In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,266 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

That's bureaucracy. We get the same shit in the states. However most of the time in cases such as this the ticket is dismissed.

Gate

Gate

So scratch victory #6 out of the last 7 states up for Bernie Sanders.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/hillary-clinton-has-had-enough-of-bernie-sanders-221495

Both the GOP and the Democratic party are going into an indecisive convention.

broughtpain

broughtpain

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Gate on Apr 06, 2016, 04:56:22 PM
So scratch victory #6 out of the last 7 states up for Bernie Sanders.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/hillary-clinton-has-had-enough-of-bernie-sanders-221495

Both the GOP and the Democratic party are going into an indecisive convention.

I find it all very odd with the GOP. Lets be honest here, their best chance to get in the White House is with Trump, no question about it. Cruz won't beat anyone in the national, Trump probably won't either, but he has a way way better chance than Cruz ever will, Cruz is a wasted vote. Its crazy that the GOP are totally sabotaging Trump when he's clearly so strong, they should be working with him to try and make him more realistic and less controversial. I've read this before and I'll say it here, had the GOP actually put in half as much effort into supporting Trump as they have done in trying to stop him, they'd probably be in a much stronger position right now.

As for the Democrats, I still think Clinton will win, I really can't see Sanders clawing that gap back. He has had a good streak but it was totally expected, most have been western States, no brainers. But the main thing, even though he has won the last 6 or whatever, the gap still remains because Clinton obviously keeps picking up delegates too. Sure its gotten a bit smaller, but look at the last one in Wisconsin. Sanders won and got 48 delegates, Clinton lost but still got 38, so basically she's still picking up a decent amount of delegates, almost as many as Sanders in this case.

I read in the NY Times or The Guardian, can't recall which, that Sanders must win all the States of NY, CA, NJ and PA with 60%, almost a clean sweep in every one. Now I can see Sanders winning more sure, but I doubt this will happen. Even if Sanders wins every remaining State, but if they are tight, Clinton will still pick up a decent amount of delegates in every State and the gap will remain about the same, albeit get a bit smaller again. In order for Sanders to win he has to virtually take all the delegates in each State and Clinton would have to pick up virtually zero (like Cruz did to Trump in WI).

NY is the big one, if Clinton loses that (depending how close it is of course), then its wide open. If Clinton wins (depending how close it is) then the gap will just remain the same, or a bit bigger. Personally I think that gap will pretty much remain in place for the rest of the duration, and I think heading back east Clinton will start to win again.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Fury is furious! >:( The fact some other states might follow is even worse. >:(

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/06/mississippis-anti-lgbt-law-defends-christians-from-imaginary-problems

broughtpain

broughtpain

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 07, 2016, 04:14:43 AM

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/06/mississippis-anti-lgbt-law-defends-christians-from-imaginary-problems

You do realize that the headline specifically mentions Christians while Muslims, jews and Rastafarians condemn homosexuality and LGBT lifestyles right? You realize that nothing in that article or the links go so far as to even infer Islam or another religion is even a potential cause right?

Yeah...not so imaginary.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Honesty I don't get this, I understand the issues but surely, discrimination against religious people is just as wrong as discrimination against LGBT folk. Why is it just directed in one way? LGBT have rights, but so do all religious folk of all religions, you can't deny one lot of people their beliefs whilst supporting another, gotta be a compromise.

SiL

SiL

It's not discriminating against religious people to say "Treat LGBT people like human beings".

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: SiL on Apr 07, 2016, 06:13:06 AM
It's not discriminating against religious people to say "Treat LGBT people like human beings".

Well obviously, but that goes for anyone of any background towards anyone else.

It is odd how they just focus on Christians though, why aren't they mentioning any other religions like Broughtpain said. There are many people of different backgrounds this will relate to. I guess Christians are the largest group in this State?

SiL

SiL

Pretty much -- and they're the ones actively protesting it.

Hubbs

Hubbs

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 07, 2016, 06:07:39 AM

Honesty I don't get this, I understand the issues but surely, discrimination against religious people is just as wrong as discrimination against LGBT folk. Why is it just directed in one way? LGBT have rights, but so do all religious folk of all religions, you can't deny one lot of people their beliefs whilst supporting another, gotta be a compromise.
It's because the church DOES NOT PAY TAXES and by US law that means they are not allowed to discriminate, at all. For instance, the boy scouts were completely able to refuse homosexuals through the right of free association because they paid their taxes. However eventually they have come to the realization that gay people are not any different from any one else. If the church wants to be dicks then they should pay their taxes. OF COURSE the church still openly demonizes gays and finances campaign after campaign against all things LGBT. Actually forget the tax issue, it's a wholesale one way vendetta here. It is the religious community that's persecuting people for no honest reason. I mean honestly why preach this love shit and then shit all over somebody.

Whiskeybrewer

broughtpain

broughtpain

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 07, 2016, 12:59:36 PM
Quote from: broughtpain on Apr 06, 2016, 05:58:54 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 06, 2016, 11:20:27 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/driver-fined-after-council-paints-disabled-bay-around-his-car/ar-BBrprrx?li=BBoPOOl&ocid=mailsignout

I couldnt help laughing at this

Who was disabled?

The guy who got ticketed's, Neighbours dead husband.

..."thoroughly disabled".

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 07, 2016, 06:07:39 AM

People refuse to accept that the United States was founded on far-right principles of inalienable rights, freedom and equality through restrictions on government and the people being the sovereign. The whole argument of LGBT people having equal rights and being treated equally involves one fundamental direction that has become both the cause and the effect: legislation tailored to a specific belief of a group. Now, everybody wants their own special slice of pie.

...you can find videos showing other religious groups protesting the LGBT agenda. It's extremely naive to think it's only Christians. The prejudice against Christians is surreal.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 07, 2016, 10:09:06 AM
Bad timing for Sanders.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/05/politics/bernie-sanders-sandy-hook-guns/index.html

If I bake you a pie and you lace it with anthrax, does that mean I need to be sued for producing the pie that killed someone?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed