In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,620 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Scotland is the new Texas.

And that satanic kids book isn't half bad.  :laugh:

Maybe we should make an Alien theology book and hand them out at schools too.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SM on Sep 17, 2014, 08:08:07 AM
Who's going to conquer them?  Zee Germans?

No, but it's a no brainer that when you're united you tend to have a strategic advantage and when you're divided you tend to have strategic disadvantage. There will certainly be change and likely not for the better for either side.

SM

SM

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 17, 2014, 08:39:17 AM

No, but it's a no brainer that when you're united you tend to have a strategic advantage and when you're divided you tend to have strategic disadvantage. There will certainly be change and likely not for the better for either side.

Depends if Scotland gives all the nukes back that are sitting under Garelochhead.  And if England remains as the US's biggest aircraft carrier.

Don't think they have much to worry about.

QuoteMaybe we should make an Alien theology book and hand them out at schools too.

"Guide Brother Kevin through the maze on his way to Heaven!"
"Word find!  Circle all the swear words that ain't against God!"
"Join the dots! What sharp object should Brother Jude not run with?"
"Colour in Juniors bruises that he received after a discussion of matters of the spirit!"

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Sep 17, 2014, 08:43:48 AM

Depends if Scotland gives all the nukes back that are sitting under Garelochhead.  And if England remains as the US's biggest aircraft carrier.

QuoteMaybe we should make an Alien theology book and hand them out at schools too.

"Guide Brother Kevin through the maze on his way to Heaven!"
"Word find!  Circle all the swear words that ain't against God!"
"Join the dots! What sharp object should Brother Jude not run with?"
"Colour in Juniors bruises that he received after a discussion of matters of the spirit!"
I'm pretty sure the issue with the nukes is that England simply doesn't want to store them on ENGLISH soil.

So use AlienĀ³ as a blueprint. Genius.

We could also add a facehugger who've done it mystery page too!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Robert Mugabe

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I have a feeling England would come to Scotland's defense out of a sense of companionship, even if Scotland was independent.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 17, 2014, 11:37:02 AM

I have a feeling England would come to Scotland's defense out of a sense of companionship, even if Scotland was independent.

I agree, if anything happened to Scotland England would help them despite what Westminster is threatening, its all crap scaremongering.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Scotland will want to join 'Murica. 

BANE

BANE

Or Canada. We'll give Britain Quebec if they give us Scotland.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hopefully they don't complain as much.

BANE

BANE

Plus, you know, they're not French...

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 16, 2014, 10:21:58 PM
I had never heard of that site until now. Ah well, there's tons of others out there at this point.
Yah it attracted mostly weeaboo girls way back in the early 2000s when anime was at its peak.

Quote from: Cal427eb on Sep 16, 2014, 11:09:04 PM
Quote from: Predator Queen on Sep 16, 2014, 08:02:10 PM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/36691bd88df6bab86a931000fa281767/tumblr_nbyqwkVV1P1r4v4jdo1_500.png

HOLY F**K

Jezz, I remember never leaving that site when I was a young weeaboo in training. I remember finding my first "lemon" in a public library and trying to hide the screen because I had no idea if this was even normal at the time. Just wow its almost bitter sweet.  As soon as Nickelodeon bought Quizilla I left *after they deleted all the R stuff* but wow I never thought this would happen.
What the f**k is a "lemon?"

*Waves cane* Back in my time instead of using NSFW as a term for dubious content it was called a Lemon.  Don't ask me why I don't know. 

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Scotland as an independent nation will fail and then fall victim to some other unruly country. I think the fear is Russia will find itself on Scottish shores before long. Succession is a fools cup of tea.

Vertigo

Vertigo

I imagine their economy will shrink due to moving businesses, removal of cost-cutting centralisation, and not benefitting from the union's economic powerhouse in London. Tourism may be impacted too if you suddenly need a passport to go all the way up the M6/74.

The rest of the UK also loses out on North Sea oil, and footing the sizeable costs of separation (I'm sure the nuclear arsenal is just the tip of the iceberg). Just seems like a lose-lose situation for everyone really, especially when you consider that Scotland already has its own parliament and its MPs have powers at Whitehall.

But I don't think either side of the island's in danger of invasion. Who would do it? All our enemies are halfway around the world.
The biggest military issue it presents is for those poor Falkland islanders, as a divided British military would be a perfect opportunity for Argentina to finally make good on their threats and take them.
Also means Britain would have less impact on the global stage generally, with two isolated forces rather than one bigger, co-ordinated one.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I kinda want to see what happens if Scotland does get independence. I don't think they will, but it'd be pretty cool.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed