Author
In The News (Read 1,412,619 times)

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: maledoro on Apr 23, 2014, 08:28:46 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Apr 23, 2014, 08:23:32 PM
Quote from: maledoro on Apr 23, 2014, 08:19:58 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 23, 2014, 11:19:38 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/21/elderly-man-calls-for-ambulance-violent-cops-beat-him-instead/

This is why I have a hard time taking the cops seriously, among other reasons.
And that is why people have a hard time taking the media seriously. They equate "independent reporting" with the mainstream. Plus, a few cops act up and then we're to assume that all cops are that way? Imagine if we did this with ethnic or religious groups. Oh, wait a minute...
It's more than just a "few" cops. I don't have any solid stats but there seems to be more and more corrupt LEO's than ever before, at least in this beautiful country called the United States of America.
Stats, or STFU. Hell, skip the stats.

I didn't verify the authenticity of the source but this seems legitimate. Here you go hun ;)

General Statistics

The following report was generated from data gathered in the months of April 2009 through September 2009. In the those 6 months there were:

2,568 – Alleged victims of reported police misconduct.
2,854 – Law enforcement officers alleged to have engaged in misconduct.
207 – Law enforcement leaders (police chiefs or sheriffs) that were cited in those reports.
215 – Fatalities reported in connection with alleged instances of misconduct.
14.7 – Reported incidents of misconduct tracked per day on average or a report of misconduct every 98 minutes.
1 out of every 116.4 – Estimated number of officers who will be involved in a reported act of misconduct this year.
$128,906,406 – Reported costs in police misconduct related civil litigation, not counting legal fees or court costs.

http://www.policemisconduct.net/2009-npmsrp-semi-annual-police-misconduct-statistics-report-updated/

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Aspie on Apr 23, 2014, 08:33:43 PM
what would a maledoro and kirkland baby be like
Gollum.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 23, 2014, 08:36:59 PMIt likely isn't the whole force, but damned if these cops will actually be punished for their crimes.
Earlier, you sounded certain of this, let alone other departments being that way.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I become rather hyped about it. Always do.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 23, 2014, 08:57:11 PM
I become rather hyped about it. Always do.
Not good.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Nightlord

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

The office cooler discussion for today is: Manned mission to Mars.

http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-chief-says-manned-mission-to-mars--absolutely-necessary--for-human-race-s-survival-162659397.html

How should we go about colonizing a new planet? 
Having outposts along the way to and from the planet for emergencies?
Who decides what to bring from Earth for psychological benefit such as pets, flowers, recording sounds? 
How to establish an amicable system of government?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Mars is going to be an American colony.

As is should be.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightlord on Apr 24, 2014, 02:18:21 PM
http://nypost.com/2014/04/22/call-of-duty-loser-calls-in-swat-team-hoax-on-kid-who-beat-him/

:laugh: Cod babbies at it again.

What the f**k?!

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Apr 24, 2014, 02:59:20 PM
The office cooler discussion for today is: Manned mission to Mars.

http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-chief-says-manned-mission-to-mars--absolutely-necessary--for-human-race-s-survival-162659397.html

How should we go about colonizing a new planet? 
Having outposts along the way to and from the planet for emergencies?
Who decides what to bring from Earth for psychological benefit such as pets, flowers, recording sounds? 
How to establish an amicable system of government?

I say we fix our planet first before taking our problems to another one.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The best resources to fix our planet could come from outside of our planet.  Space exploration is something that should've been restarted a very long time ago.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

The ISS has been successful so far, we have a melting pot of cultures living together in space with like minds and respect.  Maybe we need more projects to work together on  :)  What better way than science and exploration?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 24, 2014, 03:20:59 PM
The best resources to fix our planet could come from outside of our planet.  Space exploration is something that should've been restarted a very long time ago.

I disagree. I maintain we could do it here on Earth. People just need to care enough.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

In the cosmic shooting gallery that is space, you need to have your eggs in more than one basket.

The Sun will one day grow large enough to swallow Earth anyways.  Might as well give our successors a head start on space exploration by putting civilization on Mars.

Alice I was just joking about the Mars being a sole US Colony.  No one country will be able to claim it for themselves. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed