In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,412 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 04, 2014, 04:03:44 AM
It will probably get to the UK I'm sure of it, we have a massive African population here in London, they come and go all the time, no restrictions, no control, no need for any kind of permit apparently, passports given out like toilet paper. Our boarder control is a joke (as the entire of Europe knows), its only a matter of time, money on the table now.

Holy Apartheid flashbacks, Batman!

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 04, 2014, 04:26:04 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 04, 2014, 04:03:44 AM
It will probably get to the UK I'm sure of it, we have a massive African population here in London, they come and go all the time, no restrictions, no control, no need for any kind of permit apparently, passports given out like toilet paper. Our boarder control is a joke (as the entire of Europe knows), its only a matter of time, money on the table now.

Holy Apartheid flashbacks, Batman!

Its true, the UK could easily get Ebola, there is nothing in place to even attempt spotting it coming in. It may sound un-PC but unfortunately this is how many people now think in the UK and thusly nothing gets done, thusly the UK stands a high chance of catching the disease. You can try and shove it under the carpet all you wish but the fact is the threat is there and anyone travelling from certain areas in Africa COULD be infected, there has to be a plan.

I read yesterday that all airports in Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia etc...have now had some kind of temperature scanning devices installed (something like that) to try and detect anyone leaving or entering the country with high temperatures, anything that might indicate a possible infection.

The UK MUST do something at our end with the high number of Africans that enter the country, otherwise there might be trouble. The BBC keeps saying there is a low risk but I don't believe a word of it, only takes one person.

Is this accurate/true? cover up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28634903

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 04, 2014, 04:18:19 AM
Well, didn't take long for the racism to come out on that one.

Ebola only effectively transmits through direct contact of the bodily fluids and secretions of an infected individual. That's a really shitty way to get widespread infection. It won't get far.

We shut down the SARS virus in 2003, and that was a far more effective spreader. We'll shut down this if it starts to get out of hand, too.

::) Oh geez! yeah OK its racist  ::) sorry to even try and be honest about it, but if a smidgen of anything un-PC comes along its gotta be racist of course...don't forget bigot too -_-

This issue happens to come from Africa at the moment, sorry to say that's a fact, can't help that, I'm not making it up...but yeah sure its all racist whatever.

No worries lets not talk about the problem or attempt to halt it because its all racist clearly, the disease is racist too for starting in Africa too I guess.

Cvalda

Cvalda

::)

I bet Hubbs locks his car door when he sees a black person crossing the street in front of him.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Cvalda on Aug 04, 2014, 05:06:09 AM
::)

I bet Hubbs locks his car door when he sees a black person crossing the street in front of him.

Seriously? are you two even remotely being serious here?

Cvalda

Cvalda

The pathetic thing is that you are serious.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Cvalda on Aug 04, 2014, 05:12:25 AM
The pathetic thing is that you are serious.

OK, so tell fellow British citizen...oh wait!

You have high numbers of African people that enter your country daily, a large community in London especially, there is a deadly disease outbreak in Africa.

Do you or do you not think there should be something done to try and at least check people coming into the UK in case of infection? as they are now doing in many African countries with people leaving.

Or...is the fact I'm mentioning Africa people (black people) in this equation simply too much for you to take thusly...its racist.

Gate

Gate

Its okay, Hubbs. Anything that can remotely be implied to be racist on the internet, can, and always will be, racist and you should always feel bad about it.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Gate on Aug 04, 2014, 05:18:35 AM
Its okay, Hubbs. Anything that can remotely be implied to be racist on the internet, can, and always will be, racist and you should always feel bad about it.

I simply can't believe it mate! the outbreak is in Africa, there's a high chance of it coming here...but I'm racist!! lol!

I know lets check all the flights coming in from Australia instead cos that isn't racist lol!

Cvalda

Cvalda

There is not a high chance of it coming to the UK -- and actually, the higher chance of it arriving would be via white aid workers, like the ones who recently came back to the US.

Ebola cannot reach pandemic status in the UK or the US, it is NOT an airborne disease, and it is principally spread through poor medical practices like you would find in, say, a poverty stricken African nation, not a first world country where people have better access to clean facilities and proper information. You're just trying to dredge up hysteria fantasies for no reason.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Freaking racist Hubbs.

SM

SM

Quote from: Gate on Aug 04, 2014, 05:18:35 AM

Hubbs got form.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Cvalda on Aug 04, 2014, 05:26:00 AM
There is not a high chance of it coming to the UK -- and actually, the higher chance of it arriving would be via white aid workers, like the ones who recently came back to the US.

Ebola cannot reach pandemic status in the UK or the US, it is NOT an airborne disease, and it is principally spread through poor medical practices like you would find in, say, a poverty stricken African nation, not a first world country where people have better access to clean facilities and proper information. You're just trying to dredge up hysteria fantasies for no reason.

So you're saying all the people that come in on flights everyday have absolutely no chance of being infected, all the people from Ghana, Sierra Leone etc...of which are the greatest numbers coming to the UK daily. You have no idea of the numbers that come and go from the UK, it is very serious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28578596

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28610112

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11003779/Ebola-outbreak-suspected-case-at-British-immigration-centre.html

Major British hubs like Heathrow have failed to tighten procedures even through airports in Kenya, Ethiopia and South Africa have introduced beefed up screening.

Nope...those guys would probably be HIGHLY checked over before even being allowed to step foot back in the country. The threat comes from people travelling who don't know they have it and can easily walk through airports without being checked.

These can mutate and change rapidly...so I'm led to believe.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Money on the table that Hubbs gets Ebola.

Just Hubbs. No one else.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Yep, only reason Ebola got far in European incidences such as the Black Death  (30-60% of the European population wiped out) was because that was the ye old days when we had shitty medicine, shitty hygiene and less education. But now we have modern medicine, modern standards of hygiene and modern education. It's still something to take seriously if you identify the symptoms as it's still a nasty virus, but, it won't be widespread in a place like the U.K, or many places in the whole West for that matter.

SM

SM

Even the fatality rate seems a bit churched up. When you look at the case vs fatalities it's about 67% since 1976, yet it's generally reported as having up to 90% fatalities.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed