In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,308 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 25, 2014, 10:02:00 PM
every now and again I will wear a baseball cap when it is raining but mostly I can't stand headgear.  So you'll never catch me in one of dem.

I'm the opposite, I feel naked without my cowboy hat when outside the house.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11056939/More-than-1400-children-abused-in-Rotherham-sex-abuse-scandal.html

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/rotherham-council-leader-resigns-over-child-sex-scandal-1-6805794

In the early to mid 2000s, child sexual exploitation had 'little priority' within South Yorkshire Police or Rotherham social services, the report said.

Child victims were often blamed for what had happened to them and no action was taken against the perpetrators.

Many in positions of authority failed to acknowledge that any kind of sexual activity with a child was a crime, meriting investigation and prosecution.

The investigation found almost all the perpetrators of child sexual exploitation were identified by victims as being of Pakistani-heritage.

While ethnic issues were a source of some apprehension to some officials, the investigation found no evidence they influenced decisions in individual cases.

However, there was a widespread perception some senior people in the council and the police wanted to 'downplay' the ethnic dimension to the crime.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

So, what, they were afraid to arrest perps due to their background?

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 26, 2014, 05:17:39 PM
So, what, they were afraid to arrest perps due to their background?

She said the first of these reports was "effectively suppressed" because senior officers did not believe the data. The other two were ignored, she added.

The report said: "By far the majority of perpetrators were described as Asian by victims." But, she said, councillors seemed to think is was a one-off problem they hoped would go away and "several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought racist".

She added: "Others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so."

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/26/rotherham-children-sexually-abused-report

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Jesus Christ, this hypersensitivity to people's "feelings" has really run amok, hasn't it?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 25, 2014, 11:26:25 PM
every now and again I will wear a baseball cap when it is raining but mostly I can't stand headgear.  So you'll never catch me in one of dem.

By far the most worn headpiece I've ever had is my ACU patrol cap and only because its part of the uniform.  I just don't like hats mang, I really don't know why. 

The second most used hat I ever wore was a Kubota mesh cap at my old work that I'd wear outside when it was coldish or raining. 

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 27, 2014, 05:25:05 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 25, 2014, 11:26:25 PM

By far the most worn headpiece I've ever had is my ACU patrol cap and only because its part of the uniform.  I just don't like hats mang, I really don't know why. 

The second most used hat I ever wore was a Kubota mesh cap at my old work that I'd wear outside when it was coldish or raining.

I once tried the no hat scenario in high school because of other hats I tried and didn't like, it resulted in a burning sunburn of the scalp that made my hair look more thinned out than it actually was (it was bad), that's when someone let me try on their straw cowboy hat, and the relationship between me and cowboy hats developed from there.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/386267/feminists-say-roofie-detecting-nail-polish-actually-also-rape-culture-katherine-timpf

QuoteA group of college students have invented a nail polish that changes color if it comes into contact with date-rape drugs. Many see it as a useful invention because it might help women protect themselves, but, of course, some say anything that might help women protect themselves is actually offensive to women because that promotes rape culture.

*sigh*

ShadowPred

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I've never had nutella before.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

me either but it looks gross so no

ISIS might f**k around long enough that I get an actual combat deployment. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed