In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,664 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I feel the most sympathy for the riot police right now. I'd hate to be the guy behind the shield dealing with the street violence. Why? Because he's a bad guy by proxy.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I wonder how long the riots will last this time

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: SM on Nov 25, 2014, 06:04:38 AM
I only have a cursory knowledge of the details, but if you've got a number of conflicting witness statements and the medical examiner saying he wasn't shot in the back as was widely reported, what are they going to hit the copper with?  (I say this as someone appalled but unsurprised by the unending amount of gun violence in the US).

Missouri has whole bunch of outdated trigger happy laws and crazy loopholes that makes it really easy for a shooter, and especially a cop, to get off scot-free, especially if the grand jury and judge etc. don't care or is biased. For Officer Wilson to be indicted and prosecuted at least nine out twelve of the jury have to agree, and vice versa. No consensus needed.

Now combine that with the case that nine off the jury members are white (the majority of them men), and only three of them black. Then add to the fact that the lethal fire and excessive force ratio used against unarmed (young) black people (men) is several times higher than compared to other populations and we got a winner. Killing a young black male is always justified and self-defense in the public eye, because a killed young black man - even unarmed - is one violent "thug" less...right? Shooting of Rodney King, Fruitvale, the Zimmerman case are just the tip of an iceberg.

Anyways, Brown was no saint (he stole smokes and stuff from a store right before he was shot), but that doesn't give officer Wilson the right to shoot to kill (firing 6 rounds!) an unarmed teenager from afar just because he found him scary (he called him a "300 pound demon" in one of the hearings).

It is also unclear wether Wilson filed a report right away or waited to file a report about the incident.

There are plenty of more question marks about the case (such as the witnesses and evidence) and how it was handled as well as Missouri law.

Officer Wilson getting away like this is, just like I said, the tip of an iceberg.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 25, 2014, 12:02:06 PM
I feel the most sympathy for the riot police right now. I'd hate to be the guy behind the shield dealing with the street violence. Why? Because he's a bad guy by proxy.

Where was the riot police or militarized police squad during the Bundy Ranch incident? Nowhere. White armed vigilantes by the hundreds threatening to kill any government person entering Bundy's property is no big deal.

And btw the Furgeson demonstrations where huge. Hundreds of thousands of people demonstrated peacefully in multiple cities for weeks. I was there in Oakland and the people who rioted/looted we're like 20 to 30 people tops, whereas the peaceful protestors were in the thousands. But let's focus on the 0.01% who are rioting and looting, because that is more important.

Seems like FOX News and sensational media won the media battle.

Hubbs

Hubbs

I don't understand the people in Ferguson, none of them are willing to look at or accept the truth. Brown robbed a store and was stopped because of that, when this happened he attacked the officer knowing he was in the shit. Brown went for the officers gun in a struggle whilst the officer was in the car, two shots fired. Brown then ran off as shots fired and was told to stop, Brown stopped, turned and then charged the officer, shots fired again...I believe. The officer did nothing wrong.

Brown was 6'4 and around 15 stone despite his age and he completely overpowered the officer as he would most folk I'm sure at that size.

It has now been said over and over physical evidence had contradicted some of the witness statements.. Translation...the witnesses lied, it now comes out that many said they didn't see what happened. Brown didn't have his hands up trying to surrender and was not shot entirely in the back. 60 witnesses and all pretty much bs basically, stories flying about all over the place. Oh and the autopsy backed the officers report also I might add.

I have also read that Brown's mother and family were told the outcome before it was made public. What we all saw when it was made public was an act to encourage more outrage! One of his relations immediately calling out 'burn this b**** down!', says it all really.

I still can't believe the sheer nerve of people in the US that think they have the right to riot and act like this, everybody is basically acting on social media rumours that have spread like wildfire. No one is actually willing to accept the truth, no its easier to call racism because that's all some folk know what to do. Talk about jumping on the bandwagon!

Obama didn't help by not outrightly backing the decision, that man should not be in power as he clearly has conflictions. 'an understandable reaction'...really!! oh well done Obama.

It might sound 'edgy' but again...do you see white communities going nuts when a white person is killed by a cop or maybe a black cop/person? Apparently some black folk in the US seem to think they have a right not to obey the police and then act like this when it all blows up in their face. Outrageous behaviour, they get no sympathy.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 25, 2014, 04:23:42 PM

Where was the riot police or militarized police squad during the Bundy Ranch incident? Nowhere. White armed vigilantes by the hundreds threatening to kill any government person entering Bundy's property is no big deal.

And btw the Furgeson demonstrations where huge. Hundreds of thousands of people demonstrated peacefully in multiple cities for weeks. I was there in Oakland and the people who rioted/looted we're like 20 to 30 people tops, whereas the peaceful protestors were in the thousands. But let's focus on the 0.01% who are rioting and looting, because that is more important.

Who's talking about any of that? I'm just saying it would suck to be a cop having to deal with all of the fallout.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 25, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Who's talking about any of that? I'm just saying it would suck to be a cop having to deal with all of the fallout.

I agree, damned if you and damned if you don't.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 25, 2014, 05:11:54 PM
I don't understand the people in Ferguson, none of them are willing to look at or accept the truth. Brown robbed a store and was stopped because of that, when this happened he attacked the officer knowing he was in the shit. Brown went for the officers gun in a struggle whilst the officer was in the car, two shots fired. Brown then ran off as shots fired and was told to stop, Brown stopped, turned and then charged the officer, shots fired again...I believe. The officer did nothing wrong.

Brown was 6'4 and around 15 stone despite his age and he completely overpowered the officer as he would most folk I'm sure at that size.

It has now been said over and over physical evidence had contradicted some of the witness statements.. Translation...the witnesses lied, it now comes out that many said they didn't see what happened. Brown didn't have his hands up trying to surrender and was not shot entirely in the back. 60 witnesses and all pretty much bs basically, stories flying about all over the place. Oh and the autopsy backed the officers report also I might add.

I have also read that Brown's mother and family were told the outcome before it was made public. What we all saw when it was made public was an act to encourage more outrage! One of his relations immediately calling out 'burn this b**** down!', says it all really.

I still can't believe the sheer nerve of people in the US that think they have the right to riot and act like this, everybody is basically acting on social media rumours that have spread like wildfire. No one is actually willing to accept the truth, no its easier to call racism because that's all some folk know what to do. Talk about jumping on the bandwagon!

Obama didn't help by not outrightly backing the decision, that man should not be in power as he clearly has conflictions. 'an understandable reaction'...really!! oh well done Obama.

It might sound 'edgy' but again...do you see white communities going nuts when a white person is killed by a cop or maybe a black cop/person? Apparently some black folk in the US seem to think they have a right not to obey the police and then act like this when it all blows up in their face. Outrageous behaviour, they get no sympathy.

Before I waste my time to reply I must ask you if you are sincere or are you really this dense, or are you this reactionary and racist in denial, or just out trolling people for shits and giggles? I have a hard time to tell reading your previous posts, especially concerning non-white people (non-western or just in general).

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 25, 2014, 05:24:38 PM

Hilarious.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Regardless of whether you agree with the verdict, responding to violence with more violence and destruction doesn't help the situation. It just makes these protesters look stupid.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 25, 2014, 05:36:24 PM
Hilarious.

What's so funny? You honestly think being a riot cop right now in Ferguson is a fun job?

BANE

BANE

Again, it's because the witnesses couldn't get their facts straight and changed their stories to match the autopsy reports.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 25, 2014, 05:11:54 PM

Before I waste my time to reply I must ask you if you are sincere or are you really this dense, or are you this reactionary and racist in denial, or just out trolling people for shits and giggles? I have a hard time to tell reading your previous posts, especially concerning non-white people, non-western or just in general.

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 25, 2014, 05:24:38 PM

Hilarious.

So everybody who believes what the Grand Jury has said with autopsy reports and the fact that witnesses all contradicted themselves...is racist? -_-

I look at the truth which I guess makes me racist in your eyes huh  ::)

Dude seriously, get off the bandwagon and think for yourself and hell maybe if you actually read what I said (or maybe what the grand jury said and what is now known) maybe you'd have a clue.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 25, 2014, 05:42:13 PM
Regardless of whether you agree with the verdict, responding to violence with more violence and destruction doesn't help the situation. It just makes these protesters look stupid.

Hilarious.

What's so funny? You honestly think being a riot cop right now in Ferguson is a fun job?

And you missed my point.

My "hilarious" comment was directed more to Hubbs.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Oh, fair enough.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Yeah because the situation the police are in now within Ferguson is hilarious  ::)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

HUBBS

"So everybody who believes what the Grand Jury has said with autopsy reports and the fact that witnesses all contradicted themselves...is racist? -_-"

If you read anything that I wrote you'll see that it isn't as simple and clear as you disingenuously try to make it sound like. Missouri law is outdated and with tons of loopholes, grand jury doesn't need a unanimous decision to decide whether guilty or not, grand jury consisted of 9 whites and 3 blacks, Wilson didn't file his report until much later, Brown was unarmed and shot SIX TIMES from afar with deadly intent...

However, your hunt on black men on these forums are just as laughable and infamous as clueless. Don't act as if you're surprised being called out, because you sound more and more like Ted Nugent, Rush Limbaugh & co for every post passing by.

"I look at the truth which I guess makes me racist in your eyes huh"

What truth? Whose truth? You pick and choose, then completely ignore everything said that doesn't fit your western white superiority world-view where the only ok non-white males are the Uncle Toms.

"Dude seriously, get off the bandwagon and think for yourself and hell maybe if you actually read what I said (or maybe what the grand jury said and what is now known) maybe you'd have a clue."

Projecting much???

Seriously, stop acting as if you're unbiased, politically neutral, independent and sober minded. I know I'm far to the left and that I'm quite PC, and I'm not trying to hide it.

You're not fooling anyone except yourself.

"Yeah because the situation the police are in now within Ferguson is hilarious."

Yeah, let's forget about weeks and months of massive yet peaceful protests and demonstrations, across several cities, with little to no rioting and looting. Let's forget about how the peaceful protesters were greeted by cops packing military equipment and vehicles ready to fight. Let's continue to ignore the constructive dialogues that have been taking place during those weeks...

No, Let's just focus on the few who are violent and let them represent the peaceful absolute majority, because that's fair, right? Because after all these incidents with young unarmed blacks purposely being shot to death  by both civilians and the police followed by absolutely NO repercussions or change of the laws, is nothing to be upset about and has no historical bearing or relevance whatsoever, right? Black people should just stop being so violent, lazy, ungrateful and full of disease and Islam, right?

I find that hilarious.

SM

SM

QuoteBefore I waste my time to reply I must ask you if you are sincere or are you really this dense, or are you this reactionary and racist in denial, or just out trolling people for shits and giggles?

It's a), b) and c).  Except the denial bit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed