In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,562 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Speaking of the GOP debate, how was Frank Underwood's cameo?

The PredBen

The PredBen

QuoteIt's War. When you make war, innocent people will die. However it's the choice that one has to make. Accepting the truth doesn't make someone evil.

I'm well aware of that. It was the way Dr. Carson said it that was idiotic. Bombing them is an act of mercy? "You got it!" as his reply when somebody asks him if he was okay with the thousands of deaths that will occur from bombing. I am well aware war is war, and that yes, when you're in it to win it, sometimes innocents have to die. That being said, he couldn't have expressed his views just a little bit better? It wasn't what he was trying to say, but how he said it, that makes me think he isn't all there, brain surgeon or not.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 15, 2015, 11:38:13 PM
Then by all means, keep blaming someone else for your shortcomings and tell me how far it gets you in life.

And again, that simply isn't the truth of it. It easy to see people attain power, status or success simply through connections or blind luck. The amount of people I see failing upwards. For those that genuinely earn it, I'm with you. I believe in a meritocracy but that just isn't how it works and it's unfair and ignorant to say that those who aren't successful is simply because of their own shortcomings.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2015, 08:18:55 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 15, 2015, 11:38:13 PM
Then by all means, keep blaming someone else for your shortcomings and tell me how far it gets you in life.

And again, that simply isn't the truth of it. It easy to see people attain power, status or success simply through connections or blind luck. The amount of people I see failing upwards. For those that genuinely earn it, I'm with you. I believe in a meritocracy but that just isn't how it works and it's unfair and ignorant to say that those who aren't successful is simply because of their own shortcomings.

I know right?

Some people get successful through sheer luck, while some wealthy people lose all their fortune through the most unlucky situations.

My friend told me about how he heard of a millionaire who lost all of his wealth when his bank went bankrupt. That literally came out of nowhere. Sure you could say he could've secured his wealth in other ways, but still, it's unlucky. Not all people have it bad due to their shortcomings, sometimes it's society. It ain't a perfect one.

You could also fall through the faults of other people, like that guy fell because of his bank. (Don't they issue a warning in case they're going bankrupt? I remember my teacher also saying you can lose everything in your bank if it goes bankrupt.)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: The PredBen on Dec 16, 2015, 08:14:59 AM
QuoteIt's War. When you make war, innocent people will die. However it's the choice that one has to make. Accepting the truth doesn't make someone evil.

I'm well aware of that. It was the way Dr. Carson said it that was idiotic. Bombing them is an act of mercy? "You got it!" as his reply when somebody asks him if he was okay with the thousands of deaths that will occur from bombing. I am well aware war is war, and that yes, when you're in it to win it, sometimes innocents have to die. That being said, he couldn't have expressed his views just a little bit better? It wasn't what he was trying to say, but how he said it, that makes me think he isn't all there, brain surgeon or not.
Yea that was stupid. Actually now that I watched it again, it wasn't really that bad. By merciful he means to get the bad deed over and done with instead of letting it simmer in hells kitchen. You know, the bottom line, for all that we think of ourselves, we are really just numbers. Which is why those that issue the order to kill are never on the battlefield and we use munitions that ensure we don't have to look the enemy in the eye. You know, cause it would be sad. They should admit it though, that it is easy to conduct war on people that you consider different from you. It's an unfair question though, can you order an attack that will kill innocent children. Of course, any of us could. The moment we feel danger we act without hesitation.

Now about that stuff on shortcomings and failure. You're simply born into the card deck that's stacked against you. Hell some even think it's at a genetic level. I was bought up thinking that we can all achieve what we want but that is simply untrue because first you have to survive. In fact the only way many people can achieve is by throwing away their responsibilities and loved ones. Thus freeing up the time and resources necessary for achievement as defined by a certain somebody here. If you're not successful it's because you're not trying hard enough? That's bullshit. It's because we're human beings and who decides what failure or success is? Yea the winner, that's who. That bastard also gets to write the history that we are all taught in school.

The bottom line is that our current system is f**ked up and overtly divided by a complete lack of rationality. Just look at the entire GOP field and those Donkey's on the other side are just as dense. Then there are those over seas, which sea? You tell me. Europeans, Arabs, Russia, Asia and everybody else. I mean f**k we're all the same people here. Yet as an American I know we love to f**k each other over for a god damn percentage. We surely do it 100,000,000 times a day I suspect. What the hell is the matter with us? Man I have a huge rant in here but the system we play in is asinine and obsolete. We. Are. Doomed-rulz™.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Its one of the Universal Paradox's "To make way for Peace, you must prepare for War"

Now Children, F***ing Calm Down!!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

But children wage such beautiful war.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 16, 2015, 12:53:57 PM
Its one of the Universal Paradox's "To make way for Peace, you must prepare for War"

Let's all have some whiskey to settle down our differences!  Great quality whiskey brewed by the Whiskeybrewer.  ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Dec 16, 2015, 04:33:05 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 16, 2015, 12:53:57 PM

Let's all have some whiskey to settle down our differences!  Great quality whiskey brewed by the Whiskeybrewer.  ;D

Available in all good comments this Christmas ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Speaking of Xmas, I just found out last night that Josh Feurstein was the one behind the boycott of Starbucks over the cups. Imagine my surprise ::)

Gate

Gate

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 16, 2015, 11:41:55 AM

Yea that was stupid. Actually now that I watched it again, it wasn't really that bad. By merciful he means to get the bad deed over and done with instead of letting it simmer in hells kitchen. You know, the bottom line, for all that we think of ourselves, we are really just numbers. Which is why those that issue the order to kill are never on the battlefield and we use munitions that ensure we don't have to look the enemy in the eye. You know, cause it would be sad. They should admit it though, that it is easy to conduct war on people that you consider different from you. It's an unfair question though, can you order an attack that will kill innocent children. Of course, any of us could. The moment we feel danger we act without hesitation.

Now about that stuff on shortcomings and failure. You're simply born into the card deck that's stacked against you. Hell some even think it's at a genetic level. I was bought up thinking that we can all achieve what we want but that is simply untrue because first you have to survive. In fact the only way many people can achieve is by throwing away their responsibilities and loved ones. Thus freeing up the time and resources necessary for achievement as defined by a certain somebody here. If you're not successful it's because you're not trying hard enough? That's bullshit. It's because we're human beings and who decides what failure or success is? Yea the winner, that's who. That bastard also gets to write the history that we are all taught in school.

The bottom line is that our current system is f**ked up and overtly divided by a complete lack of rationality. Just look at the entire GOP field and those Donkey's on the other side are just as dense. Then there are those over seas, which sea? You tell me. Europeans, Arabs, Russia, Asia and everybody else. I mean f**k we're all the same people here. Yet as an American I know we love to f**k each other over for a god damn percentage. We surely do it 100,000,000 times a day I suspect. What the hell is the matter with us? Man I have a huge rant in here but the system we play in is asinine and obsolete. We. Are. Doomed-rulz™.

'Acceptable losses' don't account for the thousand randoms killed in drone strikes that had nothing to do with war. They weren't at war. You can hate my ideology all you want. But this is where refugees, where terrorists are born. Watching their family die over acceptable losses.

Even my candidate, Bernie Sanders, wants to continue the drone program in its current state. It's the single worst flaw I see in him.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Gate on Dec 17, 2015, 01:43:23 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 16, 2015, 11:41:55 AM

'Acceptable losses' don't account for the thousand randoms killed in drone strikes that had nothing to do with war. They weren't at war. You can hate my ideology all you want. But this is where refugees, where terrorists are born. Watching their family die over acceptable losses.

Even my candidate, Bernie Sanders, wants to continue the drone program in its current state. It's the single worst flaw I see in him.
No, you have to weigh the cost of both going to war and not going to war. Most of the time war happens because the cost of not waging war is higher. Then there is the drone program. Yea there's an ethical dilemma there but until somebody uses it on us... well that's how it goes. In any case it will be ignored because no direct American lives are on the line. Yes that is because we are worth more then another counties people are. So nothing to hate you over, you just want peace... now only if someone actually knew how to do it without death and body parts everywhere.

Some people like to stand on the sidelines watching the world burn.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Plans to build migrant centre in a small Dutch town have been halted after the residents riot in protest.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/627454/Geldersmalen-riot-asylum-seeker-centre-migrant-crisis-Netherlands

ISIS flags, photos found on hundreds of migrants entering Norway. Yeah because all these migrants are just refugees and need help  ::) Cue more excuses.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/626925/ISIS-Islamic-State-Flag-Migrants-Europe-Norway-Severed-Heads-Schengen-EU-Jihadi?utm_source=traffic.outbrain&utm_medium=traffic.outbrain&utm_term=traffic.outbrain&utm_content=traffic.outbrain&utm_campaign=traffic.outbrain

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Pinnacle of free society Vladimir Putin hails Donald Trump as a "very colourful, talented person" and the "absolute frontrunner in the presidential race".

Wonderful.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 17, 2015, 03:29:13 PM
Plans to build migrant centre in a small Dutch town have been halted after the residents riot in protest.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/627454/Geldersmalen-riot-asylum-seeker-centre-migrant-crisis-Netherlands

ISIS flags, photos found on hundreds of migrants entering Norway. Yeah because all these migrants are just refugees and need help  ::) Cue more excuses.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/626925/ISIS-Islamic-State-Flag-Migrants-Europe-Norway-Severed-Heads-Schengen-EU-Jihadi?utm_source=traffic.outbrain&utm_medium=traffic.outbrain&utm_term=traffic.outbrain&utm_content=traffic.outbrain&utm_campaign=traffic.outbrain
How strange we are seeing all these migrants and IS after the paris attacks what about this women:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35120156
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35104632

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed