In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,679 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 22, 2014, 03:45:27 AM
Silly ass complaint. In a world filled with silly complaints.

Amen. TRU can simply put all of the adult collector's stuff in a different aisle. In fact,
http://www.change.org/p/toys-r-us-keep-breaking-bad-and-other-adult-collector-figures-on-tru-shelves

Yes, I've signed it. As someone who regularly buys collector's toys, I think pulling them is a stupid idea.

Rong

Rong

as collector wouldn't you normally buy online?

or from a smaller speciality shop?

i'm surprised toy r us stocked them in the first place.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Online is a good place to check but the trouble is that most of the places I'd be buying from are located in the States, so between shipping and potential import charges, I'd rather not. As for the specialty shops, sure I go to them as well but I like having variety. It forces competitive pricing.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh lets be honest, more and more adults are buying toys for themselves these days.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Are they?

Cvalda

Cvalda

/prolonged cultural adolescence

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Cvalda on Oct 22, 2014, 12:21:45 PM
/prolonged cultural adolescence

:laugh: You never had and adolescence so you mad.  ;)

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 22, 2014, 11:48:11 AM
Oh lets be honest, more and more adults are buying toys for themselves these days.

Lets be honest, more 'toys' are being crafted like affordable works of art these days. People have been collecting shit (Hoarding treasures) for as long as there have been caves to keep said shit in. Nothing new.

On the subject of TRU ... there are crazy violent toys (gore/dismemberment full visible in package) in a separate aisle. These Breaking Bad figures just look like regular joes unless you have context of where they belong in pop culture. 

First Blood

First Blood

Toy R Us have been carrying McFarlane and Clive Barker's gore figures for years. 

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

They've had Aliens and Predators.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 22, 2014, 01:39:15 PM
Toy R Us have been carrying McFarlane and Clive Barker's gore figures for years.

Aw schucks, I've never seen them! The NECA stuff is coming in quite steadily nowadays but I've never seen McF toys.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Shasvre

Shasvre

Fox Hit With $250M 'Simpsons' Lawsuit By 'Goodfellas' Actor

http://deadline.com/2014/10/simpsons-lawsuit-goodfellas-character-rip-off-fox-857282/

Eva

Eva

Uh, wouldn't it be whoever owns the intellectual rights to the character he played in GoodFellas that has... the rights to the character?

DoomRulz

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Oct 22, 2014, 05:03:21 PM
Uh, wouldn't it be whoever owns the intellectual rights to the character he played in GoodFellas that has... the rights to the character?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed