In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,625 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: The One and Only on Nov 26, 2014, 05:42:20 PM
Maybe Michael Brown would be alive if he'd follow these simple rules.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWF
That one don't work, have this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ#

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 26, 2014, 04:34:45 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 26, 2014, 03:50:57 PM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Nov 26, 2014, 02:27:40 PM
Quote from: SM on Nov 26, 2014, 07:03:21 AM
What was he going to kill the cop with?  Second hand smoke from the weed in his pocket?  Well, that's gotta be worth shooting a guy six times.

lolbloodthirstybullshittingconservatives

Brown tried to steal the cop's gun. This seems to be something that you cannot, for whatever reason, wrap your head around.

You don't know that for sure. It's word against word since Wilson and his colleagues police work after the incident was pretty shady and sloppy to say the least and the witnesses on both sides differed greatly even amongst the parties. This is not the clear-cut case people are trying to make.

I'm doing my best to stay out of this, but I have to ask. If it isn't so clear-cut, why are you so convinced this was racially motivated and nothing else?

We don't know if Wilson had a racial motive (i.e. hate crime) or not, we can only speculate.

What is clear though is that he thought it was ok to shoot to kill, firing 12 rounds wildly in a populated area against an unarmed man. The neighborhood is predominately African-American and so was the man he killed. Would he have acted in a different way if the target wasn't black and it all took place in a predominately white neighborhood? I would say yes, and I say that because structural racism is still alive and well and the racial bias against young blacks, and especially young black men, can't be denied. Whenever a (young) black person is killed by a non-black person is always considered justified or as self-defense, and the killer is always treated as the victim as (young) black men per definition are violent "thugs" that had it coming. With that horrible societal consensus in mind I'm not surprised that people don't feel much restraint whether to shoot to kill or not, because it is seen as kind of ok to shoot black people just like that ok, especially if they're young and your state's laws are outdated Wild West laws with plenty loopholes benefitting an almost all-white jury.

Just saying.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Yeah if he did indeed shoot and kill out of a racially motivated fear then he got off the hook.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 26, 2014, 05:24:56 PM
Because some folk just luuuv to play that race card...like the hundreds all out on the streets burning everything down and stirring everything up.

I know you can do better than that Mr. FOX News Right-Wing Troll.

QuoteHe shot at him wildly because the dude was charging at him intent on beating the shit outta him or something. Witnesses reported this and reported the officer clearly shouting at him to stop. He didn't stop even after being hit so the officer put him down. All this crap about him trying to surrender with his hands up is now known to be false.

Sorry to sound harsh but you don't read other people's posts do you? Or do you have reading comprehension problems? Or do you just cover your eyes and ears and go "Lalalablacksareevillalala!" ?

QuoteYou see that's just your emotions and PC influences coming through. I have actually read this guy has a very good clean record, has never had any issues and has never used his gun before. You can't blame bad protocol by others on him, I'm sure mistakes may have been made but that happens when people gotta do things that are out of the ordinary or haven't been done before. Just because this incident happened doesn't mean he's a shitty bad dirty cop all of sudden, again don't get sucked into social media hype.

My god you're killing me. Projecting so hard that I don't know where to begin.

I'm getting tired of repeating the same stuff over and over, but you just can't keep your aversion against black people bubbling up here at the news thread as soon as you get the chance.

You know what, if you're genuinely interested in what I have to say then read my latest reply to DoomRulz about if there was a racial motive or not involved.

No matter what, Wilson wiped away blood from his pistol, his car etc. on his own without reporting; he moved Brown's hat and his car. His coworkers didn't take photos or documented right away... Seriously, the list is endless. Sloppy, unorthodox or shady - call it whatever you want, still shirty police work.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

These types of issues are hard to keep separate from our emotions, unfortunately. That's what's really happening here.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 26, 2014, 07:34:03 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 26, 2014, 04:34:45 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 26, 2014, 03:50:57 PM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Nov 26, 2014, 02:27:40 PM
Quote from: SM on Nov 26, 2014, 07:03:21 AM
What was he going to kill the cop with?  Second hand smoke from the weed in his pocket?  Well, that's gotta be worth shooting a guy six times.

lolbloodthirstybullshittingconservatives

Brown tried to steal the cop's gun. This seems to be something that you cannot, for whatever reason, wrap your head around.

You don't know that for sure. It's word against word since Wilson and his colleagues police work after the incident was pretty shady and sloppy to say the least and the witnesses on both sides differed greatly even amongst the parties. This is not the clear-cut case people are trying to make.

I'm doing my best to stay out of this, but I have to ask. If it isn't so clear-cut, why are you so convinced this was racially motivated and nothing else?

We don't know if Wilson had a racial motive (i.e. hate crime) or not, we can only speculate.

What is clear though is that he thought it was ok to shoot to kill, firing 12 rounds wildly in a populated area against an unarmed man. The neighborhood is predominately African-American and so was the man he killed. Would he have acted in a different way if the target wasn't black and it all took place in a predominately white neighborhood? I would say yes, and I say that because structural racism is still alive and well and the racial bias against young blacks, and especially young black men, can't be denied. Whenever a (young) black person is killed by a non-black person is always considered justified or as self-defense, and the killer is always treated as the victim as (young) black men per definition are violent "thugs" that had it coming. With that horrible societal consensus in mind I'm not surprised that people don't feel much restraint whether to shoot to kill or not, because it is seen as kind of ok to shoot black people just like that ok, especially if they're young and your state's laws are outdated Wild West laws with plenty loopholes benefitting an almost all-white jury.

Just saying.

Dude! so what the feck are you and everyone else whining about??!! you just said it!! we don't know, only Wilson knows, so why are you and everybody (certain people) in Ferguson calling racism??!! You can't say he would have acted differently in a white neighbourhood...that IS racist and complete speculation -_- good grief!

And you said Wilson was a shitty cop, you didn't say 'shirty police work', you called him a shitty cop. You said that because your emotions are calling the shots and your just lashing out. Just because this happened it doesn't make him a shitty cop, I repeat the man had a clean solid record up to this point. He may have fudged up his procedures but we don't know if it was done on purpose or not. Seeing as the man has never been involved in this type of incident (so I've read, he's never used his gun), you could say he made mistakes from nerves and not being experienced in such an major incident. That's entirely possible and understandable to a degree. Everyone acts differently in major incidents and I've had my fair share of that crapola.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 26, 2014, 08:37:38 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 26, 2014, 05:24:56 PM
Because some folk just luuuv to play that race card...like the hundreds all out on the streets burning everything down and stirring everything up.

I know you can do better than that Mr. FOX News Right-Wing Troll.

Mate this is THE biggest use of playing the race card I've seen for some time, really stirring the pot  ::) and more and more people are seeing it now if you read around. Its been pushed too far.

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Nov 26, 2014, 06:28:02 PM
Quote from: The One and Only on Nov 26, 2014, 05:42:20 PM
Maybe Michael Brown would be alive if he'd follow these simple rules.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWF
That one don't work, have this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ#

;D funny because its true!

WinterActual

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: WinterActual on Nov 27, 2014, 05:43:04 AM
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/09/05/video-vicious-hate-crime-in-missouri-blacks-attack-white-couple-race-hustlers-silent/ Its good that the cops were after them.

Feck me they even batter the girl to the ground!!

Sharpton is the biggest racist and race card player of them all -_-

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/09/05/video-vicious-hate-crime-in-missouri-blacks-attack-white-couple-race-hustlers-silent/ Its good that the cops were after them.
"Tea Party News Network" is a thing? Wow.

It's a vile crime that warrants punishment, no doubt. But according to official statements, the crime wasn't motivated by race, just a stupid confrontation at a bar.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The big question really is did he have his hands up or not when officer Wilson open fire the second time. Out of state witnessed said that Brown was hunched over trying to surrender with one arm. Which to me makes sense considering that the bullet he took from behind hit him in the arm. Of course this would make the witnesses who claimed to have seen two arms up liars. Which I believe they are to be honest.

Still I thought the grand juries job was to decided if there was enough evidence to go to trail and not if there was probable cause. I mean honestly, probable cause is for a trail jury to decided or is Missouri's court system different than mine?

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 27, 2014, 08:32:05 AM

Feck me they even batter the girl to the ground!!

Sharpton is the biggest racist and race card player of them all -_-

Seriously guys?

I was going to reply to your last post, but man, you are either the densest and most clueless little white privilege right-wing reactionary in denial I've stumbled upon in a looong time (well WinterActual is not far away, but at least he doesn't seem to be in denial). Either that or you are Rush Limbaugh trolling on these forums. I remember our discussion during and after the Trayvon Martin / Zimmerman case - that was painful. I kept proving you wrong time and time again - wrote long thesises, while you grabbed for straws or just ignored everything I wrote, and then finally just went MIA.

Are you serious about what you write? You didn't answer me on that the last time. I'm curious. Not that I think that I'm going to get an honest answer.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 27, 2014, 11:07:03 AM

It's a vile crime that warrants punishment, no doubt. But according to official statements, the crime wasn't motivated by race, just a stupid confrontation at a bar.

I don't think Hubbs & WinterActual will get that...obviously.

"Tea Party News Network" - now that sounds like a really unbiased news source to me.

Gate

Gate

Proof that people will take anything they can and turn it into a racial issue.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 27, 2014, 11:20:20 AM
The big question really is did he have his hands up or not when officer Wilson open fire the second time. Out of state witnessed said that Brown was hunched over trying to surrender with one arm. Which to me makes sense considering that the bullet he took from behind hit him in the arm. Of course this would make the witnesses who claimed to have seen two arms up liars. Which I believe they are to be honest.

Still I thought the grand juries job was to decided if there was enough evidence to go to trail and not if there was probable cause. I mean honestly, probable cause is for a trail jury to decided or is Missouri's court system different than mine?

Witnesses from both sides diverge from both Johnson's (Brown's friend who was walking with Brown before Wilson confronted them)
Testimony and Wilson's. However Johnson's story matches more of the witnesses stories than Wilson's, but they still picked Wilson's story despite it all. And yes, Missouri's court system and laws are a mess.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gate on Nov 27, 2014, 05:07:13 PM

It's easier to blame one thing than look at the bigger picture.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 27, 2014, 05:20:22 PM
Quote from: Gate on Nov 27, 2014, 05:07:13 PM
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/09/05/video-vicious-hate-crime-in-missouri-blacks-attack-white-coup
le-race-hustlers-silent/
Its good that the cops were after them.

It's easier to blame one thing than look at the bigger picture.

Yeah, when adding such dastardly things such as history, societal structures (structural hierarchies & and baked in discrimination)
, cultural consensus, class, gender and privilege, things get uncomfortable and painful. Easier to ignore or try to redirect the discussion so it fits them a la FOX News.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed