In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,677 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Gates on Dec 09, 2015, 05:43:57 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/europe/husband-facebook-post-paris-attacks/

I'm not sure if its been posted, but this man is a hero to me and my family...he, above all of us here, has every right to outrage and hate -- yet, he does not yield...

As a recent father, his prose have struck me in such a way that I can't even articulate into words...

Maybe there is a lesson here, maybe not -- but the power behind the words can never be refuted...

Beautiful. I love every instance where I see someone not giving into the hatred and fear.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 10, 2015, 08:38:30 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 10, 2015, 07:05:08 AMIts kind of a huge deal in Europe right now, that and terrorism, if you hadn't noticed, you being in the UK.

There's having a reasonable discussion about the issue of immigration... and then there's being you.

Having a reasonable discussion, translation...everybody agreeing with my opinion so the discussion is much more agreeable and easier for me. Not wanting anybody around who disagrees because that clearly means they are evil extreme right wing type people!! Thusly, this jeopardises my safe space.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 10, 2015, 03:21:43 PMHaving a reasonable discussion, translation...everybody agreeing with my opinion so the discussion is much more agreeable and easier for me.

:laugh: What?!

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 10, 2015, 03:21:43 PMNot wanting anybody around who disagrees because that clearly means they are evil extreme right wing type people!!

I couldn't care less if you disagree, that's you're right.

But when people start voicing support for a man who is proposing discriminatory policies eerily similar to those instigated by the Nazis in the 1930s, I can't help but feel the sanity and decency slips right out of their argument.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 10, 2015, 03:37:40 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 10, 2015, 03:21:43 PMHaving a reasonable discussion, translation...everybody agreeing with my opinion so the discussion is much more agreeable and easier for me.

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 10, 2015, 03:21:43 PMNot wanting anybody around who disagrees because that clearly means they are evil extreme right wing type people!!

But when people start voicing support for a man who is proposing discriminatory policies eerily similar to those instigated by the Nazis in the 1930s, I can't help but feel the sanity and decency slips right out of their argument.

George Takei recently spoke out about Donald Trump regarding his stance on internment camps. I'd love to hear Mr. Dump insult a fomer-internment occupant.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm sure he'd either bury his head in the sand regarding the matter or turn it into Takei being some sort of villain.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Muhammed Ali spoke out against him.Also this UK solider defended muslim saying UK Muslim solider saved his life:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-35054442
Feel sorry for British Muslim solders they fight radicalization abroad but have to combat it in the UK and deal with Racism:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_plot_to_behead_a_British_Muslim_soldier

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 10, 2015, 03:37:40 PM

Ugh! I'm not supporting Trump! I have merely pointed out why (I think) he is currently doing well, that doesn't mean I'm supporting him. Those are my theories, nothing more, could be right, could be wrong. Secondly I live in the UK, I don't really care who gets to be President, frankly I don't think any of them are good choices, but my money would be on Hilary Clinton.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

To put it another way Hubbs, the way you post, you 100% sound like a person who thinks like Donald Trump speaks. Basically you are the Donald.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gates on Dec 09, 2015, 05:43:57 PM
This thread is so full of hate, its really disappointing... :-\

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/europe/husband-facebook-post-paris-attacks/

I'm not sure if its been posted, but this man is a hero to me and my family...he, above all of us here, has every right to outrage and hate -- yet, he does not yield...

As a recent father, his prose have struck me in such a way that I can't even articulate into words...

Maybe there is a lesson here, maybe not -- but the power behind the words can never be refuted...

Hatred or not, everything's cool now that you're here, brotha 8) Aldo vs. McGregor this weekend!!

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 10, 2015, 11:01:42 PM
To put it another way Hubbs, the way you post, you 100% sound like a person who thinks like Donald Trump speaks. Basically you are the Donald.

Yep that's right, cos clearly anybody who doesn't maintain a far left, ultra liberal viewpoint on all political issues, is Donald Trump, the devil and Monty Burns incarnated  ::)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 11, 2015, 08:06:55 AM

Yep that's right, cos clearly anybody who doesn't maintain a far left, ultra liberal viewpoint on all political issues, is Donald Trump, the devil and Monty Burns incarnated  ::)
I don't know who Monty Burns is but wait... actually yea, you're right. Donald has a non far left nor ultra liberal view on political issues. OMG Donald, is that really you? However you brought up the devil yourself. I mean I don't even think The Don believes the shit he spews but I must admit, you just can't give some things a rest. I mean you try and cover up you disgust over immigration by "claiming" it's just you trying to explain why Donald's numbers are up but seriously, you sound like a jerk as you do it.

It's ok to have an opinion, right or wrong, no one here is disrespecting you for that. However it is getting tiresome as hell to read (just don't read it is not an out) through and yes you're saying outright mean things. That's what's bothering peeps. You've gotta draw a line, man. I like to bitch and moan about things too but after a while it becomes evident that no one wants to hear my shit and thus I move on to something else.

Speaking of Ultra Liberal I wonder If Beagle Eagle is reading this.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 11, 2015, 08:06:55 AMYep that's right, cos clearly anybody who doesn't maintain a far left, ultra liberal viewpoint on all political issues, is Donald Trump, the devil and Monty Burns incarnated  ::)

See, it's exactly that kind of "You're all a bunch of lefty, limp-wristed, Commie terrorist sympathisers" statement that makes everyone inclined to reject anything you might have to say say. People can have different views without being the extreme polar opposite of what you believe, especially when it comes to politics.

Case in point: I'm right-wing, but Trump is a f*cking disgrace.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 11, 2015, 08:06:55 AM

It's not about being not being left (I'm neither left or right), it's about you specifically. All your posts give off that very poor impression and comments like that go to reinforce them.

Hubbs

Hubbs

@Whiterabbit: Yes I don't agree with the mass immigration to the UK or Europe, that's got nothing to do with Trump, seriously!  ::)

Again, I have only pointed out why I think Trump is doing well (different issue to the Euro situation), like a report you might see on the news if you will, why is Trump doing so well? maybe its because of this...Are you guys not able to determine the difference here?

Although I will admit its been highly amusing watching him ruffle plenty of feathers, but even I will admit he has pushed it too far now, gotten too big headed (and yes he is totally saying sh*t to grab headlines of course).

Yes I admit I have been going on about stuff a lot recently, and I have actually wanted to stop posting, but things just keep popping up every flippin' day, one thing after another. Wanted to give the news a break and then that stupid Time thing crops up  -_-

@Hicks: Well OK but that's also what I mean too, yeah I'm not a lefty or far right wing (despite what you might think), obviously I'm to the right or Conservative (dare I say, UKIP). But why should my opinions give a poor impression? That only goes to show that you don't like someone having an opinion that isn't maybe...more towards the left field, I think.

My last post was of course, slightly laced with sarcasm ::) come on guys really? OK its difficult to tell with text sure. But it also does hold an element of truth to it of course, because most of you do get uppity at times.

@HaDaFuk: You're more right wing?? really?? you??

'You're all a bunch of lefty, limp-wristed, Commie terrorist sympathisers', well I didn't wanna say but... ;D I jest.

Oh and Monty Burns...The Simpsons ;)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 11, 2015, 12:48:34 PM
Oh and Monty Burns...The Simpsons ;)
Oh, Mr. Burns. I thought you were talking about a real person. :P Well in any case none of them are Eric Cartman evil.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed