In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,619 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Or, people aren't used to being told the truth and find it too inconvenient so they resort to language policing.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Gate on Sep 16, 2015, 03:40:54 AM
Political Correctness is a lie. You know you're being an asshole, you just aren't used to people calling you out for it.
Yea but it doesn't mean you have to run somebody into the f**king ground for using a term you may disagree with. Political correctness is a tool of aggression for those that wish to control speech and actions.

Gate

Gate

Or perhaps Political Correctness is a way to mediate between opposing sides? Did you consider that maybe if you're able to respect everybody, they'll....

Listen....

to what you have to say?

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 16, 2015, 06:06:25 AM
Quote from: Gate on Sep 16, 2015, 03:40:54 AM
Political Correctness is a lie. You know you're being an asshole, you just aren't used to people calling you out for it.
Yea but it doesn't mean you have to run somebody into the f**king ground for using a term you may disagree with. Political correctness is a tool of aggression for those that wish to control speech and actions.
Our definition of PC is different then. f**k the people you describe.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Can't make my mind up about Obama, what about this??!!

http://www.democracynow.org/2015/8/18/obama_gives_shell_final_approval_to

Seems like a move that would upset a lot folk.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gate on Sep 16, 2015, 02:18:04 PM
Or perhaps Political Correctness is a way to mediate between opposing sides? Did you consider that maybe if you're able to respect everybody, they'll....

Listen....

to what you have to say?

My definition of respect won't be the same as someone else's. I know that might sound stupid, but it's true.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 12, 2015, 11:22:40 AM
Very controversial figure Jeremy Corbyn has become Labour leader.

Is opposed to war, wants Britain out of Nato, wants to scrap nuclear weapons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34223157

Might have to leave the UK if he gets voted in at next general election.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Sep 16, 2015, 03:56:16 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Sep 12, 2015, 11:22:40 AM
Very controversial figure Jeremy Corbyn has become Labour leader.

Is opposed to war, wants Britain out of Nato, wants to scrap nuclear weapons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34223157

Might have to leave the UK if he gets voted in at next general election.

No chance! (touch wood!).

A. He'll be 70 years old!

B. His liberal extremist guff won't work in this political climate, he's years too late for that. The migrant crisis will have firmly put the EU in jeopardy with regards to the UK staying, along with others. There are protests breaking out all over Germany, Merkel isn't listening to her people.

Vertigo

Vertigo

He might be what's needed to win back seats in Scotland, the big story for Labour in recent years was their absolute annihilation by SNP at the general election. Seems the party hadn't been skewing sufficiently leftwards for a lot of the votership.

Gate

Gate

So to sum up the GOPpresidential debate:

-Muh freedums
-Muh 9/11
-Fearmongering and Warmongering
-Hillary Clinton sucks
-George Bush our hero
-Ronald Reagon is God

The only considerable candidates this debate was Rand Paul as usual following Carly Fiorina(though her foreign policy scares me) and Ben Carson.

oh yeah, and Carly Fiorina stumped the Trump... before Christie shut them both down.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Isn't that just another day in the life of a Republican party member?

Gate

Gate

I feel like Carson and Fiorina are running in the wroooong party.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Heh, Fiorina.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Gate on Sep 17, 2015, 03:22:42 AM
So to sum up the GOPpresidential debate:

-Muh freedums
-Muh 9/11
-Fearmongering and Warmongering
-Hillary Clinton sucks
-George Bush our hero
-Ronald Reagon is God

The only considerable candidates this debate was Rand Paul as usual following Carly Fiorina(though her foreign policy scares me) and Ben Carson.

oh yeah, and Carly Fiorina stumped the Trump... before Christie shut them both down.

Are there any good candidates? Personally I don't think any running look that appealing.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The candidates running are all total jokes. They're assholes who only think about their own assholes. Even that Carson guy, he's a freaking neurosurgeon for Christ sake yet all he thinks about is his asshole. Da fuk man you work with hearts, doesn't that mean anything to you?

:P

South park was all PC tonight. Was kind of funny and no Katlin Jenner is not hot.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

I'm beginning to think Bernie Sanders is just another wealthy white man full of **it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed