In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,703 times)

broughtpain

broughtpain

There's parts of the ROE that are politically correct. Like not shooting first, sacrificing OpSec for the observation of local customs and placing an excess of responsibility on soldiers to try and help the 'image' of war.

No reasonable individual would expect a person to shout to someone over 1000 meters away. Unless they were pursuing an agenda with an underlying purpose. That's why I brought up Russia and other countries. At every single turn, Russia has peddled garbage through special interest groups and bought politicians to degrade the image of western countries and western civilization. From the whole "the war in Iraq was illegal" to anti-fracking to feminism to the "imperialism" of the United States; Russia has been meddling in other countries and pushing propaganda against them. Iran(one guess why the "revolution" left Iran in Russia's political sphere) has been pushing A LOT of propaganda for the last decade. They've spread their influence throughout the middle east and even into south and central America( north America if you consider Mexico according to geographical rather than cultural). Without digging into who's behind the allegations, my guess is Russia then Iran.

Everybody should agree that demanding a sniper shout a spoiler from that distance is ludicrous.

That having been said....

"EEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHH POOOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYY"

The whole thing sounds like something from a montey python bit.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: broughtpain on Jan 22, 2016, 07:49:56 PM
There's parts of the ROE that are politically correct. Like not shooting first, sacrificing OpSec for the observation of local customs and placing an excess of responsibility on soldiers to try and help the 'image' of war.

I would only consider that second part to be PC. The first...I don't even know where that could have come from but it certainly can't be related to respect for specific cultures or groups. And the third is PR.

But yes, this is ridiculous.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Do not fire until fired upon may also legally translate into do not fire until exploded upon?

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: broughtpain on Jan 22, 2016, 07:49:56 PM
Russia has peddled garbage through special interest groups and bought politicians to degrade the image of western countries and western civilization.

Yeah, we don't need Russia's help to look bad. History speaks for itself. However, I do agree that it is quite hypocrite and ironic that Russia is the the one pointing fingers when Russia's history is no better than the ours.

QuoteFrom the whole "the war in Iraq was illegal" to anti-fracking to feminism to the "imperialism" of the United States;

So what are you saying, that the Iraq War handled correctly? That Anti-fracking and Feminism is anti-Western BS? That the U.S. is not imperialistic?

QuoteRussia has been meddling in other countries and pushing propaganda against them.

WE (you're American, right?) are just as bad as the Russians when it comes to this. Our track record is horrible.

QuoteIran(one guess why the "revolution" left Iran in Russia's political sphere) has been pushing A LOT of propaganda for the last decade. They've spread their influence throughout the middle east and even into south and central America( north America if you consider Mexico according to geographical rather than cultural).

Again, we're just as bad, especially when it comes to South America and the Middle-East.

broughtpain

broughtpain

1. Russia's history is far worse than that of the United States.
2. I said Russia pushes propaganda through special interest groups. The communist movement that put a chokehold on parts of the black community that began around 1930 was directed by none other than Joseph Stalin(the guy that killed his own people for the establishment of a godless state without property rights). Other special interest groups relative to everything from feminism to environmentalism to lawyers condemned the Iraq war while the SCRs did, in fact, provide the endeavor legally.
3. Our involvement in other countries hasn't historically led to the picture of the president of the United States on billboards and the sides of buildings like in Cuba and Venezuela nor do we push the issue to the point of a letter being read to the masses as happened as though POTUS was addressing subjects in another country as happened with Putin's letter in Egypt not to long ago.
4. Again, we aren't so adamant about domination that we annex territory and invade areas then unilaterally  declare them independent.

When you consider the history of the United States, do you consider it relative to that of other countries in the same time frame or what you consider morally superior by today's standards?
When you take offense to the involvement of the United States in other countries, do you take offense to other countries being involved in other countries for the same reasons and by the same standard?
Do you believe that history should only be recalled for the offense as to demonstrate the current state of affairs?

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: broughtpain on Jan 22, 2016, 09:24:09 PM
1. Russia's history is far worse than that of the United States.

That's because Russia's documented history reaches further back than ours.

Quote2. I said Russia pushes propaganda through special interest groups. The communist movement that put a chokehold on parts of the black community that began around 1930 was directed by none other than Joseph Stalin(the guy that killed his own people for the establishment of a godless state without property rights). Other special interest groups relative to everything from feminism to environmentalism to lawyers condemned the Iraq war while the SCRs did, in fact, provide the endeavor legally.

Still not getting exactly what you're implying. Don't want to put words in your mouth.

Quote3. Our involvement in other countries hasn't historically led to the picture of the president of the United States on billboards and the sides of buildings like in Cuba and Venezuela nor do we push the issue to the point of a letter being read to the masses as happened as though POTUS was addressing subjects in another country as happened with Putin's letter in Egypt not to long ago.

We don't need too. It's all baked into the Western entertainment industry etc., which is worldwide and dominating hard. Cultural imperialism for the win.

Quote4. Again, we aren't so adamant about domination that we annex territory and invade areas then unilaterally declare them independent.

Again, because we don't need to. It's good to be king; the American century continues.

QuoteWhen you consider the history of the United States, do you consider it relative to that of other countries in the same time frame or what you consider morally superior by today's standards?

The former, but without rationalizing the facts of the past or the effect and imprint it has on the present as well as the future. So in a way it's both actually.

QuoteWhen you take offense to the involvement of the United States in other countries, do you take offense to other countries being involved in other countries for the same reasons and by the same standard?

Of course, but it also depends on the state of the countries. You can't expect a war torn undemocratic country ridden with corruption, lawlessness and failing infrastructure to live up to the same standards as an orderly democratic country with all  ducks in a row. I expect more from let's say Japan or Sweden than I do from Somalia or Afghanistan.

QuoteDo you believe that history should only be recalled for the offense as to demonstrate the current state of affairs?

Of course history should be acknowledged and always be kept in mind when it comes to the current state of affairs. History is a bunch of chains leading to where we are now. Actions have consequences. For example, the Middle-East isn't the mess it is simply because of Islam - it's the result of colonialism, imperialism, tribalism, oil, unresolved religious disputes, world wars and the cold war, and as we all know the West played a big part, if not the biggest part, in those events. We pretty much created it but never took or take blame for it. We often talk about the problems in the Middle-East as if they happened on their own conveniently leaving ourselves out of the picture. It's easy to glorify oneself and condemn and distance oneself from others when you feel like you're not a part of their problems whatsoever.

PVTDukeMorrison

oduodu

oduodu

Like I said I hate politics. But in terms if news I thought it relevant:

So here in good old South Africa:

Maize meal price in stores increased by 70 % in one year. This is the staple food of the poorest people. Due to the drought this will further worsen the price. We had good rain over the last couple of days but not nearly enough. Most farmers farm in debt . They have to borrow to buy seed etc to plant, so no yield then they loose everything. Electricity is at a price that if it gets any higher people simply cannot afford it any more killing volume sales. Johannesburg municipality owes Eskom over a billion rand in outstanding debt for electricity. A lot of that is because of people stealing electricity. They do this by bypassing the pre paid electricity meters. They are trying to solve this by installing smart meters but I doubt the roll out is quick enough. Event if the find a way ti curb the stealing most people will then have to budget for electricity meaning less money for food etc. 12% of our budget goes into social grants. Gov wants to start lessening that. Where will people find money to but food from if that starts to happen . (I hear they are taking about doing the same thing in UK). I also just heard that the UK is going to ask all SA people not earning more than R800 000 per year to leave the UK. What will they do when they come back to SA ?? Cosatu is unhappy about gov signing a new tax law that allows you to only get one third of your retirement lump sum. The law is forcing you to invest your money. Probably to prevent people from coming defendant on the state as you will get interest on your investment. Unemployment is higher than ever before.

So a bleak 2016 awaits SA.

Is it the same in the rest of the world ??

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I gave South Africa a quick search and it appears all that they care about is soccer. On the bright side, Poaching in South Africa is down.

oduodu

oduodu

If you can believe the reports. I don't get it - they got satellites that sees everything - why not just use them and track the movements of poachers- they know where a poach happened so just go back to the archives and see what the movement of those poachers was- then so you can see where they operate from and where they give off the ivory and to who.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It's not that easy. Satellite surveillance is unrealistic. It's expensive to send them up and to monitor them in real time. Using satellites in such a manner is the stuff of movies. Drones may be more useful but still they would need to have a sufficient amount of resources to be practical. Next is the problem of too much ground to cover and out right corruption and a lack of understanding about who's land is whose and the law in general. It's usually just a small group at any given time that does most of the poaching. Rarely are they ever caught, least to mention they tend to be heavily armed.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Steven Moffat is leaving his role as Doctor Who Showrunner after Season 10. Which wont be shown on BBC until Spring 2017. Chris Chibnall (Torchwood/Broadchurch) will be taking over as Showrunner for Season 11 in Spring 2018.

There will only be a Christmas Special in 2016.

oduodu

oduodu

Good points . Maybe I watched too much 24 / spy movies and think somewhere there is some super computer and some analyst sitting at a computer analyzing pictures video clips. Like infrared images and then you can perhaps guide your armed forces to that area.

But that's probably wishful thinking

Hubbs

Hubbs

Who would of thought that the voice of reason would come from Mr Ice Cube, kudos.
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ice-cube-oscars-boycott-straight-outta-compton-1201686598/#comment-list-wrapper

Whilst Stacey Dash kills it opening up the entire black double standard issue which many have conveniently ignored for years.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/01/20/stacey-dash-to-oscars-so-white-crowd-if-you-dont-want-segregation-get-rid-of-bet/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed