In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,402 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Officials really need to implement a degree of common sense when it comes to this kind of thing. Disappoints me sometimes.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

From the sound of the article, most appeals are granted. Still when does being able to walk 20 meters mean mobility? Even 50M isn't that far, especially if you don't have a car.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

What if the guy lives 100m from the shops? Total BS.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

They want to save money, but ending up looking like t**ts while doing so

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 20, 2017, 08:08:30 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2017/07/20/o-j-simpson-parole-decision-delayed-until-january/493080001/

One of the commissioners said "You look great for 90!" 😂

I thought he was granted Parole?

Damn. Chester Bennington Commited Suicide at the age of 41 :'(

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

He was, the article link was apparently mis-titled :P

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 21, 2017, 11:12:09 AM
He was, the article link was apparently mis-titled :P

Lol typical

oduodu

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Acting Legend Sam Shepard has passed away.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Predaker

Predaker

US gov't official website for job listings has posted a new position at NASA to protect earth from aliens (PPO or planetary protection officer.) They're offering a three year contract with option for two more years afterwards and a six figure salary.

http://www.newsweek.com/nasa-hiring-planetary-protection-officer-save-earth-aliens-645254

During this time, NASA will be planning several missions, including one to Jupiter's icy moon Europa, where it will search for signs of alien life.
"The Planetary Protection Officer (PPO) is responsible for the leadership of NASA's planetary protection capability, maintenance of planetary protection policies, and oversight of their implementation by NASA's space flight missions," the job spec says. The successful candidate will have to work with several different branches of NASA and external organizations that are involved in planetary protection.

According to the job listing, the main responsibilities are:

Leads planning and coordination of activities related to NASA mission planetary protection needs. Leads independent evaluation of, and provides advice regarding, compliance by robotic and human spaceflight missions with NASA planetary protection policies, statutory requirements and international obligations.

Advises the Chief, SMA and other officials regarding the merit and implications of programmatic decisions involving risks to planetary protection objectives.

In coordination with relevant offices, leads interactions with COSPAR, National Academies, and advisory committees on planetary protection matters.

Recommends and leads the preparation of new or revised NASA standards and directives in accordance with established processes and guidelines.

SM

SM

That was nearly a week ago.  It was big news here.  Has it not been elsewhere?  I saw stuff online about Trump whining about the media being mean to him but making no mention of 10 dead sailors.

Topazora

Topazora

I've not heard anything about Trump making or no making mention of the USS John McCain.  But I care mostly about the fact this was the second ship in the 7th Fleet that collided with a merchant ship, the other being USS Fitzgerald.  I serve on the USS Ronald Reagan, we're also 7th Fleet.  I hadn't known any of the sailors personally, but I have friends who did know them.  We also losing an Admiral, whose being forced to retire, because this happened under him, so we're going to have a change in command this week and we're supposed to pull out soon.
However, we are gaining the USS Mustin, for which, I do personally know someone on that one.  So, if anything happened to the USS Mustin, I'll loose my shit.
I know I'm a little late posting this news, I haven't been active online lately.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed