In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,678 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 24, 2014, 05:14:58 PM
Again, it's just not hard wired into them.

er... This also sounds a bit silly, sorry to say. :P

"Women are kind and nurturing by nature!"

At the end of the day it's just another set of stereotypes. :P

Look into the role that culture has in building minds. Social "brainwashing" probably has more to do with violent acts than gender, per se. Our culture is sick and it's scales are tipped toward giving men more power, agency and entitlement about it. This is a world where we men are "sort of taught" from a young age that women are just another "status symbol" to own... not "people" but "stuff!" to get. Add this kind of sick shit to whatever mental problem that dude had = bad shit goes down.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

In other news...

Steak is good for you. I just ate one myself.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 24, 2014, 05:26:48 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 24, 2014, 05:14:58 PM
Again, it's just not hard wired into them.

er... This also sounds a bit silly, sorry to say. :P

"Women are kind and nurturing by nature!"

At the end of the day it's just another set of stereotypes. :P

Look into the role that culture has in building minds. Social "brainwashing" probably has more to do with violent acts than gender, per se. Our culture is sick and it's scales are tipped toward giving men more power, agency and entitlement about it. This is a world where we men are taught from a young age that women are just another "status symbol"... not "people" but "stuff!" to get. Add this kind of sick shit to whatever mental problem that dude had = bad shit goes down.
I don't know about you guys, but I was never taught that.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Cal427eb on May 24, 2014, 05:28:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ7HZATMKBY#
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgAaRf1W3AI#

:laugh: I exaggerated but it's still kind of all over our culture. C'mon.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 24, 2014, 05:27:38 PM
In other news...

OR IS IT

Tell that to your limited edition collectible waifu pillow.

BANE

BANE

I wasn't taught that either.

I was mercilessly whipped whenever I made a mistake and didn't have time to think about women.

Only my scars.  :'(

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Cvalda on May 24, 2014, 05:31:12 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 24, 2014, 05:27:38 PM
In other news...

OR IS IT

Tell that to your limited edition collectible waifu pillow.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

I do not own a fedora. But I also don't own a lot of things.  :laugh:

Blacklabel ... stereotypes are there for a reason. Culturally, sexually, religiously.

Men are wired for individual survival first, then the tribe. Women are wired for nurturing the young and reproduction ... the continuation of the tribe.

Both are noble roles. None of us would be here now if countless men and women before us didn't succumb to this natural instinct. Now social evolution is asking us to over ride our prime directive in certain ways. Men are stay at home in 'mother roles' and women can go into battle. But for my money ... women still make the best mothers and men make the best warriors. Just sayin.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

there's definitely a certain percentage of natural hardwiring that feeds into our personalities etc.

I just bet that it's not nearly as strong as the role of culture.

Nature vs Nurture. The debate is still ongoing in academic circles. :P

Aspie

Aspie

how did we go from mass murder to gender wars @_@

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

We just went from mass murder.. to gender wars.. to nature vs nurture debate.

I luv this forum, mang.  :D

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 24, 2014, 05:39:13 PM
Men are wired for individual survival first, then the tribe. Women are wired for nurturing the young and reproduction ... the continuation of the tribe.
In a general sense yes, but there are definite exceptions to the rules -- biology is a messy business, and not every man is wired exactly the same as every other man, and women likewise.

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 24, 2014, 05:42:29 PM

I love Camille Paglia's idiotic "There is no female Mozart because there is no female Jack the Ripper" quote.
So where's the black Mozart? ??? Or the black Jack the Ripper? ??? Cultural roles have a MASSIVE influence.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 24, 2014, 05:42:29 PM
there's definitely a certain percentage of natural hardwiring that feeds into our personalities etc.

It's actually quite simple. Nature and nurture both play a significant role in shaping us but the amount that either nature or nurture shapes us differs from person to person. I don't even know why their is a debate about this.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

It would "seem" simple.. but there are people with different opinions.. and they love to argue. X)

Hence the continuing debate....
Lots of people still point to this book as bringing back the discussion:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blank_Slate#Reception

I vaguely remember some snarky tweets by Richard Dawkins about people ignoring that book.

Quote from: Cvalda on May 24, 2014, 05:45:36 PM
I love Camille Paglia's idiotic "There is no female Mozart because there is no female Jack the Ripper" quote.
So where's the black Mozart? ??? Or the black Jack the Ripper? ??? Cultural roles have a MASSIVE influence.

Dayum that's an insane quote.  :laugh:

I dont know about ya'll but imma go take my dawg for a walk.

See ya.  ;D

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Cvalda on May 24, 2014, 05:45:36 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 24, 2014, 05:39:13 PM
In a general sense yes, but there are definite exceptions to the rules -- biology is a messy business, and not every man is wired exactly the same as every other man, and women likewise.

Sure thing. But they are the minority. And have their own unique set of special problems and drama. Much of which gets spun out as carnival sideshow entertainment to make everyone else feel a little more normal.  ;)

Blacklabel ... about culture ...

Culture itself is formed around instinct.

The black gangster alpha male culture of bitches and hoes and get rich or die trying. Still men struggling with society in order to fulfill their internal lusts for money and power. 

This bullshit superficial competition has lead to the trophy wife mentality in which women bitch and crow about who has the biggest house, smartest kids, the most cars, the most designer shit jammed into their closets. In the end they are trying desperately to justify their male counterparts role in life and throwing it in the face of others aggressively and passive aggressively.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed