In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,606 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 19, 2014, 05:29:09 PM
The USA doesn't have the same amount of disgusting historical track records because its one of the youngest first world countries.  It's not without its problems though.

Well, if you wanna get technical about it, the Russian Federation is considerably younger.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Its the Russian federation in name only.  Run by the same people it was run by when it was the USSR during the cold war.  It just collapsed under its own weight and couldn't control its former territories.  Now its trying to again.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Its not like it can't.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 19, 2014, 07:01:16 PM
Its the Russian federation in name only.  Run by the same people it was run by when it was the USSR during the cold war.  It just collapsed under its own weight and couldn't control its former territories.  Now its trying to again.
Haha America has size envy.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: BANE on May 19, 2014, 07:11:36 PM
Haha America has size envy.

Not really. 

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Even then, the USSR was considerably younger than the US.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Fair enough.  I suppose I just grow tired of all the people that call shenanigans on the US but never on their own governments. 

"'Merica is so bad, lets join them on their campaign of terror against the middle east to destroy islam because we hate what they are doing so much!"

"Merica is so terrible, lets drag them into Vietnam, abandon them, support their sanctions against russia, wait for them to sanction Russia..........and then sell Russia French warships."

"Oh America needs a foothold in Africa..................let's sell them our old French base in Djibouti but make public denouncements against their actions against the middle east.  But lets keep a well provisioned garrison of our own troops there just in case we need to launch or own operations from there and lets spin up our own PR department so the rest of the world doesn't remember why we were there in the first place."

"'Merica needs to use its state department to promote peace instead of just engaging in every global conflict there is to be had."

"Why the f**k is 'Merica not doing anything about Syria!?"

"Why the hell is 'Merica not supporting Ukraine with troops and equipment!?"

The US government can't decide what it wants to be, and I think that's because leadership doesn't last long at the top so your ideas from the top down are never consistent.  But the rest of the world also doesn't truly know what it wants 'Merica to be either.  The last time we were isolationist, we got pulled into consecutive world wars anyways. 

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I think it should be either America steps away from world affairs that don't concern them entirely.

Or they go full on, all out and invade Syria. (Saudi Arabia needs "liberation" more though IMO lol)

I just wish it would get some consistant leadership so it would stop half-assing everything.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 19, 2014, 08:57:22 PM
Fair enough.  I suppose I just grow tired of all the people that call shenanigans on the US but never on their own governments. 

"'Merica is so bad, lets join them on their campaign of terror against the middle east to destroy islam because we hate what they are doing so much!"

"Merica is so terrible, lets drag them into Vietnam, abandon them, support their sanctions against russia, wait for them to sanction Russia..........and then sell Russia French warships."

"Oh America needs a foothold in Africa..................let's sell them our old French base in Djibouti but make public denouncements against their actions against the middle east.  But lets keep a well provisioned garrison of our own troops there just in case we need to launch or own operations from there and lets spin up our own PR department so the rest of the world doesn't remember why we were there in the first place."

"'Merica needs to use its state department to promote peace instead of just engaging in every global conflict there is to be had."

"Why the f**k is 'Merica not doing anything about Syria!?"

"Why the hell is 'Merica not supporting Ukraine with troops and equipment!?"

The US government can't decide what it wants to be, and I think that's because leadership doesn't last long at the top so your ideas from the top down are never consistent.  But the rest of the world also doesn't truly know what it wants 'Merica to be either.  The last time we were isolationist, we got pulled into consecutive world wars anyways.

lol politics

Kimarhi

DoomRulz

Cvalda

Cvalda

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/17/transprose/

QuoteThe project, aptly named TransProse, is the creation of Hannah Davis from New York University and Saif Mohammad at the National Research Council Canada.

When it reads, the algorithm is looking for one of eight different emotions: fear, surprise, trust, joy, sadness, disgust and anger. A painful death scene in the book will get assigned a low note, while a joyful celebration will get something higher. To make things flow, the program splits novels up into four different parts: beginning, early middle, late middle and end. Each section has its own unique musical accompaniment, a feature that allows you to travel through the emotions of a story. Right now songs sound more like a beginner's piano lesson than a musical masterpiece, but that could change over time. Its creators hope that the end result is so good the technology might automate the soundtrack for movies, or even power audiovisual e-books that play tunes while you're reading the accompanying text.

Oh god.
Zimmerbot 9000

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Russia and North Korea can shove it for all I care. No matter the circumstances. And everyone always complains about America? At least we don't starve our own people and planning over to take Canada and Mexico. Jesus Christ. America is no where near as bad guys. Were not perfect but Jesus represent your country for Christ sake. America is amazing compared to most other countries in the entire world. Stop being ingrateful guys. America really aint that bad.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Chronicle on May 20, 2014, 05:46:13 PM
Russia and North Korea can shove it for all I care. No matter the circumstances. And everyone always complains about America? At least we don't starve our own people and planning over to take Canada and Mexico. Jesus Christ. America is no where near as bad guys. Were not perfect but Jesus represent your country for Christ sake. America is amazing compared to most other countries in the entire world. Stop being ingrateful guys. America really aint that bad.

I have Afghanistan, Vietnam, and Iraq on the phone. They'd like to have a word with you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed