In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,432 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Did you even read the image? Others commit such crimes but its much less, so not as relevant.

SiL

SiL

... he made a post bitching about "cash me ousside" girl, but a guy who follows his line of thinking shooting several people he considers inherently degenerate and uncivilized to death "isn't relevant"?

How f**ked up are your priorities, dude? ???

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SiL on Mar 06, 2017, 12:24:42 PM
... he made a post bitching about "cash me ousside" girl,

What does that girl got to do with what I said?

So Hubbs didn't talked about the shooting in Canada done by a... was it a christian? So what?

He also doesn't mention every single terrorist attack on Europe done by muslims. If you are so interested in his opinion on that specific event you could just PM him.

Quote from: SiL on Mar 06, 2017, 12:24:42 PM
but a guy who follows his line of thinking shooting several people he considers inherently degenerate and uncivilized to death "isn't relevant"?

His line of thinking... you mean people that hate leftist politics? Anti-PC/SJWs? Anti-massive muslim immigration? Don't be a bigot bro. Its group of peace.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 06, 2017, 11:55:38 AMDid you even read the image? Others commit such crimes but its much less, so not as relevant.

I'd advise you against using the term "less relevant" when discussing the murder of innocent people simply because the perpetrator wasn't brown.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 06, 2017, 02:48:14 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 06, 2017, 11:55:38 AMDid you even read the image? Others commit such crimes but its much less, so not as relevant.

I'd advise you against using the term "less relevant" when discussing the murder of innocent people simply because the perpetrator wasn't brown.

When did I said anything about the the color of the perpetrator ? Stop projecting.  Its about numbers of terrorists attacks.

I was talking about christian terrorists x muslims terrorists.

Religion. Not race. And yeah muslims do that much more than christians. Deal with it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

However you were quantifying it, the idea the deaths of those people were somehow less relevant is disgusting. Innocent people still died.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 06, 2017, 03:30:01 PM
However you were quantifying it, the idea the deaths of those people were somehow less relevant is disgusting. Innocent people still died.

Your entitled to your feelings, but they don't really invalidate what was said.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I was not talking about their lives, but the kind of terrorism.

Radical islamic terrorism is more relevant than christians's because it happens more, it needs more attention.

A moviment that kills hundreds x one that kills dozens, which one is a bigger threat to society? Its not that some lives matter more than others.

Hubbs

Hubbs

K...so that went in an odd direction  ;D

@Sil:

I wasn't bitchin' about that girl, I was merely pointing out the hilarious fact of how real life seems to be imitating an episode of The Simpsons  ;D  Plus how outrageous the entire story is.

As for this shooting in Canada, honesty I hadn't even heard about it until you mentioned it on here.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 06, 2017, 03:35:42 PM

Radical islamic terrorism is more relevant than christians's because it happens more, it needs more attention.

A moviment that kills hundreds x one that kills dozens, which one is a bigger threat to society? Its not that some lives matter more than others.

There's also the factor of whether the attack is a direct product of an ideology or more of an aberration. Both Religions do advocate attacking non-believers, but I would say that Islam is far more likely to produce terror attacks, and culturally, they're not even in the same league. Christian America doesn't really drive a large amount of it's flock to kill people.

Any terrorist attack is worth talking about, and it's important to understand why attacks happen, and that's specifically why Islamic terrorism is more relevant. That's not saying victims of other attacks don't matter. That's just a bizarre emotional lurch, in my eyes.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 06, 2017, 03:57:38 PM

There's also the factor of whether the attack is a direct product of an ideology or more of an aberration. Both Religions do advocate attacking non-believers, but I would say that Islam is far more likely to produce terror attacks, and culturally, they're not even in the same league. Christian America doesn't really drive a large amount of it's flock to kill people.

Any terrorist attack is worth talking about, and it's important to understand why attacks happen, and that's specifically why Islamic terrorism is more relevant. That's not saying victims of other attacks don't matter. That's just a bizarre emotional lurch, in my eyes.

Did Jesus ever said anything about attacking non-believers in the Bible? He seemed like a peaceful hippie for the most part.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 06, 2017, 04:07:41 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Mar 06, 2017, 03:57:38 PM

Did Jesus ever said anything about attacking non-believers in Bible? He seemed like a peaceful hippie for the most part.

That's the thing. It does, but the Islamic Religion just produces more violence. I'm not really a scholar, so I won't pretend to have informed opinions on why one results in a large amount of terrorism and one doesn't. If I had to hazard a tentative line of reasoning, I'd say current Christian doctrine is lot more hodgepodge in what it teaches, and so leads to a lot of small instances of toothless bigotry based on the reader's interpretation. Then again, it could just be something to do with the cultures involved and how they congeal as a Religious community. America isn't a Theocracy, for instance, whereas Islamic countries are. That could make all the difference.

That's all I think I can safely speculate without talking out of my ass. The fact of the matter remains that Islam produces a disproportionate amount of terrorism, and we need to know why. To put personal feelings above that understanding is just selfish and childish.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 06, 2017, 04:25:43 PM
That's all I think I can safely speculate without talking out of my ass. The fact of the matter remains that Islam produces a disproportionate amount of terrorism, and we need to know why. To put personal feelings above that understanding is just selfish and childish.

I would say its mainly because of the differences between Jesus' teachings and Muhammad's. The main role models of each religion.

I really don't remember Jesus himself promoting much violence, holy war, he never killed anyone, he preached against violence and told his followers to forgive "sinners". Forgive, not punish. There are many bad things said in both the old and the new testament, but not lines from Jesus himself, like... despite the Church crusade against gays, Jesus never said anything about gays, thats only in the old testament. Jesus didnt seem like he wanted to force others in his fanclub.

Muhammad on other hand used jihad and war as the center of his religion, he waged wars, killed others, married a 6 years old girl and told his followers to keep up that job and implant sharia law everywhere. Jesus was great next to this guy.

I have seen people compare christians and the kkk to muslims and isis. But Jesus never said anything about the stuff that the kkk preaches about while isis is doing exactly what Muhammad wanted.

If you have time and want some humor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pm06CC9-Io&t=1442s

Here many lines from Muhammad are shown.

Sabby

Sabby

If we're comparing the ethics of Jesus and Muhammad as characters, then yeah, you have a point. Jesus was just a little two-faced, as you'd expect from something cobbled together, repackaged and mistranslated through several ages and multiple cultures and then adopted half-heartedly by a multicultural nation. There's horrid shit in there, for sure, but so many factors just unravel it into parts that get adopted at each individual's needs.

But if we're talking core message of the books, then I'm really not informed enough to say much. I know the general consensus I get when I look into it is that the Quran is pushier with violence and condemnation, but could that just be for the inverse reason that the Bible is so fickle and toothless, while essentially preaching similar concepts? Maybe the way Muslim society latched onto it and adhered to it allowed the foul shit in there to congeal into something, rather than dissolve like it did for Christians.

Now that I think about it, there's a Nature vs Nurture argument to be had here somewhere.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/05/us/brooklyn-jewish-cemetery-tombstones-overturned/index.html?sr=twCNN030617brooklyn-jewish-cemetery-tombstones-overturned0512PMVODtopLink&linkId=35167561

So that's another smoking gun story about America's impending descent in Nazism coming up bullshit. Oh well, at least this one was just a plain old misunderstanding, and not a fake, like the Jewish bomb threats that happened recently.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Robert Osborne passed away. :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed