In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,680 times)

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Nov 14, 2015, 03:28:53 AM
While it might be necessary for security purposes, I think it would be a shame if Schengen were scrapped altogether, as I think it is a tangible sign of modern European unity, and the fact that the countries, which fought each other for over a millennium, are not enemies anymore.

Schengen is complete f*cking joke, it needs to be gone, can't you see what's happening to Europe? You can't have borderless countries in Europe, this isn't the United States of Europe. This is mainly Merkel's fault and she is losing her grip fast, its just a matter of time now.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 14, 2015, 03:33:44 AM
While it might be necessary for security purposes, I think it would be a shame if Schengen were scrapped altogether, as I think it is a tangible sign of modern European unity, and the fact that the countries, which fought each other for over a millennium, are not enemies anymore.

Schengen is complete f*cking joke, it needs to be gone, can't you see what's happening to Europe? You can't have borderless countries in Europe, this isn't the United States of Europe. This is mainly Merkel's fault and she is losing her grip fast, its just a matter of time now, and about time to.

The borders around Europe need to be considerably strengthened, I agree.  But within Europe, keeping loose borders helps promote economic and cultural growth.  Schengen needs to be reformed, but there's no reason to go back to the old fortress mentality.

Vark_

Vark_

I live 25km from Paris, and it's a crazy time we're living here. Breaking news tell about 120 dead and counting, plus 60 critical injured, state of emergency is declared, borders are closed, every cop and 1500 army troop are mobilized in the capital, people are to stay at home.

As I speak, we know that 3 suicide bombers blew themselves next to the stadium, and more likely 4 shooters led havoc downtown against bars / restaurants before seizing a crowded theatre during a rock metal event. SWAT teams reacted quite quickly, then 1 was downed, and 3 blew themselves as the cops went in. Terrorists took nearly 80 lives in here
And yeah, surviving witnesses told they spoke about Syria, Hollande's foreign politics and Allah-Ackbar stuff, so this is middle-east / ISIS related, unfortunately.
Hard time fellas  :(

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Nov 14, 2015, 03:59:06 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 14, 2015, 03:33:44 AM

Schengen is complete f*cking joke, it needs to be gone, can't you see what's happening to Europe? You can't have borderless countries in Europe, this isn't the United States of Europe. This is mainly Merkel's fault and she is losing her grip fast, its just a matter of time now, and about time to.

The borders around Europe need to be considerably strengthened, I agree.  But within Europe, keeping loose borders helps promote economic and cultural growth.  Schengen needs to be reformed, but there's no reason to go back to the old fortress mentality.

But there were no problems before, now we have huge problems, even before the migrant crisis. I don't get how having no borders is better when it has caused so much trouble.

Quote from: Vark_ on Nov 14, 2015, 04:00:29 AM
I live 25km from Paris, and it's a crazy time we're living here. Breaking news tell about 120 dead and counting, plus 60 critical injured, state of emergency is declared, borders are closed, every cop and 1500 army troop are mobilized in the capital, people are to stay at home.

As I speak, we know that 2 suicide bombers blew themselves next to the stadium, and more likely a trio of shooters led havoc downtown against bars / restaurants before seizing a crowded theatre during a rock metal event. SWAT teams killed them all quite quickly, but the terrorists took nearly 80 lives in here before they were downed.
And yeah, surviving witnesses told they spoke about Syria, Hollande's foreign politics and Allah-Ackbar stuff, so this is middle-east / ISIS related, unfortunately.
Hard time fellas  :(

It seems like a foregone conclusion really, it couldn't really be anything else.

Vark_

Vark_

For anyone well informed about the international situation and middle-east crisis, that obviously figures. Although I feel terrible, I'm not surprised this happened, this was to be expected dome day, especially with the defeats ISIS suffered during the previous days, and the terror attacks in Turkey / Lebanon plus the blown russian flight.

I edited my post, situation updates talk about more terrorists than previously believed, 7 or 8 instead of 5. Most of them blew themselves in the end.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I have a friend who was in a bar just a few doors down from one of the places that was attacked. Thankfully he's OK and out of the city, waiting for a flight home at Orly. A taxi driver gave him and a bunch of other people a ride out of town for free. Respect to that man.

Vertigo

Vertigo

What exactly are the terrorists hoping to accomplish? This isn't going to encourage France to withdraw support from Syria. Attacks on citizens serve to galvanise them, and if anything allows politicians to gain support for military action. See the 2001 commencement of war in Afghanistan, for example.

This is just horrible, evil and senseless.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Just i wonder what would happen if all of the EU just team up and nuke those people/country?

end it all few nukes should sort em (but im sure many on here and out there would disagree with that)

There getting in the EU... border checks should be more stronger/strict

Hubbs

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 14, 2015, 02:49:05 PM
Syrian passport found on dead ISIS bomber.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3318379/Hunt-Isis-killers-Syrian-passport-body-suicide-bomber-Stade-France.html

Is anyone truly surprised that they came with the refugees? Anyone with half a brain saw this coming. And yet, the warnings were met with venom from the so-called "progressives." And now look where we are.

My thoughts go out to the people of France. I wish them the best during these times.

Hubbs

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

It was absolutely shocking hearing about whats happened in Paris. I was watching TV when it came up as a Breaking News bulletin. And now ISIL (nee ISIS) are taking credit for it. Im dreading that its all gonna go Scorched Earth

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

What happen in Paris is awful. They call it "attack on all of humanity" which sounds a bit extreme if you ask me. It was a horrible attack, but saying it was a attack on the whole human race sounds a bit much.

Gate

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Hey, I was 100m away from the shooting in a bar with friends when it happened, crazy night.
They locked the bar with metal fence for four hours to protect us.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed