Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,665 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Sep 25, 2014, 03:35:54 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 25, 2014, 03:27:17 PM
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/19448/

QuoteExamples of abuse listed on the University of Michigan's domestic violence awareness website say "sexual violence" includes "withholding sex and affection" and "discounting the partner's feelings regarding sex" – definitions that have come under fire by some men's rights activists.

The terms, found under the heading "definitions," also suggest verbal or psychological abuse include: "insulting the partner; ignoring the partner's feelings; withholding approval as a form of punishment; yelling at the partner; labeling the partner with terms like crazy [and] stupid."

This is insanity. I mean, really? "Withholding sex and affection" is considered abuse?!

Withholding anything of value in a relationship for some sort of gain is abuse and it's up to the other person to either deal with it or move the f**k on. Laws and shit don't need to be made. One more thing the government can step into your life and 'correct.'

Essentially, basic relationship dynamics are being criminalised. How the hell are young men supposed to interact with women on campus now if they have to be wary of literally every single move they make?

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Doesn't it work both ways Doom? I mean, when is the last time you saw a man withhold sex from a woman as punishment? That's usually reverse.  :laugh:

Or are these laws for men only?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

This is targeting men specifically. Check out the graphic the article has linked, which is UofM's views on abuse. The language used gives it away.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Oh, us poor men, when will they ever think of us guys!

BANE

BANE

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 25, 2014, 04:02:39 PM
Oh, us poor men, when will they ever think of us guys!
Sooner or later the government is going to make you audition to keep your testicles, then you'll wonder why you kept saying this over and over again as the signs kept being shown to us by Doom.

I doubt you'll get to keep yours.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

There a great many men who don't use their dicks responsibly and should have their dicking license revoked.

But the real solution starts with the parents and shouldn't be left up to some big government.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Sep 25, 2014, 04:18:16 PM
There a great many men who don't use their dicks responsibly and should have their dicking license revoked.

But the real solution starts with the parents and shouldn't be left up to some big government.

And there are a great many women who don't use their pussies properly and should have their pussying license revoked. But, it's a fact of life that stupid people run amok.

You're right about the parents though.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 25, 2014, 04:22:14 PM
And there are a great many women who don't use their pussies properly and should have their pussying license revoked.

Just try, pal...

Spoiler

Pussie license! Pussiiie licence!
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Eva on Sep 25, 2014, 05:42:11 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 25, 2014, 04:22:14 PM
And there are a great many women who don't use their pussies properly and should have their pussying license revoked.

Just try, pal...

Spoiler

Pussie license! Pussiiie licence!
[close]

Lol, clever girl.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Eva on Sep 25, 2014, 05:42:11 PM
Spoiler

[close]

It actually looks like she is saying "lover class pussy pass."  :laugh:

Is that like when ... you are a higher tier craftsmen of your trade? 

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 25, 2014, 11:27:29 AM
This isn't news, but I didn't know where else to put this. My best mate shared this on Facebook; really got to me.

http://canyouactually.com/39-gut-wrenching-photos-of-the-reality-of-war-puts-everything-into-perspective/

Eh, thought it was emotionally manipulative bullshit expected of a facebook news feed.  :-\

Those images are already devastatingly powerful enough without that gimmicky dressing/ framing device in my opinion.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Gazz on Sep 26, 2014, 06:28:47 AM
This isn't news, but I didn't know where else to put this. My best mate shared this on Facebook; really got to me.

http://canyouactually.com/39-gut-wrenching-photos-of-the-reality-of-war-puts-everything-into-perspective/

Eh, thought it was emotionally manipulative bullshit expected of a facebook news feed.  :-\

Those images are already devastatingly powerful enough without that gimmicky dressing/ framing device in my opinion.
It's not gimmicky. It's trying to point out the stupid shit people bitch about all day when they have no room to talk.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Cal427eb on Sep 26, 2014, 06:30:42 AM
Quote from: Gazz on Sep 26, 2014, 06:28:47 AM

It's not gimmicky. It's trying to point out the stupid shit people bitch about all day when they have no room to talk.

But it's not all bitching. Like meeting a loved one at an airport or holding hands for example. The images these saccharine sentiments point to already convey this and more without us having our faces pressed into it, which renders the dressing entirely unnecessary. But here they're trivialised by being reduced to a single emotionally manipulative statement. It's the equivalent of someone telling you to stop complaining about being hungry because there are children starving in Africa.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 25, 2014, 03:40:59 PM
Essentially, basic relationship dynamics are being criminalised.

Er, nowhere in that article does it say anything about these activities been criminalized or legislated. They aren't talking about a legal document.

SM

SM

THIS IS HOW IT STARTS!!!  WIMIINZ R TAKING OVA!!!!!111!1

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed