In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,271 times)

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 24, 2014, 04:54:37 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 24, 2014, 04:40:28 PM
I didn't say necessarily, just that it IS a factor, and to deny or ignore that is being disingenuous.

I would deny it because the way I'm looking at it is, let's say this were a case of a woman murdering her child, i.e. infanticide. Would we say it's a case of natural female aggression?

Also, if this kid is indeed entitled, then he would've committed his crime due to lack, not abundance. If you already have everything you want, there's no need to go apeshit like this.

But he didn't have everything he wanted. And he felt like he was owed more - specifically women, which was a common theme in many of his videos.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

When society considers you entitled to something, you don't lack it.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Good post Xenomorphine. I think we've all (at some point) been in a dark place socially and it depends on a variety of factors how we deal with it.

Growing up, men deal with this and have to deal with their peers also dealing with it. I've every sad thing from guys tipping waitresses that weren't even waiting on them to full on aggressive groping in packs. We need better parents in most of these cases. 

The fact that he is young and white feeds right into that stereotype ... lone gunman thing. There are mental issues sure. Wouldn't be surprised if he was having sexual identity issues as well. It's going to be interesting to see what comes up about this guy in the coming days/weeks.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 24, 2014, 04:59:27 PM
No, it's not. There you go using words you don't know the definition of again.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/entitlement
Quotethe feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges)

Cvalda

Cvalda

The Definition Wars have resumed. General Cal is at the ready.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cal427eb on May 24, 2014, 05:02:50 PM

Quotethe feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges)

You are entitled to the money in your bank account, you are entitled to food in your fridge, you are entitled to use your car. These are things that society entitles you to.

Quote from: Cvalda on May 24, 2014, 04:57:34 PM

A Time article on the subject:
http://ideas.time.com/2012/07/24/the-overwhelming-maleness-of-mass-homicide/

QuoteHow many of the worst mass murderers in American history were women? None.

That's what I was commenting about.

This article is dead wrong in that regard.
http://unknownmisandry.blogspot.ca/2011/09/creepiest-female-serial-killers.html

BANE

BANE

Please please please nobody respond.

Please.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 24, 2014, 05:08:57 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on May 24, 2014, 05:02:50 PM

You are entitled to the money in your bank account, you are entitled to food in your fridge, you are entitled to use your car. These are things that society entitles you to.

You're completely missing the point. Elliot Rodger believes he was entitled to women.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Then he believed something completely counter to what society believes men are entitled to.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

I don't think I've ever heard of a woman committing aggressive, violent, mass murder.

Again, it's just not hard wired into them. This doesn't make them any less of a monster than a man that goes bad. It's just the way we are made. A woman is a knife, or a drop of poison when she goes crazy. A man is a bomb.

Can we get past the gender thing? It's nauseatingly obvious why men are capable of dishing more physical harm on others at this point. 

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 24, 2014, 05:13:40 PM
I'll just leave this here:

https://twitter.com/devincf/status/470246637793574913

runs
Okay... he has pleb taste in film but at least he has sense on social issues :D ;D

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Cvalda on May 24, 2014, 05:03:38 PM
The Definition Wars have resumed. General Cal is at the ready.
I'm the best at what I do.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

As for entitlement ... pfft.

Certain societies lure people into believing you are entitle to certain things but you still have to go out and earn the right yourself. If I want a car I have to take a test, pass it, hold down a job, pay for insurance, and keep the tank full. If I want a woman, I have to invest the time to make myself not a slobbering man troll, be actually interesting, be able to listen and have a conversation, and to hone a host of other qualities that attracts the opposite sex. 

The time of the caveman is over. Clubs down boys.  ;)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 24, 2014, 05:23:07 PM
As for entitlement ... pfft.

Certain societies lure people into believing you are entitle to certain things but you still have to go out and earn the right yourself. If I want a car I have to take a test, pass it, hold down a job, pay for insurance, and keep the tank full. If I want a woman, I have to invest the time to make myself not a slobbering man troll, be actually interesting, be able to listen and have a conversation, and to hone a host of other qualities that attracts the opposite sex. 

The time of the caveman is over. Clubs down boys.  ;)
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Bat Chain probably does not own a fedora.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed