Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,676 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

.....right.  :D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Cvalda is drawing energy from you guys hurts right now much like Aspie would. 

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 20, 2014, 12:31:10 AM

Cal is the only one in the fight though.

Cvalda

Cvalda

DANCE, PUPPETS, DANCE

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 20, 2014, 12:32:24 AM
DANCE, PUPPETS, DANCE

None of us here play DDR.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 20, 2014, 12:31:42 AM

Cal is the only one in the fight though.
Shadow, I wouldn't really even call it a fight. You know the face I'm always making behind the scenes.

Cvalda

Cvalda

lol, gamer and a weeb ;D

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 19, 2014, 11:50:01 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Sep 19, 2014, 11:43:15 PM
What do you have against gamers? You don't seem to be the type to associate with them anyway. If you want help building a big Auschwitz style oven for gamers you'll need to explain yourself to your devoted minions.
I would never advocate killing gamers, nice Godwin's law you've going on there ::)

I merely think they should be sterilized and have their civil liberties severely curtailed.

Again with the irony. Though I agree, a GREAT many people need to be sterilized and earn the right to be unsterilized by way of passing a test of some sort.

Also, limited welfare.

But seriously ... what's your beef with gamers in a nut shell?

Cvalda

Cvalda

I'm being facetious.

I do think video games are complete wastes of time, though, and that people who prioritize them are fools. ;D

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Just like movies, books, music, and every other form of entertainment. Why would somebody want to waste their time on that shit?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Except films, literature and music have actual artistic and cultural merit, and have had since their inception :) Video games are just a dumb hobby with virtually nothing in the way of real value, and are all instantly disposible and forgotten except to hardcore gamer nerds in the months following their release. Whereas great film, literature and music is still widely celebrated 30, 50, even hundreds of years after the fact.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 20, 2014, 01:21:12 AM
Except films, literature and music have actual artistic and cultural merit, and have had since their inception :) Video games are just a dumb hobby with virtually nothing in the way of real value, and are all instantly disposible and forgotten except to hardcore gamer nerds in the months following their release. Whereas great film, literature and music is still widely celebrated 30, 50, even hundreds of years after the fact.
Good sarcasm, man  8)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Cal and Magegg: a match made in heaven ;D

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Compared to other forms of art, the 'video game' is still in it's infancy.

I'd argue that some of them are HIGH ART ... while others are, as you said, disposable and forgotten easily. (Just like music, television, and film.)

It can be a great 'next step' in storytelling that's for sure.

They are great for keeping your brain active and sharpening your hand eye coordination.

But like anything else in life ... moderation is advised.

Cvalda

Cvalda

They've been around for almost forty years now. Forty years into film and it was already a mature, well-established, important and influential form of art.

Video games are basically still just Pong with better graphics and fancier window dressing, and the reason is that they just aren't very sophisticated by their nature. It's glorified, pixelized HD Shoots n' Ladders, and that ain't art either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed