In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,495 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Dec 09, 2015, 04:28:50 PMTrumpet

:laugh: I don't know if it was intentional or just a typo, but that made me laugh.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 09, 2015, 04:31:01 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Dec 09, 2015, 04:28:50 PMTrumpet

:laugh: I don't know if it was intentional or just a typo, but that made me laugh.
Intentional. McDonald Trumpets BUY NOW!

Gates

Gates

This thread is so full of hate, its really disappointing... :-\

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/europe/husband-facebook-post-paris-attacks/

I'm not sure if its been posted, but this man is a hero to me and my family...he, above all of us here, has every right to outrage and hate -- yet, he does not yield...

As a recent father, his prose have struck me in such a way that I can't even articulate into words...

Maybe there is a lesson here, maybe not -- but the power behind the words can never be refuted...

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Gates on Dec 09, 2015, 05:43:57 PM

I'm not sure if its been posted, but this man is a hero to me and my family...he, above all of us here, has every right to outrage and hate -- yet, he does not yield...

As a recent father, his prose have struck me in such a way that I can't even articulate into words...

Maybe there is a lesson here, maybe not -- but the power behind the words can never be refuted...

No hate, just can't believe an American publication has given a rather prestigious award to Angela Merkel, completely ignoring how most of Germany (and Europe) currently feels about her. And on the same note, given second place to the flippin' leader of ISIS!

I'll bet ISIS can't believe how soft and dumb we all are, they're probably laughing at us. Person of the year to the woman who gave ISIS a free pass into Europe, second place to their leader!!! Why not give third place to Jihadi John while you're at it ::) Honesty, am I the only person here who thinks this is disgusting and hilariously ridiculous?? Seriously...I can't be.

If that isn't a slap in the face to all victims of terrorism so far, I don't know what is  -_-

Yes I fully realise the 'award' is suppose to be based on influence and can be negatively viewed or whatever. Personally I don't buy that explanation, I don't get it, all I see is certain sections of modern society actually, seemingly, praising the enemy! (and Merkel).

Like I said before, an award is an award, even if its for the world's biggest c**t, its still an award and its still publicity for that person, and in this case, that is completely unacceptable.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

People are misunderstanding the meaning of the "Person of the Year" moniker. It's an honest take at the harsh reality of the world. Be it a good thing or not. Half of the people on that list are out and out jackasses at best. Hassan Rouhani, Travis Kalanick, Caitlyn Jenner, Donald Trump and Black Lives Matter Activists are all being major Jackasses. While that Abu guy is outright evil. I'm rather ashamed that so many people bash Angela Merkel, she's the only one on that list who has to run a f**king country and is trying to help millions in a terrible situation. She's been dealt a whole lotta lemons and is doing her best to make lemonade. The meaning of the award is about the state of the year. The fact that they choose Merkel over Abu is that the writers at Time choose optimism over pessimism. That helping your fellow man is more meaningful to the world than butchering your fellow man is. On the downside part of the reason she would win the award would be for all of the hate she's garnered for doing what she does. As a direct influence she has affect far more individuals than Abu has. Be it for positive reason or not.

Oh and another thing, you Europeans seriously need the immigration, which is why the gates are open. Sure, the refugees are being selfish too but f**k, what's new.

Vertigo

Vertigo

If I read one more post of Hubbs bitching about immigration (and let's be realistic, there will be at least another hundred), I think I'm going to be physically ill.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Vertigo on Dec 10, 2015, 02:37:24 AM
If I read one more post of Hubbs bitching about immigration (and let's be realistic, there will be at least another hundred), I think I'm going to be physically ill.

I'm surprised I haven't found his username on Stormfront yet

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Vertigo on Dec 10, 2015, 02:37:24 AM

Its kind of a huge deal in Europe right now, that and terrorism, if you hadn't noticed, you being in the UK.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Trump is a totally different situation. It scares me how his popularity soared recently. Ever since he started to say the things he said, I saw the number of racist comments rise up below the news articles and at youtube. I'm afraid of what some of the racists would do to the minorities if Trump becomes president. Despite all of George Bush's flaws, I have to admit that he did a good job of supporting the Muslims after 9/11 and after someone shot a store clerk (because he wore a turban).

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 10, 2015, 07:05:08 AMIts kind of a huge deal in Europe right now, that and terrorism, if you hadn't noticed, you being in the UK.

There's having a reasonable discussion about the issue of immigration... and then there's being you.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's the real issue with this thread and these kinds of discussions; doing so in a reasonable fashion. Which thankfully most of you are capable of.

And now for less doom and gloom news: http://news.discovery.com/space/confirmed-japanese-spacecraft-has-new-eyes-on-venus-151209.htm

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Love me some space. The snaps on Ceres in the news lately are pretty awesome.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/dawn/new-clues-to-ceres-bright-spots-and-origins

This was the last Ceres update I saw crop up. It's really fascinating stuff.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 09, 2015, 09:32:15 PM
People are misunderstanding the meaning of the "Person of the Year" moniker. It's an honest take at the harsh reality of the world. Be it a good thing or not. Half of the people on that list are out and out jackasses at best. Hassan Rouhani, Travis Kalanick, Caitlyn Jenner, Donald Trump and Black Lives Matter Activists are all being major Jackasses. While that Abu guy is outright evil. I'm rather ashamed that so many people bash Angela Merkel, she's the only one on that list who has to run a f**king country and is trying to help millions in a terrible situation. She's been dealt a whole lotta lemons and is doing her best to make lemonade. The meaning of the award is about the state of the year. The fact that they choose Merkel over Abu is that the writers at Time choose optimism over pessimism. That helping your fellow man is more meaningful to the world than butchering your fellow man is. On the downside part of the reason she would win the award would be for all of the hate she's garnered for doing what she does. As a direct influence she has affect far more individuals than Abu has. Be it for positive reason or not.

Oh and another thing, you Europeans seriously need the immigration, which is why the gates are open. Sure, the refugees are being selfish too but f**k, what's new.

In my opinion, Merkel has been like "GIVE ME LEMONS, WE WILL HAVE LEMONS," and now she's dealing lol.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Gates on Dec 09, 2015, 05:43:57 PM

Saw this on Russell Howard's Good News a few weeks back. Brought a tear to my eye

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed