In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,381 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://uproxx.com/webculture/2014/10/a-cosplayer-is-being-called-racist-for-her-blackface-michonne-from-the-walking-dead-costume/

QuoteCosplay enthusiast Kira Markeljc is facing the wrath of the Internet, truly the loudest of wraths, for going "blackface" in order to look like Michonne from The Walking Dead. The online ruckus began when, according to BuzzFeed, "Tumblr user narulein...posted her friend's makeup test on Tumblr last weekend." The German artist, who goes by Purple Candy Cosplay on Facebook, has been working on the get-up for awhile, and when the test picture went viral, she deleted it and posted this message.

Butthurt people are butthurt.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

hahahahahahahaha

Vickers

Vickers

Was she making fun of black people or was she doing anything that could be deemed racist? If not, people are overreacting.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Obviously she wasn't doing anything wrong. Just more Tumblr bullshit.

tavianini19

tavianini19

Quote from: Vickers on Oct 15, 2014, 06:24:40 PM
Was she making fun of black people or was she doing anything that could be deemed racist? If not, people are overreacting.
That's what people DO.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vickers on Oct 15, 2014, 06:24:40 PM

According to the article, no. She was just wearing skin paint.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Origins of blackface are pretty clear, just cus you ignorant don't mean you get a free pass.

BANE

BANE

Oh grow up Shadow.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 15, 2014, 08:17:47 PM
Origins of blackface are pretty clear, just cus you ignorant don't mean you get a free pass.

Back in the day, it was considered racist. The only reason people still see it that way is because they insist on clinging to that outdated idea.

tavianini19

tavianini19

Yeah. I'm in blackface for work, and nobody thinks it's racist.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Wait, what?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Zlol

tavianini19

tavianini19

I work at a haunted theme park right now, so they black out my super white boy face so I blend in better for jump scares.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: tavianini19 on Oct 15, 2014, 08:35:43 PM
I work at a haunted theme park right now, so they black out my super white boy face so I blend in better for jump scares.

Oh god, that video you posted earlier last week makes sense now.

tavianini19

tavianini19

Which one? Where my face was weirder looking than normal?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed