Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,686 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Want me to keep going? I can. I have all night, baby :-*

Sabby

Sabby

I asked you a question Cvalda. You can choose not to answer, but please don't brush it off with such an insulting insinsuation.

Equality is only equal when it applies to everyone. Both genders have their own sets of prejudice and problems, and both deserve appropriate representation. Completely dismissing Mens Rights Activism because some self professed MRA members are pigs is far more sexist then anything me or Doom has said.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 01:03:41 AM
Equality is only equal when it applies to everyone. Both genders have their own sets of prejudice and problems, and both deserve appropriate representation. Completely dismissing Mens Rights Activism because some self professed MRA members are pigs is far more sexist then anything me or Doom has said.
Find me a MRM issue that doesn't blame everything on women or feminists and you might have a valid point. :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The family court system and male prison rape.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 11, 2014, 01:08:38 AM
The family court system
What about it?

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 11, 2014, 01:08:38 AM
and male prison rape.
Obviously a problem, but what about it?

Sabby

Sabby

That, and rape in general. Both sexes face rape related issues, and both should have appropriate representation. That's not to say that male rape issues are comparable to female rape issues (I honestly have no idea) but you're saying that the former deserves no attention at all. As a man who could be sexually assaulted one day, I find that absolutely disgusting.

I would fight for your rights any day, Cvalda, so hearing that you think nothing of me being raped and then laughed into silence for it is appalling.

I don't know Dooms stance well enough to comment on him, but I can say this. The biggest sexist in the room here is you.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well, it's no secret that mothers are heavily favoured when it comes to custody battles and men are taken to the cleaners by the presiding judge. In the case of male prison rape, whenever it happens, no one really seems to care because the general attitude is, "they're prisoners, who cares?" Well, be that as it may, that does not justify the harm that comes to them and also, it's a toxic environment that results in the spread of STDs. It can also lead to these men, unfortunately, becoming actual rapists once they leave prison.

There's also the historical idea of male disposability. In wartime, men are expected to go fight and give up their lives for their country. The draft itself is a gross human's rights violation because it violates the right to life, liberty, and security of the person.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 01:13:33 AM
I would fight for your rights any day, Cvalda, so hearing that you think nothing of me being raped and then laughed into silence for it is appalling.
Well that's some paranoid, histrionic bullshit that is founded in NOTHING I have ever said.

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 11, 2014, 01:13:44 AM
Well, it's no secret that mothers are heavily favoured when it comes to custody battles and men are taken to the cleaners by the presiding judge.
Probably true. And probably oftentimes unfortunate. But if that is the best example you have of sinister, widespread oppression against men, it is pretty lukewarm.

In the case of male prison rape, whenever it happens, no one really seems to care because the general attitude is, "they're prisoners, who cares?" Well, be that as it may, that does not justify the harm that comes to them and also, it's a toxic environment that results in the spread of STDs. It can also lead to these men, unfortunately, becoming actual rapists once they leave prison.
I don't think anyone goes around saying "prison rape, lulz, awesome" except the straw figures in your imagination. Yes, it's a problem -- one specifically endemic to criminal men, mostly perpetuated against criminal men by other criminal men, so again, not representative of any sort of instutionalized societal oppression instead of just being an awful consequence of shoving a bunch of convicts together and not having enough resources to properly care for them.

Sabby

Sabby

You said quite clearly that the MRM is unimportant. I'm not sure how that translates any other way. MRM is supposed to represent and defend those who face male centric problems like the one I described, or not being taken seriously in custody cases, if you'd like another example. By saying the MRM is not important, you are quite clearly saying that I should not have fair representation and treatment if I were to be treated unfairly for my gender.

If you didn't realize that that is what you're saying, you should now. Would you like to amend your position? Or am I still due no representation should I be discriminated against for my gender?

Also...

QuoteProbably true. And probably oftentimes unfortunate. But if that is the best example you have of sinister, widespread oppression against men, it is pretty lukewarm.

Who the f**k is saying that? Certainly not me. Pointing out that men do face discrimination for their gender in no way even comes close to saying 'global anti-male conspiracy'.  You wanna accuse people of Strawmanning, you'd do well not to indulge in it yourself.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on May 11, 2014, 01:15:12 AM
Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 01:13:33 AM
Well that's some paranoid, histrionic bullshit that is founded in NOTHING I have ever said.

Well, it's no secret that mothers are heavily favoured when it comes to custody battles and men are taken to the cleaners by the presiding judge.
Probably true. And probably oftentimes unfortunate. But if that is the best example you have of sinister, widespread oppression against men, it is pretty lukewarm.

In the case of male prison rape, whenever it happens, no one really seems to care because the general attitude is, "they're prisoners, who cares?" Well, be that as it may, that does not justify the harm that comes to them and also, it's a toxic environment that results in the spread of STDs. It can also lead to these men, unfortunately, becoming actual rapists once they leave prison.
I don't think anyone goes around saying "prison rape, lulz, awesome" except the straw figures in your imagination. Yes, it's a problem -- one specifically endemic to criminal men, mostly perpetuated against criminal men by other criminal men, so again, not representative of any sort of instutionalized societal oppression instead of just being an awful consequence of shoving a bunch of convicts together and not having enough resources to properly care for them.

Believe it or not, I do not think men are oppressed. Hell, I don't think anyone living in the Western world is oppressed. I think men and women suffer from inequalities and injustices but not oppression. When I think of oppression, I think of someone living in a developing country who is denied their basic human rights.

About men raping other men; that's beside the point. If we were to discuss the issue of violence in black communities, no one is going to bother saying that it's black men harming other black men or black hurting other blacks so it's not wroth looking into. The issue is that violence is taking place, but no one is really addressing it.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 01:22:03 AM
You said quite clearly that the MRM is unimportant. I'm not sure how that translates any other way. MRM is supposed to represent and defend those who face male centric problems like the one I described, or not being taken seriously in custody cases, if you'd like another example. By saying the MRM is not important, you are quite clearly saying that I should not have fair representation and treatment if I were to be treated unfairly for my gender.
Except that MRM doesn't do any of that because it's not an actual movement and is really just a bunch of misogynists on Reddit and AVFM, but okay, go on living in your ignorant fantasy world where MRM groups actually enact legislature or do anything other than write hateful shit on the internet.

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 01:22:03 AM
Who the f**k is saying that? Certainly not me.
I wasn't responding to you :)

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 11, 2014, 01:22:16 AM
Hell, I don't think anyone living in the Western world is oppressed.
-- Straight White Dude, 2014

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Cvalda on May 11, 2014, 01:26:27 AM
Except that MRM doesn't do any of that because it's not an actual movement and is really just a bunch of misogynists on Reddit and AVFM, but okay, go on living in your ignorant fantasy world where MRM groups actually enact legislature or do anything other than write hateful shit on the internet.

You accuse others of living a fantasy, yet you demonstrate here you simplify the world to suit your prejudice. I was going to copy that whole paragraph and swap all the male centric words with female centric ones, but I'm sure others can do that in their brain. If you take the time to, I imagine it would look quite offensive.

QuoteI wasn't responding to you :)

And that changes my contention how? You're moving goal posts. Not cool Cvalda. You start out with 'pfft, such a sexist, MRM isn't important', then when someone points out an actual need for MRM you sneakily change your position to 'pfft, there's no global pro-male conspiracy'.

Sorry to be short with you, but I deal with this kind of dishonesty from fundies and woo peddlers. If you don't want me to treat you like an excitable idiot, then try not to act like one, and if you must, try not to represent such a sensitive and important topic. You make everyone with an understanding of gender issues cringe.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on May 11, 2014, 01:26:27 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 11, 2014, 01:22:16 AM
Hell, I don't think anyone living in the Western world is oppressed.
-- Straight White Dude, 2014

And you know what my ethnicity is, how exactly...? And before you say it's because you saw one of my vlogs or a picture I've posted myself here, my skin colour means f**k all in terms of ethnicity.

Moreover, being white doesn't mean a person can't offer an opinion on race and gender relations.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 01:34:46 AM
Sorry to be short with you, but I deal with this kind of dishonesty from fundies and woo peddlers. If you don't want me to treat you like an excitable idiot, then try not to act like one, and if you must, try not to represent such a sensitive and important topic. You make everyone with an understanding of gender issues cringe.
Says the guy who accused me of laughing at you being hypothetically raped.

You know absolutely zero about MRM, and are humiliating yourself defending it. So you don't like fundies, huh?  :) Guess what: MRM is right wing, neoconservative movement!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men%27s_rights_movement#Relation_to_feminism

It is NOT taken seriously by thinking people because it actually has nothing to do with the disadvantages suffered by men, and is instead mostly a hategroup against women. But go on believing it is some group that valiantly fights for undeprivileged men -- it doesn't do anything of the sort.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed