In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,657 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I was talking about the content, not the name of a channel but turd flinging monkey does sum up a great deal of youtube. Of course those how to videos are great and movie clips are nice too. Youtube also has a ton of old content.

Still the internet has too much power; it's given everyone their own little spot to diatribe. I just don't want to listen to it. :P

edit: or watch it. Since we're talking about youtube. btw who doesn't like youtube, that's why we make fun of it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

As I said, you'd be adequately surprised how much of it is cited and sourced. But whatever, let's not beat a dead horse. In the news...

http://www.newser.com/story/210252/court-butt-dialers-forfeit-right-to-privacy.html

QuoteButt dialers, be warned: If you inadvertently place a call with your posterior, you have no legal right to privacy about anything you then say. So declares the US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in Kentucky, reports Courthouse News Service. The case involves an executive on a Kentucky airport board who butt-dialed an assistant, allowing her to overhear 90 minutes of conversation about firing the board's CEO. The assistant took down every word, even recorded some of it, and later presented it the board. The executive sued her, but the court ruled against him this week.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

You know I think that's more the cats out of the bag than anything. They could have copyrighted their conversation which is what I think APPLE does so when anything leaks out they can gag the person but of course once it's out, tough shit.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20150724_espn_benches_host_after_comments_disparaging_dominican_republic.html

The Dominican Republic has extremely poor academics across the board but then again who's the dummy.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Love this! ;D love how un-PC the show was, love the fact that so many would get their knickers in a twist over it big time these days lol!

http://www.mandatory.com/2015/03/30/16-reasons-married-with-children-wouldnt-survive-on-tv-today/

Holy sh*t! not content with having the flag removed (and many more things banned and removed), they now want dead bodies dug up and removed! So the black communities are trying to totally rewrite history by erasing it, wow, just wow!

http://wreg.com/2015/07/23/man-drives-several-hours-to-fix-grass-next-to-nathan-bedford-forrests-statue-and-grave/

Oh and I see they're trying to erase Hulk Hogan from the history books too ::) this modern society is totally obsessed with bandwagon jumping, hyperbole scandals.

KiramidHead

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

So it is considered indecent and must be packaged like a playboy is. Seems extreme but not that f**ked up.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 25, 2015, 09:01:20 PM
So it is considered indecent and must be packaged like a playboy is. Seems extreme but not that f**ked up.

Okay, it's more stupid than "f**ked up."

Gazz

Gazz

Nothing about the guy who shot up the American theatre?

There must be some sort of reason these stories don't register on the Hubbs radar. Hmmm...

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea it was a white guy and he wasn't using the confederate flag as a snugie. I hear that pixels is god awful too. Maybe we shouldn't let people with severe mental illness see adam sandler movies.

edit: yea yea I know the movie was trainwreck.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Gazz on Jul 25, 2015, 09:21:15 PM
Nothing about the guy who shot up the American theatre?

There must be some sort of reason these stories don't register on the Hubbs radar. Hmmm...

This seemed remarkably under-reported.

The only real reason that liberal entertainment news can justify following the story for any length of time seems to be their usual practice of focusing on the inanimate object. One of CNN's top headlines read "Lafayette theater shooter bought gun legally, police say." ::)

If only these guns would stop shooting people, we would have no more psychos.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Also it scores low on the interest scale because it was white on white crime, and not considered racially motivated. No kids or minorities where injured and no political chess pieces can be moved soooo on to the next thing.

Speaking of which- went to see Ant-Man today and they checked my wife's purse. All they found was my balls. Way more dangerous.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jul 26, 2015, 12:02:53 AM
Also it scores low on the interest scale because it was white on white crime, and not considered racially motivated. No kids or minorities where injured and no political chess pieces can be moved soooo on to the next thing.

Speaking of which- went to see Ant-Man today and they checked my wife's purse. All they found was my balls. Way more dangerous.

An exceptional comment sir. I've kind of wondered when or if theaters would get crazy and potentially overreact with security measures.

It really f**king sucks that you have to worry about getting shot by some asshole just sitting in a theater watching a movie, but I don't know how I'd feel about metal detectors, pat-downs and the like. I don't think I'd care honestly, it's just sad that it's come to that. The cinema is a magical place for most, I imagine.

Good thing 90% of new movies suck now anyway, so I don't spend much time in the theater :laugh:

All jokes and tomfoolery aside, I don't want to make light of the Lafayette shooting and my hearts go out to the families of the two young women killed.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

http://www.people.com/article/hulk-hogan-racist-rant-statement

I know I posted it but honestly I just don't care when someone's at least honest about it. The dude is old.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Eh, whatever. He's just one man with an opinion. It's not like he had pull anymore. The guy is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jul 26, 2015, 12:02:53 AM

Totally this, if the victims were black there would be huge outrage already, or vice versa. But I think we all know something will come along soon, judging by what's happening down south.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 26, 2015, 04:43:09 AM
http://www.people.com/article/hulk-hogan-racist-rant-statement

I know I posted it but honestly I just don't care when someone's at least honest about it. The dude is old.

What he said wasn't smart obviously, but this whole scandal and outrage hyperbole scenario that happens all the time now is just tiresome. The fact they're virtually erasing him from everything is way way overboard as usual. OK he said something he shouldn't have, he's apologised, does everybody really need to drop him, fire him and totally exile him from civilisation!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed