In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,622 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: tavianini19 on Oct 15, 2014, 08:35:43 PM
I work at a haunted theme park right now, so they black out my super white boy face so I blend in better for jump scares.

Ah. Is that fun?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: tavianini19 on Oct 15, 2014, 08:37:48 PM
Which one? Where my face was weirder looking than normal?

The one where you just screamed.

tavianini19

tavianini19

It's fun, but rather exhausting. Also not too good on the throat. Making predator sounds all night hurts.

And oh, that video...

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Well.. here's Shasvre's favourite blog.  :laugh:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10/09/child-bride-thea-norway_n_5957360.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Spoiler
It's actually a fake blog doe. Still.. totally Shasvre's favourite blog.
[close]
Spoiler
QuoteThe blog is actually a clever stunt from children's development charity Plan International, aiming to raise awareness of the fact that 39,000 children around the world are forced into marriage every day.

If the practice continues, 142 million girls marry before they are 18 over the next decade, according to the charity.

And Thea's blog includes blog posts by girls who really were married off at a young age, including 11-year-old Ranya from Bangladesh, and 15-year-old Latifa from Tanzania.
[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Blacklabel on Oct 15, 2014, 09:05:55 PM
Well.. here's Shasvre's favourite blog.  :laugh:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10/09/child-bride-thea-norway_n_5957360.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Spoiler
It's actually a fake blog doe. Still.. totally Shasvre's favourite blog.
[close]

Shas, NOOO!!!

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

:D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: tavianini19 on Oct 15, 2014, 09:00:30 PM
It's fun, but rather exhausting. Also not too good on the throat. Making predator sounds all night hurts.

And oh, that video...

I'll bet. You must be an expert at avoiding sore throats.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Especially since they're coming from all directions.

SM

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 15, 2014, 08:28:14 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 15, 2014, 08:17:47 PM
Origins of blackface are pretty clear, just cus you ignorant don't mean you get a free pass.

Back in the day, it was considered racist. The only reason people still see it that way is because they insist on clinging to that outdated idea.

lolcasualracism

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm serious. Why do we still cling to the old definition of black face? Could we not, as a society, choose to move past it? If you want to dress up as a black character for Halloween or for cosplay, wearing black face makes perfect sense.

SM

SM

:laugh:

The sad thing is - I already knew you were being serious.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Feminist games critic cancels talk after terror threat
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/15/anita-sarkeesian-feminist-games-critic-cancels-talk

QuoteThe feminist pop culture critic Anita Sarkeesian has been forced to cancel a talk at Utah State University, after a threat of a "Montreal Massacre-style attack".

Sarkeesian, who is best known for her YouTube series "Tropes v Women in Video Games", assessing various anti-feminist trends in gaming, was scheduled to talk at the university on Wednesday, when the unsigned email was sent.

The author of the email threatened that if the talk was not cancelled, they would carry out an attack in the style of the 1989 Montreal massacre, when Marc Lépine murdered 14 women, claiming he was "fighting feminism".

"I have at my disposal a semi-automatic rifle, multiple pistols, and a collection of pipe bombs," the letter said. "This will be the deadliest school shooting in American history and I'm giving you a chance to stop it."

"You have 24 hours to cancel Sarkeesian's talk ... Anita Sarkeesian is everything wrong with the feminist woman, and she is going to die screaming like the craven little whore that she is if you let her come to USU. I will write my manifesto in her spilled blood, and you will all bear witness to what feminist lies and poison have done to the men of America."

MRM! MRM!

QuoteInitially, Sarkeesian stated her intention to hold the talk despite the threat, but was forced to back down after discovering that it was impossible to prevent guns being taken to the event.

"Forced to cancel my talk at USU after receiving death threats because police wouldn't take steps to prevent concealed firearms at the event," she tweeted. "Requested pat downs or metal detectors after mass shooting threat but because of Utah's open carry laws police wouldn't do firearm searches."

The school confirmed Sarkeesian's explanation in a statement. "During the discussion, Sarkeesian asked if weapons will be permitted at the speaking venue. Sarkeesian was informed that, in accordance with the State of Utah law regarding the carrying of firearms, if a person has a valid concealed firearm permit and is carrying a weapon, they are permitted to have it at the venue."
Murica

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 15, 2014, 09:26:00 PM
I'm serious. Why do we still cling to the old definition of black face? Could we not, as a society, choose to move past it? If you want to dress up as a black character for Halloween or for cosplay, wearing black face makes perfect sense.

About as much sense as someone dressing up as a Native American.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 15, 2014, 01:01:38 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/14/masturbate-hockey-penalty_n_5983254.html

QuoteHere's a problem you don't see every day in an advice column: A single mom complained to Slate's Dear Prudence that her 14-year-old son is masturbating during his hockey games. The mother wrote that she lashed out at her son after finding out he was "intentionally going to the penalty box to pleasure himself."

Is this technically a form of shaming on her part?

That don't call it the sin bin for nothing. Holy shit. :laugh: :laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on Oct 15, 2014, 09:30:13 PM
Feminist games critic cancels talk after terror threat
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/15/anita-sarkeesian-feminist-games-critic-cancels-talk

QuoteThe feminist pop culture critic Anita Sarkeesian has been forced to cancel a talk at Utah State University, after a threat of a "Montreal Massacre-style attack".

Sarkeesian, who is best known for her YouTube series "Tropes v Women in Video Games", assessing various anti-feminist trends in gaming, was scheduled to talk at the university on Wednesday, when the unsigned email was sent.

The author of the email threatened that if the talk was not cancelled, they would carry out an attack in the style of the 1989 Montreal massacre, when Marc Lépine murdered 14 women, claiming he was "fighting feminism".

"I have at my disposal a semi-automatic rifle, multiple pistols, and a collection of pipe bombs," the letter said. "This will be the deadliest school shooting in American history and I'm giving you a chance to stop it."

"You have 24 hours to cancel Sarkeesian's talk ... Anita Sarkeesian is everything wrong with the feminist woman, and she is going to die screaming like the craven little whore that she is if you let her come to USU. I will write my manifesto in her spilled blood, and you will all bear witness to what feminist lies and poison have done to the men of America."

MRM! MRM!

QuoteInitially, Sarkeesian stated her intention to hold the talk despite the threat, but was forced to back down after discovering that it was impossible to prevent guns being taken to the event.

"Forced to cancel my talk at USU after receiving death threats because police wouldn't take steps to prevent concealed firearms at the event," she tweeted. "Requested pat downs or metal detectors after mass shooting threat but because of Utah's open carry laws police wouldn't do firearm searches."

The school confirmed Sarkeesian's explanation in a statement. "During the discussion, Sarkeesian asked if weapons will be permitted at the speaking venue. Sarkeesian was informed that, in accordance with the State of Utah law regarding the carrying of firearms, if a person has a valid concealed firearm permit and is carrying a weapon, they are permitted to have it at the venue."
Murica
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/7b/11/45/7b11458f263d79d432a9f155b38154b9.jpg

Lol, sure thing Anita. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of evidence she's provided to back up these claims. There will be no shooting. She's being her usual victim-y self.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed