In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,687 times)

Gate

Gate

Quote from: razeak on Oct 03, 2015, 02:22:56 PM
Never mind that there are already thousands of gun regulations and laws.

Never mind that Oregon closed the gun show loophole.

Never mind that Oregon prevents those that have been found to be in a mental state from purchasing firearms.

Never mind that a background check was performed to purchase the firearms.

Never mind it was a gun free zone.

Never mind it is illegal to murder people.

The shooter still did the crime.  Assuming that people support gun ownership are "only" doing it because of arrogance is bulverism and doesn't legitimately debate any gun argument points and counterpoints. It's merely applying a label and disregarding anything being said by the opposing side. It adds zero to the discussion.

I'm alive today thanks to legal defensive gun use.

Brandishing a firearm is most likely the vast majority of defensive gun use and will not attract media attention.  Either way, it mattered to me and my family 100%.

Quote from: Gate on Oct 02, 2015, 09:24:24 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Oct 02, 2015, 08:44:52 PM
Don't we need more and stronger security? The more police and guards that we have on the parole, the less shootings we have.

Yeah because TSA and the Air Marshals were really successful.

Obama hit the nail on the head. This has become "routine" and we're all "numb" to it. America is too f**king arrogant to give up her guns. Its sickening.

Where is the failure of the TSA and Air Marshals other than being an annoyance?

TSA: Fail 95% of screening tests. My job and coworkers working security at cruise terminals do a better f**king job than TSA.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/investigation-breaches-us-airports-allowed-weapons-through-n367851

Air Marshals: Make it worse
http://nypost.com/2014/05/04/air-marshal-we-lack-fitness-training-weapons-to-stop-terrorists/

Can I ask you something?

If you want to defend your family, don't you think using something that has the word "ASSAULT" in it is rather counter productive?

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Oct 02, 2015, 11:49:53 PM
If you honestly think the US will ever enforce any sort of gun control, let alone a gun ban, you're completely off your rocker. First of all, who would confiscate all the guns already in circulation? Having a police force going around taking peoples guns would be a bloodbath for both sides, and many military personnel have their own private collection of firearms so good luck having them seize the populations weapons.

But lets say that by some miracle every gun in the US magically disappears, know what happens? Yes gun crimes go down, but every other violent crime starts to sky rocket, with more and more people getting stabbed with knives or beaten to death with blunt weapons (And look! People are still getting shot with illegally acquired firearms anyway!). And if people really wanted to kill as many people as they could all they have to do is build a bomb, do you know how easy that is? A quick google search brings up everything I need to make the same type of bomb the Boston Bombers used. $150 and a quick trip to Walmart and I have everything I need, all I have to is leave a gym bag in the middle of a school gymnasium during an assembly and there you go, massive casualties, no guns required.

Guns are not the problem in the US, it's just a sad fact of life that most of these people use them (often acquired illegally) to preform their heinous acts. You wanna solve this issue? Stop putting the blame on guns and invest in some mental health programs.

I hate this argument because it fundamentally ignores the fact that non-gun related crime is still much more managable and safer to prevent. Someone is coming at you with a non-projectile weapon? Give me a break, we can handle that.

Edited to prevent confusion cited by PVTDukeMorrison

Hubbs

Hubbs

Never mind guns, just stop ammo being available.

Russia hitting hard, people saying they are assisting Assad. So here's the dilemma, do you have Assad in charge or ISIS? this is a no win situation and the west will get blamed no matter what they try and do. Obviously the west should of just stayed out of it in the first place, but then everyone in the Middle East would be crying out saying why aren't you helping us, ugh!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34435077

Terrorist attack in Aussie land.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-34431926

And Merkel's popularity slumps to an all time low in 4 years. Getting the message yet Merkel?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/angela-merkel/11880279/Angela-Merkels-paying-a-high-price-to-get-her-way.html

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Gate on Oct 03, 2015, 03:58:07 PM
Quote from: razeak on Oct 03, 2015, 02:22:56 PM
Never mind that there are already thousands of gun regulations and laws.

Never mind that Oregon closed the gun show loophole.

Never mind that Oregon prevents those that have been found to be in a mental state from purchasing firearms.

Never mind that a background check was performed to purchase the firearms.

Never mind it was a gun free zone.

Never mind it is illegal to murder people.

The shooter still did the crime.  Assuming that people support gun ownership are "only" doing it because of arrogance is bulverism and doesn't legitimately debate any gun argument points and counterpoints. It's merely applying a label and disregarding anything being said by the opposing side. It adds zero to the discussion.

I'm alive today thanks to legal defensive gun use.

Brandishing a firearm is most likely the vast majority of defensive gun use and will not attract media attention.  Either way, it mattered to me and my family 100%.

Quote from: Gate on Oct 02, 2015, 09:24:24 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Oct 02, 2015, 08:44:52 PM
Don't we need more and stronger security? The more police and guards that we have on the parole, the less shootings we have.

Yeah because TSA and the Air Marshals were really successful.

Obama hit the nail on the head. This has become "routine" and we're all "numb" to it. America is too f**king arrogant to give up her guns. Its sickening.

Where is the failure of the TSA and Air Marshals other than being an annoyance?

TSA: Fail 95% of screening tests. My job and coworkers working security at cruise terminals do a better f**king job than TSA.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/investigation-breaches-us-airports-allowed-weapons-through-n367851

Air Marshals: Make it worse
http://nypost.com/2014/05/04/air-marshal-we-lack-fitness-training-weapons-to-stop-terrorists/

Can I ask you something?

If you want to defend your family, don't you think using something that has the word "ASSAULT" in it is rather counter productive?

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Oct 02, 2015, 11:49:53 PM
If you honestly think the US will ever enforce any sort of gun control, let alone a gun ban, you're completely off your rocker. First of all, who would confiscate all the guns already in circulation? Having a police force going around taking peoples guns would be a bloodbath for both sides, and many military personnel have their own private collection of firearms so good luck having them seize the populations weapons.

But lets say that by some miracle every gun in the US magically disappears, know what happens? Yes gun crimes go down, but every other violent crime starts to sky rocket, with more and more people getting stabbed with knives or beaten to death with blunt weapons (And look! People are still getting shot with illegally acquired firearms anyway!). And if people really wanted to kill as many people as they could all they have to do is build a bomb, do you know how easy that is? A quick google search brings up everything I need to make the same type of bomb the Boston Bombers used. $150 and a quick trip to Walmart and I have everything I need, all I have to is leave a gym bag in the middle of a school gymnasium during an assembly and there you go, massive casualties, no guns required.

Guns are not the problem in the US, it's just a sad fact of life that most of these people use them (often acquired illegally) to preform their heinous acts. You wanna solve this issue? Stop putting the blame on guns and invest in some mental health programs.

I hate this argument because it fundamentally ignores the fact that non-gun related crime is still much more managable and safer to prevent. Someone is coming at you with a non-projectile weapon? Give me a break.

There you go, throwing out terms like "ASSAULT". Do you even know what an assault rifle is? No, an AR-15 is not an assault rifle. An Assault Rifle needs fully automatic capability, something that is near impossible to acquire in the US unless you're swimming in cash. Or is an assault weapon anything with scary black accessories and made out of polymer with a magazine capacity over 5 rounds (which, sorry to break it to you, is not a high capacity magazine)? The term assault weapon does not apply in this case, or 99% of gun fatalities in the states unless they were acquired illegally, so don't try and give me that "assault weapon" crap.

Secondly, what's so unbelievable about someone coming at you with a non-projectile weapon? It's something that happens  literally every day, and if I see someone breaking into my home with a knife or bat, you can guarantee I'm pulling his plug. Getting into a knife fight is something you never, EVER, want to get into. I worked security at my local football games and have seen people get rushed and attacked more than once with blunt/sharp weapons, I've seen the damage it does.

Quote from: Hubbs on Oct 03, 2015, 04:53:40 PM
Never mind guns, just stop ammo being available.

Russia hitting hard, people saying they are assisting Assad. So here's the dilemma, do you have Assad in charge or ISIS? this is a no win situation and the west will get blamed no matter what they try and do. Obviously the west should of just stayed out of it in the first place, but then everyone in the Middle East would be crying out saying why aren't you helping us, ugh!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34435077

Terrorist attack in Aussie land.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-34431926

And Merkel's popularity slumps to an all time low in 4 years. Getting the message yet Merkel?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/angela-merkel/11880279/Angela-Merkels-paying-a-high-price-to-get-her-way.html

Merkel will thankfully be gone soon, just hold out some hope, even the police are giving up on trying to suppress the anti-migrant riots. As for Russia, f**k it, no matter what we do the Middle East will always be a shit show. At least most Russians don't believe in ROE and Hearts and Minds, so they might actually get some shit done.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea Gate, the term "assault" doesn't matter. Semi-automatic weapons are far more deadlier. You can easily control the rate of fire and pick off your targets one by one with precision accuracy. Most guns are semi anyways, from rifles to handguns. The only thing slowing you down is the speed of that trigger finger.

Gate

Gate

Hubbs

Hubbs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34442121

1.5 million refugees lol!, is it out of hand yet?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I wonder when people will finally wake up and realize that they'll have to simply "Deal with it"? No use in complaining, they're already here.

Gate

Gate

150,000 RUSSIAN TROOPS???

Does anybody EVER read a world history book? Do we remember how Al-Qaeda were created?

I mean, I'd like to give Putin a chance but he's kind of a c**t all past things considered.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Gate on Oct 06, 2015, 05:03:01 AM

Does anybody EVER read a world history book? Do we remember how Al-Qaeda were created?

I mean, I'd like to give Putin a chance but he's kind of a c**t all past things considered.

I think Putin is the boss haha let him have a go, Russia seems to be already doing much more damage than the US ever did. And lets be honest here, to get these people, you've gotta go in hard, none of this namby-pampy liberal bullsh*t, you gotta hit em hard.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 06, 2015, 04:47:47 AM
I wonder when people will finally wake up and realize that they'll have to simply "Deal with it"? No use in complaining, they're already here.

Nope I disagree, we don't have to deal with them at all, in fact the UK (Cameron, bless him) has put up a lot or resistance to allowing any of them in. We were forced to by the EU, hence we should be out of the EU so we can govern ourselves.

There is growing anger at what's going on in Europe, especially in Germany, in the east, the news doesn't report on that though. Merkel is losing her grip, her position, within her party, people are starting to see what's happening, and hopefully at some point we'll start shipping them back because most are economic migrants!!!.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hubbs on Oct 06, 2015, 05:06:09 AM

I think Putin is the boss haha let him have a go, Russia seems to be already doing much more damage than the US ever did. And lets be honest here, to get these people, you've gotta go in hard, none of this namby-pampy liberal bullsh*t, you gotta hit em hard.
Let's be honest, all Putin really cares about in Syria is the port access to the Mediterranean Sea. That's the one reason; the only reason and it's going to become a major pain in the ass for the region.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 06, 2015, 05:12:33 AM

Let's be honest, all Putin really cares about in Syria is the port access to the Mediterranean Sea. That's the one reason; the only reason and it's going to become a major pain in the ass for the region.

What's so important about that port?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hubbs on Oct 06, 2015, 05:14:14 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 06, 2015, 05:12:33 AM

What's so important about that port?
It's Russia's doorway to the Mediterranean Sea. Both militaristic and economic. Even though Russia had a minor port agreement under al-Assad it consisted of a couple of war ships and commence vessels. Since the shit has hit the fan; Russia has been hit hard by the loss. I'll be honest, if I was in Putins shoes, I'd invade Syria too. I mean it's just sitting there for the taking. For Russia the port will open up vast opportunity for renegotiated contracts and better deals. At the same time it will be able to expand it's naval forces to influence the region even more. They're going to become a pain in the ass.

Gate

Gate

Let's not forget how badly Ukraine has backfired on Russia. Financially they are becoming crippled, and that's a loot of oil waiting to be negotiated in Iraq and Syria.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

OIL OIL AND OIL!this is what the situation in Iraq is about!to stop terror we need to stop them from the roots so muslims should do something about the are parts of the quran and the sayings of muhammed which go against terrorism.Muslims should do more not just condemn.

Darkness

Darkness

Reading today about a 11 year old boy in Tennesee who killed his 8 year old neighbour with a shotgun because she wouldn't let him see her puppy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34450841

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed