In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,678 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://news.uaf.edu/ice_age_mammals/

QuoteA study of life and extinctions among woolly mammoths and other ice-age animals suggests that interconnected habitats can help Arctic mammal species survive environmental changes.

A very interesting read, highlighting how megafauna survived during the last Ice Age and what their means of survival can teach us about present-day mammals.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Teamwork. God dammit people we need to learn this! :P

Gate

Gate

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/13/watch-live-coverage-of-paris-attacks.html

Live stream for the streets of Paris. France is going through its own 9/11

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Now is not the time for praying, now is the time for action. This is a blatant act of war, but people have already started to downplay it. You chose this Europe, you made your bed, now lie in it.

windebieste

windebieste

Dozens of innocent people, Hostages including children, are get killed by zealots and all you can do is say 'You deserve it, Europe'. 

Above all else, though, your lack of compassion is appalling. 

This situation is much more complex and volatile than any easy solution can offer.

-Windebieste.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 14, 2015, 01:02:06 AM
Dozens of innocent people, Hostages including children, are get killed by zealots and all you can do is say 'You deserve it, Europe'. 

Above all else, though, your lack of compassion is appalling. 

This situation is much more complex and volatile than any easy solution can offer.

-Windebieste.
You're right, phrasing wasn't the best there I'll admit, mistake my heart goes out to all the innocent civilians. What I should have said is that the POLITICIANS asked for this. Emotions are running a little high, I do have family there as well

Hubbs

Hubbs

We're playing the waiting game right now in Europe, who and why. This will have huge ramifications on the EU and the future of Europe, the face of Europe. Expect major changes now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203

Gate

Gate

If this turns out to be non-ISIS I'll shit my pants

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Gate on Nov 14, 2015, 03:13:05 AM

Agreed, but if this has any connection to the migrant crisis (terrorists sneaking in), the EU is in serious trouble, this will end Schengen I'm sure (I hope), enough is enough.

Sweden closed their borders last week, as did Slovenia, and now France.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

I saw a report on CNN stating that the way in which terrorism has changed might make combating this rather complicated.  It used to be state sponsors that backed terrorists, then broad organizations like Al-Qaeda.  Now you have dozens of organizations, some claiming ISIS but others not, engaged in this behavior.  Someone doesn't need to be connected to anyone to carry out an attack like this; just some basic coordination, equipment, and willpower.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 14, 2015, 03:18:41 AM

Agreed, but if this has any connection to the migrant crisis (terrorists sneaking in), the EU is in serious trouble, this will end Schengen I'm sure (I hope), enough is enough.

https://twitter.com/RFCdan/status/665302723592519680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Times are hopefully starting to change

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Gate on Nov 14, 2015, 03:22:42 AM

https://twitter.com/RFCdan/status/665302723592519680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Oh no don't start with the excuses, we don't know yet, but as I said, IF this is connected to the crisis (terrorists sneaking in), then this will destroy the EU. Most of Europe is against the EU now anyway, Germans want Merkel out, this will tip the balance.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

While it might be necessary for security purposes, I think it would be a shame if Schengen were scrapped altogether, as I think it is a tangible sign of modern European unity, and the fact that the countries, which fought each other for over a millennium, are not enemies anymore.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I noticed that there was extra heavy security at my local cinema the other weekend as well as at Janet Jacksons concert. I mean well above extra security. I suppose there must have been chatter of an attack but no one could pin down just where it was to happen.

Sympathies to all the victims and their families and countrymen. Like any attack first the area needs to be secured and victims treated. Then follow the information gathering that will lead to the events of the attack. After that it's time to decided on what to do. Still I'm rather surprised that none of the proper authorities are sure on just who was behind this attack at the moment.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed