In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,646 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 15, 2014, 11:21:24 AM
Quote from: Vertigo on Dec 15, 2014, 11:11:39 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 14, 2014, 04:56:41 PMThere was a time in Egypt when tourists were allowed to venture inside the pyramids.

I think it's still allowed. I can certainly vouch for the Red Pyramid still being open to the public.
And that's a bad thing. It's bad enough pollution is eating away at the pyramids and the Sphinx. People wandering about in them won't help.

I agree, though to be fair, it'll take a lot of feet to weather away those huge slabs of stone.
Could be worse though. I'm a volunteer at Avebury, which is the world's largest known Neolithic stone circle. They have a major road running through the middle, have livestock grazing on the land, and because the stones are completely unprotected they're occasionally vandalised. Not to mention that the Christians built a village over half of it a few hundred years ago.
The trouble is that the organisations that manage these heritage sites are typically cash-poor, mired in bureaucracy, and stuck with access facilities that date back decades. They don't have the money or the ambition to give these sites the treatment they really need to survive another few thousand years, beyond basic maintenance.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Sagittarius on Dec 15, 2014, 04:28:47 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/International/sydney-hostage-situation-people-flee-lindt-chocolate-shop/story?id=27600443

surprised this wasn't posted yet.  Well, looks like everything is under control, and several of the hostages have been released.

The worst part is that these morons are adding fuel to the anti-Islam fires that already exist out there.

Quote from: Vertigo on Dec 15, 2014, 05:04:24 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 15, 2014, 11:21:24 AM
Quote from: Vertigo on Dec 15, 2014, 11:11:39 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 14, 2014, 04:56:41 PMThere was a time in Egypt when tourists were allowed to venture inside the pyramids.

I think it's still allowed. I can certainly vouch for the Red Pyramid still being open to the public.
And that's a bad thing. It's bad enough pollution is eating away at the pyramids and the Sphinx. People wandering about in them won't help.

I agree, though to be fair, it'll take a lot of feet to weather away those huge slabs of stone.
Could be worse though. I'm a volunteer at Avebury, which is the world's largest known Neolithic stone circle. They have a major road running through the middle, have livestock grazing on the land, and because the stones are completely unprotected they're occasionally vandalised. Not to mention that the Christians built a village over half of it a few hundred years ago.
The trouble is that the organisations that manage these heritage sites are typically cash-poor, mired in bureaucracy, and stuck with access facilities that date back decades. They don't have the money or the ambition to give these sites the treatment they really need to survive another few thousand years, beyond basic maintenance.

It's because people don't care enough. Everyone forgets about our history and says f**k it.

First Blood

First Blood

The Taliban just gunned down about 120 kids inside a school. How do these people live with themselves, seriously? Makes me sick.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Even by Taliban standards, that's sick.

Sozin

Sozin

More happy news. :-X

Police in Pa. search for man suspected of killing ex-wife, 5 former in-laws

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/15/us/pennsylvania-shootings/

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/16/elves-deliver-shelter-puppies_n_6326952.html

QuoteThree elves delivered a newly adopted puppy to four lucky kids last Friday. The elves came courtesy of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter, in northern Virginia, which is -- for the first time -- offering any family interested in adopting a cat, dog, bird, mouse, or even the shelter's sole iguana, the option of having that pet delivered by costumed volunteers on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

Tis the season :)

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 15, 2014, 05:06:27 PM
Quote from: Sagittarius on Dec 15, 2014, 04:28:47 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/International/sydney-hostage-situation-people-flee-lindt-chocolate-shop/story?id=27600443

surprised this wasn't posted yet.  Well, looks like everything is under control, and several of the hostages have been released.

The worst part is that these morons are adding fuel to the anti-Islam fires that already exist out there.

I agree. I feel sorry for all the Muslims who just want to get on with their lives peacefully.

DoomRulz

Hubbs

Hubbs

Free everything all round!...because they're stressed and upset over what happened  ::)

First Blood

First Blood

f**k that. Make them earn it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.today.com/news/homeless-man-given-100-shocks-everyone-how-he-spends-it-1D80385367

QuoteLet's face it: Many of us hesitate to hand money to the homeless, concerned they will spend it in ways we'd consider unwise. But one man put that belief to the test ... and his surprising new video showing what happened after he gave a homeless man $100 has already racked up over 10 million views on YouTube.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

There is a difference between a homeless man and a bum. He should have taken a larger sample before stating success, however the dude is famous for creating dangerous situations here for a quick buck. So I bet he probably was taken a few times before he found someone that used the money for something good.

As far as the auto pass thing is concerned, if riots dramatically altered/affected ones "paid for" learning experience a grade of N would be a legitimate recourse. N meaning "No Grade". However tough shit on getting a fabricated grade. That would undermined the colleges entire accreditation.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 26, 2014, 10:16:45 PM
There is a difference between a homeless man and a bum. He should have taken a larger sample before stating success, however the dude is famous for creating dangerous situations here for a quick buck. So I bet he probably was taken a few times before he found someone that used the money for something good.

Perhaps. At least in the end he was able to find a warm-hearted, caring individual.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 26, 2014, 10:16:45 PM
As far as the auto pass thing is concerned, if riots dramatically altered/affected ones "paid for" learning experience a grade of N would be a legitimate recourse. N meaning "No Grade". However tough shit on getting a fabricated grade. That would undermined the colleges entire accreditation.

No one's going to spend on the research needed to prove it. It's all about "muh feelz".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed