In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,413 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Man I see Telsa's everywhere where I live. Always running into that guy who's only claim to fame is owning the rights to Tetris... henk rodgers or something. It used to be just him with the damn thing. Now 1 out of 100 people have one. Yea a totally useless factoid.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/31/living/white-dreadlocks-cultural-appropriation-feat/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool&iref=obnetwork

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 04, 2016, 03:43:43 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Apr 04, 2016, 02:54:19 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 04, 2016, 10:48:36 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/teacher-calls-12-year-old-muslim-pupil-a-terrorist-as-he-laughs-watching-bend-it-like-beckham/ar-BBriIJG?li=BBoPOOl&ocid=mailsignout

I do hope the teacher gets fired. Its a bullshit excuse and everyone knows it

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/kesha-says-she-was-offered-freedom-if-she-apologized-for-rape-allegations/ar-BBriGCP?li=BBoPJKU&ocid=mailsignout

If this is true, its pretty shocking for a Record Company to do that.
Hope the classmates understand.

The kids were taking the piss out of him as well, which shows that the youth dont really give a damn lol
Man is the south of US that rascit if that happened here the teacher most likely get gunned down(not literary ;D)

Hubbs

Hubbs

I agree what the teacher said was inappropriate and stupid (although it sounds more like a joke or sarcasm to me, not intentionally malicious), should she lose her job? no, that is unnecessary I think. Although the fact the parents and others have jumped so quickly on that particular bandwagon makes me suspicious, especially with the demanding of religious sensitivity classes too.

SiL

SiL

Why the f**k would it make you suspicious? You don't call one of your kids a terrorist. That's a shitty f**king thing for a teacher to do and absolutely ground for dismissal.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm sure he'll just chalk it up to an over sensitive PC culture.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I wouldn't fire the teacher. There be an investigation of the intent and harm first. Then it would be decided the administrative discipline needed. If any extra education is needed and an apology is warranted. I know it's easy to snap at stupid things people say but I never liked just firing someone unless it was truly for just cause. Nor do I like the litigation atmosphere we exist in. Education above lawyers and witch hunts.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 05, 2016, 02:31:41 AMI agree what the teacher said was inappropriate and stupid (although it sounds more like a joke or sarcasm to me, not intentionally malicious)

Oh, that's OK then.

Your dad's a pedo rapist, by the way. Joke.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 05, 2016, 07:29:23 AM
I know it's easy to snap at stupid things people say but I never liked just firing someone unless it was truly for just cause. Nor do I like the litigation atmosphere we exist in. Education above lawyers and witch hunts.
For a teacher this is just cause. They're held to certain standards and this one f**ked up, majorly. They can do their sensitivity training in their own time and reapply for a job later. It sucks for them, but that's what happens.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: SiL on Apr 05, 2016, 08:22:47 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 05, 2016, 07:29:23 AM
I know it's easy to snap at stupid things people say but I never liked just firing someone unless it was truly for just cause. Nor do I like the litigation atmosphere we exist in. Education above lawyers and witch hunts.
For a teacher this is just cause. They're held to certain standards and this one f**ked up, majorly. They can do their sensitivity training in their own time and reapply for a job later. It sucks for them, but that's what happens.
I don't even like the term "sensitivity training"; so much that I had a hard time trying to figure out what else to call it in the 10 seconds of thought I give it since that is exactly what it is, so yea "extra education". I rather fix both kids and adults. It's too easy to throw adults under the bus when more than half the time it's a cultural thing. Yea, sorry for caring a little too much but that's the thing I hate about both sides. Each chooses what to care about at the expense of the other while just passing the problem onto somebody else.

SiL

SiL

QuoteI rather fix both kids and adults. It's too easy to throw adults under the bus when more than half the time it's a cultural thing.
The adult has taken a job that requires them to meet certain standards of conduct. They have understood this when undergoing the necessary years of training, when undergoing the application process, and when finally signing on to being part of the faculty at the school. If the adult didn't know by this point that telling a child in their care that they, and the child's peers, thought he was a terrorist would be a breach of the standards they were expected to meet, they deserve very little empathy.

As the child of a teacher, I know that it's absolutely reasonable for this person to be fired over this. It's the same as if the teacher had said "Shut up, c**t." Saying "It's in my culture to swear at small children" would not cut it (and I'd really like to hear how a teacher calling a student a terrorist is a cultural thing.)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Agreed. Teachers have to put up with a huge amount of bullshit, but in this case the teacher was simply in the wrong.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 05, 2016, 11:27:58 AM
Teachers have to put up with a huge amount of bullshit
Preach! The volume of people who think teachers work 9-3 on school days and f**k around the rest of the year is as large as it is ignorant. Teachers get a hell of a lot of unfair treatment from people, particularly parents.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed