In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,295 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well, I'm going to disagree with you on privilege at the very least, but I see where you're coming from.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Gate on Nov 27, 2014, 05:07:13 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 27, 2014, 11:07:03 AM
Quote from: WinterActual on Nov 27, 2014, 05:43:04 AM
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/09/05/video-vicious-hate-crime-in-missouri-blacks-attack-white-couple-race-hustlers-silent/ Its good that the cops were after them.
"Tea Party News Network" is a thing? Wow.

It's a vile crime that warrants punishment, no doubt. But according to official statements, the crime wasn't motivated by race, just a stupid confrontation at a bar.
Proof that people will take anything they can and turn it into a racial issue.

Errr I think that clip is proof of a racial attack if you ask me. Whatever happened at this bar (if that's true) was probably a racial thing too, that's probably the bigger picture, unknown who is in the wrong or not admittedly but I think the clip kinda speaks for itself  ::) Big group of black dudes beating a single white dude and his girlfriend!

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 27, 2014, 05:01:36 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 27, 2014, 08:32:05 AM
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/09/05/video-vicious-hate-crime-in-missouri-blacks-attack-white-couple-race-hustlers-silent/ Its good that the cops were after them.

Feck me they even batter the girl to the ground!!

Sharpton is the biggest racist and race card player of them all -_-

Seriously guys?

I was going to reply to your last post, but man, you are either the densest and most clueless little white privilege right-wing reactionary in denial I've stumbled upon in a looong time (well WinterActual is not far away, but at least he doesn't seem to be in denial). Either that or you are Rush Limbaugh trolling on these forums. I remember our discussion during and after the Trayvon Martin / Zimmerman case - that was painful. I kept proving you wrong time and time again - wrote long thesises, while you grabbed for straws or just ignored everything I wrote, and then finally just went MIA.

Are you serious about what you write? You didn't answer me on that the last time. I'm curious. Not that I think that I'm going to get an honest answer.

It's a vile crime that warrants punishment, no doubt. But according to official statements, the crime wasn't motivated by race, just a stupid confrontation at a bar.

I don't think Hubbs & WinterActual will get that...obviously.

"Tea Party News Network" - now that sounds like a really unbiased news source to me.

;D Mate your so obvious, quite a few people on here don't totally agree with you yet you ONLY attack me because you think I'm the easy target. Why? because like all the people rioting you're taking what you think is the easy option. And what am I in denial of exactly? lol! that all white people are monsters?

Everything I say you reply with...am I serious? am I just that dumb? am I that racist? Jesus Christ get a new line.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 27, 2014, 05:13:36 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 27, 2014, 11:20:20 AM
The big question really is did he have his hands up or not when officer Wilson open fire the second time. Out of state witnessed said that Brown was hunched over trying to surrender with one arm. Which to me makes sense considering that the bullet he took from behind hit him in the arm. Of course this would make the witnesses who claimed to have seen two arms up liars. Which I believe they are to be honest.

Still I thought the grand juries job was to decided if there was enough evidence to go to trail and not if there was probable cause. I mean honestly, probable cause is for a trail jury to decided or is Missouri's court system different than mine?

Witnesses from both sides diverge from both Johnson's (Brown's friend who was walking with Brown before Wilson confronted them)
Testimony and Wilson's. However Johnson's story matches more of the witnesses stories than Wilson's, but they still picked Wilson's story despite it all. And yes, Missouri's court system and laws are a mess.

Once again you say it yourself, the witnesses accounts are all over the place so why are you crying wolf about racism?
Yes it appears Missouri's laws/system is in need of a reshuffle...why is that the officer in questions fault? he just did his job, if anything you should all be moaning at the system.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 27, 2014, 05:29:07 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 27, 2014, 05:20:22 PM
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/09/05/video-vicious-hate-crime-in-missouri-blacks-attack-white-coup
le-race-hustlers-silent/
Its good that the cops were after them.

It's easier to blame one thing than look at the bigger picture.

Yeah, when adding such dastardly things such as history, societal structures (structural hierarchies & and baked in discrimination)
, cultural consensus, class, gender and privilege, things get uncomfortable and painful. Easier to ignore or try to redirect the discussion so it fits them a la FOX News.

LOL! so you're just totally blaming the single white dude and his girlfriend basically, just admit it, it couldn't possibly be any other way. For some reason you keep saying privilege all the time, seems to be your thing, a hidden jab.

WinterActual

WinterActual

things get uncomfortable and painful.

They don't if you are straight white caucasian male  ::)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 27, 2014, 05:30:44 PM

Errr I think that clip is proof of a racial attack if you ask me. Whatever happened at this bar (if that's true) was probably a racial thing too, that's probably the bigger picture, unknown who is in the wrong or not admittedly but I think the clip kinda speaks for itself  ::) Big group of black dudes beating a single white dude and his girlfriend!

I disagree. Sometimes, it's as simple as black guys who happened to be pissed off in that moment. Who's to say a group of white guys or brown guys would've behaved any differently?

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 27, 2014, 05:40:36 PM

I disagree. Sometimes, it's as simple as black guys who happened to be pissed off in that moment. Who's to say a group of white guys or brown guys would've behaved any differently?

Yes true I agree, any group of blokes could do the same thing in the heat of the moment. But I would imagine because of the timing of this and the scale of the attack it would swing more towards the events of this shooting. Like I said if it erupted from a bar then it was also probably down to some strong word exchanges but again who's to blame I dunno. It just doesn't look good.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 27, 2014, 05:01:36 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 27, 2014, 08:32:05 AM

Feck me they even batter the girl to the ground!!

Sharpton is the biggest racist and race card player of them all -_-

Seriously guys?

I was going to reply to your last post, but man, you are either the densest and most clueless little white privilege right-wing reactionary in denial I've stumbled upon in a looong time (well WinterActual is not far away, but at least he doesn't seem to be in denial). Either that or you are Rush Limbaugh trolling on these forums. I remember our discussion during and after the Trayvon Martin / Zimmerman case - that was painful. I kept proving you wrong time and time again - wrote long thesises, while you grabbed for straws or just ignored everything I wrote, and then finally just went MIA.

Are you serious about what you write? You didn't answer me on that the last time. I'm curious. Not that I think that I'm going to get an honest answer.

I don't think Hubbs & WinterActual will get that...obviously.

"Tea Party News Network" - now that sounds like a really unbiased news source to me.

;D Mate your so obvious, quite a few people on here don't totally agree with you yet you ONLY attack me because you think I'm the easy target. Why? because like all the people rioting you're taking what you think is the easy option. And what am I in denial of exactly? lol! that all white people are monsters?

Everything I say you reply with...am I serious? am I just that dumb? am I that racist? Jesus Christ get a new line.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 27, 2014, 05:13:36 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 27, 2014, 11:20:20 AM
The big question really is did he have his hands up or not when officer Wilson open fire the second time. Out of state witnessed said that Brown was hunched over trying to surrender with one arm. Which to me makes sense considering that the bullet he took from behind hit him in the arm. Of course this would make the witnesses who claimed to have seen two arms up liars. Which I believe they are to be honest.

Still I thought the grand juries job was to decided if there was enough evidence to go to trail and not if there was probable cause. I mean honestly, probable cause is for a trail jury to decided or is Missouri's court system different than mine?

Witnesses from both sides diverge from both Johnson's (Brown's friend who was walking with Brown before Wilson confronted them)
Testimony and Wilson's. However Johnson's story matches more of the witnesses stories than Wilson's, but they still picked Wilson's story despite it all. And yes, Missouri's court system and laws are a mess.

Once again you say it yourself, the witnesses accounts are all over the place so why are you crying wolf about racism?
Yes it appears Missouri's laws/system is in need of a reshuffle...why is that the officer in questions fault? he just did his job, if anything you should all be moaning at the system.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 27, 2014, 05:20:22 PM
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/09/05/video-vicious-hate-crime-in-missouri-blacks-attack-white-coup
le-race-hustlers-silent/
Its good that the cops were after them.

It's easier to blame one thing than look at the bigger picture.

Yeah, when adding such dastardly things such as history, societal structures (structural hierarchies & and baked in discrimination)
, cultural consensus, class, gender and privilege, things get uncomfortable and painful. Easier to ignore or try to redirect the discussion so it fits them a la FOX News.

LOL! so you're just totally blaming the single white dude and his girlfriend basically, just admit it, it couldn't possibly be any other way. For some reason you keep saying privilege all the time, seems to be your thing, a hidden jab.

So the answer is YES then, you are a troll. Thank you, no need for me to waste more time on you (like the last time..,).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 27, 2014, 05:44:10 PM

Yes true I agree, any group of blokes could do the same thing in the heat of the moment. But I would imagine because of the timing of this and the scale of the attack it would swing more towards the events of this shooting. Like I said if it erupted from a bar then it was also probably down to some strong word exchanges but again who's to blame I dunno. It just doesn't look good.

Ultimately, it's all about how the media presents it. I think the reason why we'd think this is a race crime because that's instinctual.

Gate

Gate

These riots have a mob mentality and that's what really needs to stop.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gate on Nov 27, 2014, 05:51:17 PM

You're talking about re-engineering human behaviour with such a suggestion. Good luck.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 27, 2014, 05:51:58 PM

You're talking about re-engineering human behaviour with such a suggestion. Good luck.
Eh, social justice has existed before the internet. I guess you're right.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 27, 2014, 05:50:17 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 27, 2014, 05:44:10 PM

Ultimately, it's all about how the media presents it. I think the reason why we'd think this is a race crime because that's instinctual.

Yeah again you're correct...but look at it! haha ;) its hard to try and make it seem better than it is. But I will admit I could be doing the exact same thing as all the people calling the shooting a racial attack without proper knowledge hehe. Its just this CCTV clip really doesn't leave that much for the imagination.

WinterActual

WinterActual

And it seems the people involved are brain dead. I've heard that they broke in liquor store lol... Not TV store, not clothing store, not gaming store, not electronics store but liquor store...  :laugh:

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Hundreds of thousands of people protest peacefully over several cities, and you guys focus on the violent few (0.01%), labeling everything as riots? Really? FOX News must be the main "news" source around these bends.

I'm out of here.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 27, 2014, 06:11:22 PM
Hundreds of thousands of people protest peacefully over several cities, and you guys focus on the violent few (0.01%), labeling it all as riots? Really? FOX News must be the main "news" source around these bends.

I'm out of here.

Haha, because 0.01 percent can cause this much damage:

My bad, mob mentality totally doesn't exist. And the anarchists totally haven't hijacked the point of these protests.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Gate on Nov 27, 2014, 06:18:24 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 27, 2014, 06:11:22 PM
Hundreds of thousands of people protest peacefully over several cities, and you guys focus on the violent few (0.01%), labeling it all as riots? Really? FOX News must be the main "news" source around these bends.

I'm out of here.

Haha, because 0.01 percent can cause this much damage:

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Ferguson-quicktrip.jpg

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/snitches-get-stitches1.jpg?w=640

My bad, mob mentality totally doesn't exist. And the anarchists totally haven't hijacked the point of these protests.

You don't need that many people to cause major destruction. And compared to hundreds of thousands of protestors nation wide the ones looting and burning are in the absolute minority.

But you are absolutely right - opportunistic anarchists and rage-laden mob mentality exist, which is quite apparent in the pictures you posted, and it's a shame that people give in to it and go that route, just like it is a shame that sensationalistic media won't give a damn about weeks/months of peaceful protests but will completely gorge in the riots, not thinking about the consequences of that kind of imbalanced media coverage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed