In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,481 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 16, 2015, 04:47:04 AM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 16, 2015, 04:33:55 AM
I see people I know in real life that are scared that ISIS will attack the US and take over the world. They may be evil and horrible, I don't see them being powerful enough to take over the whole world anytime soon.

If people keep leaving Syria they'll take that over cos no ones gonna be left in the country to stop them lol!
If people keep leaving Syria; ISIS will have no one to operate the country and it's infrastructure. Does no one think about things like that? None the less ISis should be dealth with and yes that will take boots on the ground.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 16, 2015, 06:01:54 AM
I see people I know in real life that are scared that ISIS will attack the US and take over the world. They may be evil and horrible, I don't see them being powerful enough to take over the whole world anytime soon.

If people keep leaving Syria they'll take that over cos no ones gonna be left in the country to stop them lol!
If people keep leaving Syria; ISIS will have no one to operate the country and it's infrastructure. Does no one think about things like that? None the less ISis should be dealth with and yes that will take boots on the ground.
It would take a lot more than just boots bud. Unfortunately no country has the stomach to do what is necessary to properly defeat an insurgency.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Vertigo on Nov 14, 2015, 10:29:23 AMWhat exactly are the terrorists hoping to accomplish?

I don't think you can think of it in logical gains. They just hate us and want to kill and terrorise us.

That said, if by carrying out these attacks they fuel anti-Muslim sentiment in the West, then that in turn simply bolsters there rhetoric at home.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Nov 16, 2015, 06:04:00 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 16, 2015, 06:01:54 AM

It would take a lot more than just boots bud. Unfortunately no country has the stomach to do what is necessary to properly defeat an insurgency.
Explain. Cause at the moment I'm reading that as nerve gassing the entire f**king nest or nuking the site from orbit. I just want to be sure I get where you're coming from. By boots I mean a full military invasion along with significant causalities.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

@x-M-x & Guan Thwei 1992:
Thank you!  :D

The situation is a very complicated one to send boot on the ground.
There are many countries & minorities engaged in the conflict (Turkish, Jordan, Iran, Irak, Arabia, Rebels, Kurdish and of course Syria) which are for some fighting Isis but are also fighting each other (best example being Turkish bombing Kurdish and not being hostile towards ISIS).
There's a whole division between Sunni and Shiite and an even bigger between West and East block that creates a big 4 categories some being allied to countries which are worse enemies.
For example the USA and Russia both fight Isis but you all know the relation between both.
While USA helps also Arabia which supports Rebels who fight Bachar el-Assad who is an Ally to Russia who bombs rebels to protect the Syrian government.

The fact France was attacked is not something very new but people seems to have short terms memory issues.
Syria was a country controlled by France after World War I. There's a long unhappy history between France and this region of the world.
Most of today's conflicts comes from WWI and WWII if not before anyway, it's just a never ending expansion of conflicts to control today what makes the bridge between Europa, Africa and Asia.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Ah, yea, isis is a weed with deep roots. lol I honestly wasn't thinking that PVTDukeMorrison was thinking nuke'em but sometime I do wonder. Yea it's going to take more than just a regional invasion but a serious seek and destroy campaign and there are far too many interests involved. Especially that 800lb gorilla called Putin eh I meant Russian.

Yea, all of this anger is not unfounded. France and England is paying the price for centuries of colonization and imperialism. The same shit got the US into the Vietnam and Iraq wars. It's time to deal with this treat as well but I doubt the resolve is there.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 16, 2015, 10:40:42 AMFrance and England is paying the price for centuries of colonization and imperialism.

ISIS don't give a shit about the colonial days. Besides, what about the attacks on Turkey and Russia?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 16, 2015, 10:45:50 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 16, 2015, 10:40:42 AMFrance and England is paying the price for centuries of colonization and imperialism.

ISIS don't give a shit about the colonial days. Besides, what about the attacks on Turkey and Russia?
The climate that allows an ISIS to be born is in large part due to the historical conflicts and errors of European powers of yesteryear. Don't really want to get into a history lesson but all of the shit happening in the region has been simmering for ages.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

You just have to take a look at this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_armed_groups_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War

to understand how f* the situation is.
Funny to see that USA is allied to al-Qaeda after 9/11 because they oppose Syrian government.
It's also very indicative how many Jihadists' group are being supported by France, USA & co.

They might be the new ISIS in 10 years so simply destroying Isis isn't the answer.

x-M-x

x-M-x

I still say we should just 'nuke' the bastards the whole lot of them.

Break their spirits, so they would never dare try to cross us again.

But meh that's just me (nuke first ask later)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: x-M-x on Nov 16, 2015, 12:48:18 PMI still say we should just 'nuke' the bastards the whole lot of them.

The fact anyone would actually believe this just beggars belief.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 16, 2015, 12:54:32 PM
Quote from: x-M-x on Nov 16, 2015, 12:48:18 PMI still say we should just 'nuke' the bastards the whole lot of them.

The fact anyone would actually believe this just beggars belief.

Damn shame then... bah

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

I don't think nuking is a solution as it'd cause far too much damage not just to the Middle East, but in other places. Nuclear fallout will spread wherever the wind blows it towards.

Plus one country using nukes might motivate the next to do so too which could cause a nuclear crisis.

And not every country will use neutron bombs with a short half-life.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: x-M-x on Nov 16, 2015, 02:08:51 PMDamn shame then... bah

So what about the hundreds of thousands of perfectly innocent people still living in Syria?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's all well and good saying things like we should bomb them but as HuDa says there's thousands of innocent people. This isn't "clean" warfare, these people aren't wearing uniforms.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed