.

Hopefully for the sake of all my American friends, any future White House administration will learn not to get rid of the US Pandemic Response Team in the same way this one dismissively did.

Nearer to home, my own bullshitter-in-chief (Prime Minister Boris Johnson) has managed to mishandle things over the last weeks too, despite us being lucky enough to have a longer window of opportunity to prepare better than some other countries.

So don't be fooled if you hear him starting to talk about the 'blitz spirit' or the 'bulldog spirit' getting us through the next few months, as his bungling has already caused widespread panic buying here, even before things start to REALLY get bad with job closures etc. 

Due to all the selfish, panicky shoppers at my local stores, I'm now down to my last bit of bogroll over here!  :laugh:

razeak

razeak

Here is a well done set of data and graphs.

https://www.domo.com/coronavirus-tracking

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Captain Janek tests positive for COVID-19:

QuoteThis morning I tested positive for Covid 19. I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus.  Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I'm doing 👊🏾👊🏾 No panic.

https://twitter.com/idriselba/status/1239617034901524481

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed