In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,405 times)

broughtpain

broughtpain

Hubbs

Hubbs

Modern day society, completely desensitised to extreme violence. Everyone on their phones filming everything, and doing nothing, yet they can all whine about stuff real good when they want to. As for the attacker, why am I not surprised.

http://www.fox29.com/news/140390031-story

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 12, 2016, 12:41:32 PMNot the maglev but a "tunnel airmass flow" system. Right now the largest problem with fast trains is the noise, especially when exiting tunnels. The concept of a "tube" could theoretically fix that major hurdle towards greater speeds. However research done into the theory only resulted in more and more hurdles to jump over. This current American try is heading for the same conclusion.

Ah I see, I thought you were getting at the maglev test in particular. Yeah, fair enough, the idea of building a vacuum tube and maintaining integrity for an extended period of time is pretty idealistic. They tried vaguely similar stuff with pneumatically-powered railways in the UK in Victoria times, which were great... until rats ate all the seals and they stopped working.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2016/05/16/shark-attack-arm-attach-pkg.wpec

oh wow somebody is sure having a Milburn kind of day. :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

You should never go full Milburn.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Could you imagine being the Doctor to get that one. Just walking into the room like...  ???

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Are you suggesting that the best course of action would've been to have taken her to a Sushi Chef instead?  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'd ask to keep the shark. :laugh:

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2016, 09:48:32 AM
Could you imagine being the Doctor to get that one. Just walking into the room like...  ???

I feel like that's something that happens every other day over there

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on May 17, 2016, 05:59:16 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2016, 09:48:32 AM

I feel like that's something that happens every other day over there
Probably does. I do remember once when a Japanese tourist was pulled out of the water with a morey eel up to her elbow.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed