In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,475 times)

SM

SM

To make sure you get put on the next plane back.

tavianini19

tavianini19

Ok sure.  :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/10/21/Incredibly-GamerGate-is-winning-but-you-won-t-read-that-anywhere-in-the-terrified-liberal-media/

QuoteOne of the things people said would happen with the GamerGate consumer revolt, whose stated aim is to raise standards in video games journalism, is that after an initial flurry of haphazard activism, and a few scary "misogynist" allegations, the movement would die quietly.

That hasn't happened, largely because most people in the video games industry, and even some outside it, can see that the mud being slung at gamers isn't sticking. Opinions like this - that gamers are the real victims here - from my colleague Noah Dulis, are becoming commonplace.

Quote from: SM on Oct 21, 2014, 02:20:35 AM
That's not a spidah

I'll see your funnel web spider and raise you...

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 21, 2014, 11:05:57 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/10/21/Incredibly-GamerGate-is-winning-but-you-won-t-read-that-anywhere-in-the-terrified-liberal-media/

QuoteOne of the things people said would happen with the GamerGate consumer revolt, whose stated aim is to raise standards in video games journalism, is that after an initial flurry of haphazard activism, and a few scary "misogynist" allegations, the movement would die quietly.

That hasn't happened, largely because most people in the video games industry, and even some outside it, can see that the mud being slung at gamers isn't sticking. Opinions like this - that gamers are the real victims here - from my colleague Noah Dulis, are becoming commonplace.

Lol, classic Milo. Wonder if he managed to delete all his previous anti-gamer tweets before becoming the self appointed "leader" of the gamer gate movement.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Oscar Pistorius was sentenced to five years in prison.

Vickers

Vickers

Now South Africa won't have to hear about it - as much - for another 10 months (because, that is probably what he will end up serving in prison and then the rest will be house arrest). There's a lot of debate on whether it was too lenient of a sentence but he does still have some supporters. But it is what it is and he will still have to live with what he did for the rest of his life, and knowing that a large part of the public hate him.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Speaking of Pistorius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMfRYF1cXgA#ws

When the people clap like crazy over him opening a safe, it's because of a joke he made earlier about 'murica and their guns.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 21, 2014, 02:55:16 PM
Speaking of Pistorius:

When the people clap like crazy over him opening a safe, it's because of a joke he made earlier about 'murica and their guns.

He lost me with that horrible attempt at a South African accent. Also, not everyone here sounds like that guy from District 9 which is the accent he seemed to be trying to imitate. :P

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Oct 21, 2014, 02:00:55 PM
Oscar Pistorius was sentenced to five years in prison.

:(

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Vickers on Oct 21, 2014, 03:10:49 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 21, 2014, 02:55:16 PM
Speaking of Pistorius:

He lost me with that horrible attempt at a South African accent. Also, not everyone here sounds like that guy from District 9 which is the accent he seemed to be trying to imitate. :P
Aww, his accent was when I laughed the hardest, along with the made up argument with Reeva.

This is one of the few bits of Jim Jefferies I've ever burst out laughing at.

Vickers

Vickers

The made up argument was funny. :P

SM

SM

Quote from: Vickers on Oct 21, 2014, 02:05:05 PM
Now South Africa won't have to hear about it - as much - for another 10 months (because, that is probably what he will end up serving in prison and then the rest will be house arrest). There's a lot of debate on whether it was too lenient of a sentence but he does still have some supporters. But it is what it is and he will still have to live with what he did for the rest of his life, and knowing that a large part of the public hate him.

I thought it was a bit lenient and I was a big fan of Pistorius before this happened.  Steenkamps family seemed satisfied which is probably the main thing.

Quote from: SM on Oct 21, 2014, 02:20:35 AM
That's not a spidah

I'll see your funnel web spider and raise you...

The sound you hear is the entire point flying over your head....

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: SM on Oct 21, 2014, 09:08:53 PM
Quote from: Vickers on Oct 21, 2014, 02:05:05 PM

I thought it was a bit lenient and I was a big fan of Pistorius before this happened.  Steenkamps family seemed satisfied which is probably the main thing.

Yup, I agree. He deserves a longer sentence or he deserves to stay in jail for the full 5 years at the very least.

Look, he's going to a crappy prison and he's going to have to sit with this weight on his mind for at least 10 months. So there's that. At one point I was worried he was going to get off even lighter than that. Then when the house arrest is over, he'll have to face the public and most of the country hates him now.

But I don't like the message this sends across. If this were someone else with less money for lawyer representation, they'd have it much worse. And it is a very light sentence for killing someone, even if it wasn't intentional and it was down to negligence.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Pickup artists are stuffing rubber vaginas with cash and hiding them around L.A.
http://www.salon.com/2014/10/21/pickup_artists_are_stuffing_rubber_vaginas_with_cash_and_hiding_them_around_l_a/

QuoteIf you happen to be in Los Angeles, and you happen to see something that appears to be an industrial flashlight hiding in plain sight, pick it up. It is probably not actually a flashlight, but a Fleshlight, the infamous rubber vagina sex toy for men who value discretion. Oh, and it is also probably stuffed with cash.

The makers of Fleshlight have reportedly teamed up with the pickup artist group Simple Pickup, the wonder boys behind YouTube classics "BOOBS: Drunk Times With Hot Girls" and "Simple Mixology: Our Drinks Get Her Wet," for a joint promotion ostensibly aimed at lonely men. According to LAist, the sex toy company gave the PUA crew $10,000 to produce a promotional video, but Simple Pickup came up with a better way to spend the money: Use it to pack 200 Fleshlights with 20s (and the occasional 50) and hide them all over L.A. for aspiring PUAs to find. For every 100,000 views the promotional #FleshCash video receives Simple Pickup will hide another Fleshlight — but it'll have $100 in it instead of $20.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed